Akodo Kenji wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:15 am
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:09 am
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:07 am
snip
Snip
"It's easy enough, at least at first glance." Kenji said as he made his way over, his eyes moving to the ki-rin for a moment to see if she would come along.

"The goal of the game is to take a wooden mallet and knock all the the sections out from under the Dauma on top. Without tipping the pile over. " He explained pointing at first the mallet and then the various sections of food. "If it falls you lose."

"Generally you compare how many blocks people remove before it falls to pick a victor."
Xiaochen considers this for half a breath. "Sounds fun! When do we start?"
Ki-rin Clan * Bushi * The Lady of the Steppe * Way of Horse and Bow *

Honor: Exceptional, Glory: 3.0, Status: 1
Equipment: Light Armor, Yumi, Jade, Daisho, Violence, Poise
Zhanshi

Makime

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Makime »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:46 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:37 am
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:35 am
Goju gave quite the proper bow. "So... Jiyo-sama, it is honor to see you." Goju was going to do his best to not embarrass Hisomu. Though the man unnerved Goju a little. He made him feel like a little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie drawer.
"And you, Hisomu-san... have we met? You must forgive me, at my age, keeping track of all of you youngsters gets difficult."
Goju doesn't know how to answer that question. "I am Hisomu Goju. Maybe long ago. My parents took me many places, including the Imperial city. But I have definitely heard much about you. My parents were among those who travelled to rescue Hisomu-kami. Though this is a happy festival, so I'd rather not dwell on the past." Goju felt this happiness would not last much longer for the common people. "I hope all is well."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:35 am
Goju gave quite the proper bow. "So... Jiyo-sama, it is honor to see you." Goju was going to do his best to not embarrass Hisomu. Though the man unnerved Goju a little. He made him feel like a little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie drawer.
"And you, Hisomu-san... have we met? You must forgive me, at my age, keeping track of all of you youngsters gets difficult."
The two soon found themselves interrupted, and perhaps not so politely.

Makime had found herself wandering the streets until her eyes had settled on a certain Imperial. "Sora-san. Should I take your presence here as an indication of the Emperor's level of concern with Shinsei's gathering?"

It was only then she looked to the other present, studying Goju for a second before. "Makime, Servant of Lord Akodo." She says before her attention refocuses on the Jiyo.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang was rather tardy for the event but she was here nevertheless. It seemed much of the day was about Shinsei's appearance and the ominous fog that she nearly forgot the actual feature of the village, the Festival! Her gaze darted about as she took in the sights while navigating through the crowds. At the very least, whatever will come, at least the town looked so lively. It was enough of a distraction for Shang and she found herself milling through the various wares. "Let's get something to eat first before the night slips by us too," she murmured to herself.

(OOC: Late to the event, PM if approached. Please and thank you!)
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:25 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
The two soon found themselves interrupted, and perhaps not so politely.

Makime had found herself wandering the streets until her eyes had settled on a certain Imperial. "Sora-san. Should I take your presence here as an indication of the Emperor's level of concern with Shinsei's gathering?"

It was only then she looked to the other present, studying Goju for a second before. "Makime, Servant of Lord Akodo." She says before her attention refocuses on the Jiyo.
He knew who she was. Few people didn't. He still gave a proper bow and introduced himseld. "Hisomu Goju." Not that he believed she cared.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:14 am
“But yeah… same story in the graveyard. And rumors of not being able to get out of the woods. Just ending back up where people started.”
He lead her over to a bench set for the festival and sat down in the middle of it. He'd move if she wanted a seat but didn't seem to assume she would. "The woods lead you back, or shit you out where you came in, whatever the case you can't exit on the other side, it seems." He chewed skewer. "Though that's just assumption, I didn't get lost and found my way back on my own."

He ate a bit more. "There's a shrine here though, guards are posted there. They don't let you ascend the steps. Curious." He gave her a look.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:42 am
He lead her over to a bench set for the festival and sat down in the middle of it. He'd move if she wanted a seat but didn't seem to assume she would. "The woods lead you back, or shit you out where you came in, whatever the case you can't exit on the other side, it seems." He chewed skewer. "Though that's just assumption, I didn't get lost and found my way back on my own."

He ate a bit more. "There's a shrine here though, guards are posted there. They don't let you ascend the steps. Curious." He gave her a look.
He soon learned that she did indeed want a seat when her hips pushed him over to the side of the bench and plopped herself down next to him.

“Very curious… I don’t know many shrines that aren’t looking for more adherents.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:52 am
He soon learned that she did indeed want a seat when her hips pushed him over to the side of the bench and plopped herself down next to him.

“Very curious… I don’t know many shrines that aren’t looking for more adherents.”
He scooted over with a chagrin. "Well Chouri-san did say their rituals are all private, who knows?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:11 am
He scooted over with a chagrin. "Well Chouri-san did say their rituals are all private, who knows?"
“Most people don’t keep things private unless there is something to hide.” She replied.

“Except maybe you Scorpions…”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:23 am
“Most people don’t keep things private unless there is something to hide.” She replied.

“Except maybe you Scorpions…”
"We have plenty to hide", he said. "You know my Lord is a terrible liar, so he put on a mask to keep people from reading his face?" He leaned closer and whispered. "It's actually because, despite them being identical, he's more handsome than the emperor and is just doing his duty as a good vassal."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:27 am
"We have plenty to hide", he said. "You know my Lord is a terrible liar, so he put on a mask to keep people from reading his face?" He leaned closer and whispered. "It's actually because, despite them being identical, he's more handsome than the emperor and is just doing his duty as a good vassal."
“Must be a pretty vain and stingy lord then… seeing that he didn’t share any of his good looks with his followers.” She replied with a smirk.

“I’m sure you all have plenty to hide… But you also want us to think you have things to hide… I’m not sure that’s the case here. It’s more likely they actually just don’t want us to know what’s going on.”

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 pm
Xiaochen observed the impromptu archery contest with some attention. She'd arrived late; no need to strut her own stuff. But, then, a person liked to keep in form, and while she couldn't imagine shooting as elegantly as that Spider fella, she wasn't gonna hide in the tall grass either.

She set her jaw, strung her bow, and set to work.

Stationary Target 10, 3 called raises. | 9k4+7 ⇒ 43 (TN: 25)

The whistle of the arrow followed by a very satisfying thunk. It was different with her feet firmly on the ground, but she'd done what she set out to do. With a firm nod of satisfaction, she went to go get a drink.
"Well shot, Xiaochen-san," a quiet, pleased voice drifts up from one side, somewhere around the level of Xiaochen's shoulder. Otaku could be quite inconspicuous when she wasn't making an active effort to be otherwise.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:31 am
“I’m sure you all have plenty to hide… But you also want us to think you have things to hide… I’m not sure that’s the case here. It’s more likely they actually just don’t want us to know what’s going on.”
Norikage was curious as to where this girl got her information on his clan. Certainly secrets were something they traded in, and duplicity was helpful with it...but it wasn't a widely known thing that the Scorpion were...sneaky gits. Not least that he was aware, and he was part of the family.

He suspected that his companion was more than he thought she was, well, even more than he already thought she was, as someone hiding their identity.

"Naturally, but that doesn't matter right now", he said. "In this moment I'm sharing a bench with someone I don't know, but know well enough, I'm eating good food and there's even fine music."

Sometimes it's okay to enjoy yourself, too.

Otaku Xiaochen

Post by Otaku Xiaochen »

Akodo Kenji wrote:snip
Reiko Ohta wrote:snip
Otomo Akutou wrote:snip
Otaku wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:32 am

"Well shot, Xiaochen-san," a quiet, pleased voice drifts up from one side, somewhere around the level of Xiaochen's shoulder. Otaku could be quite inconspicuous when she wasn't making an active effort to be otherwise.
Xiaochen smiled before looking down at her daimyo. "Otaku-ue! Thank you for your observation!" She couldn't help but preen a bit. "Oh! These are my friends." She paused. "I think. That might have been presumptuous, but we'll call it a goal if we aren't there, yet, right? Anyway, Akodo Kenji, Reiko Ohta, Otomo Akutou, minna-sans, this is Otaku, Daimyo of the Otaku Family, Votary of Lady Shinjo, and a person who knows good shooting when she sees it."
Ki-rin Clan * Bushi * The Lady of the Steppe * Way of Horse and Bow *

Honor: Exceptional, Glory: 3.0, Status: 1
Equipment: Light Armor, Yumi, Jade, Daisho, Violence, Poise
Zhanshi

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

A beautiful young woman with soft and gentle eyes mounts the stairs of one of the homes. Some of those present already know her. Her dark brown hair falls in waves around her shoulders, drawing the eye to a hint of a tattoo going up her neck. Her eyes look over the crowd as if each person was a son or daughter for whom she bore great affection.

“Good evening, everyone! Many of you know me, but some of you do not yet. For those who don’t, welcome! We are honored to have so many guests for our humble festival, especially from the esteemed followers of the Kami. We hope you bring their blessings with you to this humble village.

I am Chouri, the headwoman of this village. This night marks the start of our yearly festival. It is a time of purification and healing… perhaps even vision. This region has always been a place of holiness. The tribe who once lived here knew of it. Many years ago, I came here after hearing the stories to meditate,searching for a solution to the problems outside. Soon, other people who also needed help were drawn here.

Since then, we have gathered to clear our minds and heal with the revived traditions we have gathered from our ancestors-in-spirit who once lived here. We hope to honor them, as well, by practicing the traditions they once did.

For tonight, eat, drink, and be merry as we celebrate the beginning our our festival, and please enjoy the display of fireworks our talent artisans have created for your enjoyement.”

With that, she steps down, merging back into the crowd to mingle.

High above, the clouds and fog over head are suddenly lit up with a bang and red and gold light filled the sky with the first of the fireworks. More follow, like a field of flowers suddenly bursting into bloom above to a cheer from the villagers.

[Everyone please roll Perception/Investigation (Notice) TN 35 in this thread.]
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 am
Otaku wrote:
Snip
Snip
"Yeah, its still kind of childish, Reiko-san." Kenji offered with a chuckle. "But hard enough to still be entertaining."

He glanced towards the taller Otaku. "Working towards friendship is a good way of putting it." He said with a smile, they after all had just met.

"And a pleasure to make your acquaintance Otaku-sama. As your clanswoman already said, I'm Akodo Kenji."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 am
Otaku wrote:

Xiaochen smiled before looking down at her daimyo. "Otaku-ue! Thank you for your observation!" She couldn't help but preen a bit. "Oh! These are my friends." She paused. "I think. That might have been presumptuous, but we'll call it a goal if we aren't there, yet, right? Anyway, Akodo Kenji, Reiko Ohta, Otomo Akutou, minna-sans, this is Otaku, Daimyo of the Otaku Family, Votary of Lady Shinjo, and a person who knows good shooting when she sees it."
"Well m--" Fireworks bursting overhead interrupt Otaku's greeting to Xiaochen's new friends, and she looks up at the sky, momentarily diverted. But if there's anything beyond that to surprise, she doesn't note it.

She shakes her head and returns to Earth, lips quirking. "Well met. And fine shooting."
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

As the fireworks started Han-Hei looked to the sky…

Something was not right…

————

D1 Festival Investigation Notice, VP | 5k4 ⇒ 39 (TN: 35)

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:06 pm
A festival!

Satsuki was drawn to the food right away, and she happily got some warm rice cakes that reminded her of the kind she had eaten at home. The young Dragon was happily milling around with her guqin in its cover on her back as she ate.

(PM if approached pls)
Tai'd gone hunting the most filling festival food you could get for a zeni. Camp rations weren't horrible, but they weren't much better than palatable fuel for human bodies. Rice cakes were good, stick to your ribs fare, and festive besides.

As she waits for the little wrapped cake, she studies the young Dragon woman. Not one of those she'd seen with the folks crossing the mountain to trade, but familiar. Cake in hand, she tromps closer, clearing her throat a bit. "Pardon, missy...you look familiar, but not quite. Any of your family traders?" Might be she was related to one of those groups. Wouldn't hurt to offer news of the thing they'd found on their path here.

And then there was a pause for the headwoman to officially start things. Given what she'd heard of the festival, Tai wanted to pay attention to whatever rituals were going to be performed.

late home and late to post. Spotted the announcement as "there have been new posts since..." XD
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

The fire blossoms were beautiful in the night sky, especially after there had been so much fog the night before. But something seemed ... not quite right to Ayako ....

-
D1 ME Festival Begins, Perception/Investigation (Notice) | 3k2 ⇒ 38 (TN: 35)
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara simply gazed upward, the flashes of light reflecting in her amber eyes, as if backlit by fire.

The noise and spectacle seemed to have drowned out her perception of any darker purpose that might have surrounded her.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme