Doji Hikaru

Sleepless Dreams of the Future (D8MN, closed)

Post by Doji Hikaru »

It had been a truly long, strange, week. And a truly exhausting one, besides that. A series of troubled nights led into a truly nightmarish day, with everyone fighting not just for their survival, but the survival of all of humanity. Finally, it was over, and they could rest.

Hikaru couldn't sleep.

He frowned up at the ceiling of the tent, his pale eyes open. He'd spent many nights like that before, but always alone. Tonight... even without the clue of the very warm form next to him, as Satsuki's body heat was impressive, Hikaru would have known she was there. Since they were married, he'd become even more attuned to her presence, like she was a part of him.

Idly, Hikaru reached over, gently stroking Satsuki's shoulder, a gesture of quiet affection. It was a light touch, one that likely wouldn't wake her, unless she too were having trouble sleeping, of course.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Re: Sleepless Dreams of the Future (D8MN, closed)

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

With her eyes closed, Satsuki wished for sleep to come. For restful dreams that were no longer plagued by nightmares or strange visions. But she couldn't. Of course she was tired, as everyone in camp was, but her mind would not stop churning through thoughts and events. It was as if the past week had been in a continuous change, where nothing made sense anymore.

Nothing except... Hikaru. She felt the gentle caress of his hand, and her eyes slowly opened to focus on him. As her green eyes found his, she broke into a smile before blinking lazily. "Can't sleep either, huh?" she murmured softly and moved her arm to bring herself closer to him.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Smiling gently as he met those green eyes, Hikaru shook his head. "I cannot." He murmured. "It is strange, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I sense my dreams will be untroubled. And yet..." Again, he shook his head.

Hikaru shifted as Satsuki did, letting her cuddle up against him, one arm coming down to gently hug her. "The enormity of what has just been accomplished astounds me. The corruption has been defeated..." He sighed. "Does it not seem as though a rest has been earned? Why can't we sleep?" He calmed himself with a gentle kiss on Satsuki's shoulder, the little gesture soothing him somewhat.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Her eyes closed blissfully in response to the gentle kiss.

"Maybe because we don't know yet?" she said, a little worried maybe. But mostly Satsuki was concerned about him now. "If... if this means Doji is free, and awake again. What will happen to us who survived... how much damage did the corruption do to us all, and our homes?" At least those were her thoughts that plagued her.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

On the other hand, something about that calmed Hikaru. "If Lady Doji is free and awake again... than I suppose I would be Togashi Hikaru, wouldn't I?" A quick grin, his white teeth just visible in the dim light. flashed across his face, and his arm pulled her form more tightly against his.

He took a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh. "But I suppose the work is not yet done. Tracking down the last corrupted may take years. But an end is in sight. I almost didn't think there would be..." Another deep breath. "It is strange to think about."

Soothingly, comfortingly, his hand stroked down her arm. "Are you worried about your people? Your family?"

Togashi Satsuki

"You would be," she confirmed with a soft chuckle, but for the time being he'd still be Doji Hikaru. Until they knew. "Returning to Kyuden Doji might be first on the agenda then, to see what has happened." And if Doji had returned to them, it would only be right for Hikaru to offer his farewell to the Lady he had so faithfully served all these years. Dedicated years of his life to help her.

Shifting around, Satsuki snuggled up closer to Hikaru and found the natural spot for her head just slightly below his chin. "I am... thinking about what the nightmares have been like before this, and seeing some of the villagers here giving into them. I don't want to think that the same has happened at home."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

"Thank you." Hikaru whispered, feeling evident even in those two soft words. Tilting his head, he kissed the top of hers. For a while, the division between Hikaru's passionate side and his proper side had being rather challenging as regarded Satsuki. Now there was nothing improper at all about sharing this closeness with her, and it made Hikaru's heart glad.

"Your family will be fine. Of this I am certain." Indeed, Hikaru spoke without worry. "As for your home... we need not linger in Kyuden Doji. Just long enough to say goodbye..." Satsuki would feel him tense, just a little; after all, it was not yet know what sort of goodbye that would be. "And then back to your home, to lend aid if any is required. I can travel quickly." He promised.

Then he frowned, blinking. "Or... our home? Is that where we will be living, after?"

Togashi Satsuki

That he spoke without worry did give her relief, because it made her believe that it was true if he believed it. "I know you can. And we'll stay as long as needed there, alright? We don't need to hurry our visit to auntie Doji," a soft giggle escaped her, as she dropped the formality a little. And Doji would be is aunt-in-law! "Besides... dad might still be there."

Maybe she felt his frown. Hikaru at least would be able to feel her body move as she inhaled and exhaled gently, and her warm breath against his neck. "Our home, yes. High House of Light, or Great Falls... as we choose. But I do want to travel a bit more of the Empire, if we can dream of what the future will be like? I feel there is still so much to see and learn, and I want to experience so much more with you."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

"Auntie Doji..." Hikaru echoed that softly, making the same connection as Satsuki. He was silent for a few moments, then chuckled softly. "I must confess a touch of apprehension at meeting your family again. We went away with them knowing only that there was a spark of something between us, and come back married." He sighed pleasantly. "I take comfort in thinking that, in their own way and for their own reasons, neither of them will be much surprised."

"We can choose?" Hikaru blinked. Lady Doji's retainer lived where he was told. "Perhaps... perhaps we should see them together? That sounds nice, actually. As does travelling together. Just the two of us?" A note of excitement was audible in his soft voice. "I won't deny, while I was traveling by myself, there were many nights that I wished you were there." His arm shifted, helping her settle back in against him.

Togashi Satsuki

"I had those thoughts too..." she admitted warmly, snuggling up closer to him. Just being close with him like this put her so much at ease, despite all that had happened. "Being beside you like this, that is."

Her head tilted slightly to look up at him, and her hand found its natural resting place on his chest over his heart. "If you can choose what you want to do, as a Dragon, what do you think it will be?" Satsuki asked as she wanted to see how Hikaru could see himself as a Dragon, finding his own path in life.
Theme | Profile