Kaiu Tai

(D4 LA) Seeing a Man About a Horse...Accident

Post by Kaiu Tai »

It takes a little asking around before Tai finds someone willing to tell her where Aoyama's family lived. Pity she hadn't heard the rumors earlier, Anjing probably knew the answer and was literally never as wary as these villagers were today. Well, after the stories of needle-fingered demons, she'd be a bit more skittish too if she weren't pretty well armed against that kind of thing.

In any case, she did lean her spear beside the doorframe before knocking. Didn't want to look extra intimidating for no reason.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Yamagato

Re: (D4 LA) Seeing a Man About a Horse...Accident

Post by Yamagato »

It took a few moments but soon the door slid open to reveal a man in his late middle years, bearded and slightly above average height with a softness to him that implied nonphysical pursuits. He was looking down at the Crab woman, he had soft smile lines on his cheeks that indicated he usually wore a much happier expression than he did now. His smile was small and there was a bit of tiredness in his eyes.

"Oh hello there Crab-sama, if you are looking for my wife I believe she is out on patrol." His tone polite despite any weariness he felt.
Artisan | Doting Husband | Gregarious

Run by GM Tyrus

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Tai offers a similarly small close-lipped smile, consciously trying to appear a bit less odd by not baring those darkened teeth. It's only so effective, given the black on black eyes. "Sun's blessin' for you and she both, but I'm just Tai, usually. Crab though, yes. Kaiu in particular, known for buildin'" She huffs a small laugh. "But that's all fuss and introduction. I came more for...well I heard someone say your daughter was hurt and I wanted to see if I might help. With such a wet day, the water spirits have been eager to help patch folks up when I ask today."

description

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

If he was unnerved about her appearance he didn't show it. His smile grew a bit at Tai's words and he nodded "Hai of course Tai, it's much appreciated that you would offer. She is currently at the healer in Enrou's care. He feels she'll make a recovery easy enough."

He steps aside "but hey you made the trip and the thought matters, the least I can offer is a warm cup of tea on this dreary day."

Run by GM Tyrus

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

The thought of the girl with Enrou...and of whatever this healing ritual to come would entail, isn't an entirely comforting one. So she nods, close-lipped smile widening a bit as she steps past, slipping the bear cloak from her shoulders as she does. "Many thanks, a cup of tea'd be nice. Anythin' warm on this sort of day, really." Turning, she leans past the door to hook it over the spear leaning there. "No sense bringin' in all the water.

"Glad to hear she'll be alright. Sounded bad by the word goin' round. Horses are so big, easy to lose a foot just gettin' stepped on." She glances around, not having seen inside any of the places save Chouri's...and that was mostly from the garden.

description

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The house is modest, especially in comparison to Chouri's. A simple affair, the door leading to a open sitting room with a low table a few pictures hang on the walls. mostly landscapes seemingly of the local area but there is one picture, the scroll hanging opposite the door, of a family. A man resembling the one before her and a tall, broad shouldered woman. There were three children in this picture as well a baby being held by the man, a young boy looking happy and energetic and an older boy with a slightly sullen expression.

There were four doors from this room, most were closed but one was open into what looked like a studio. Scrolls and clay cups lay around a desk with brushes.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

The man closed the door behind her and nodded "Shame about the animal, didn't mean to do it obviously just got spooked by something and, well, I wasn't paying enough attention." His tone slightly guilty.

"Oh I forget myself I am Yamagato by the way. It's nice to meet you Tai." He said as he moved toward the kitchen area beginning to heat some water for the tea.

Run by GM Tyrus

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

"Good meetin' you as well, Yamagato. Been odd tryin' to keep up with festival and the little monk's prophecies, folks injured by wolves and...well the little monk, it seems. Too much, and a lot of not good." She tches. "With all that, easy to be distracted, and kids...they'll get themselves in trouble if you look away for a second sometimes."

She nods toward the portrait. "She one of that lot." And after a glance toward the workroom, "And did you paint it, or there's another artist in town?"

description

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

He chuckles a little as he finishes prepping the tea "Hai this has been easily the most active festival I've ever seen since coming here. For better and worse. It's been nice seeing all the new faces but the attacks and accidents sour it a bit."

He moves to join her at the table. He looks to the scroll and nods "Oh yes, tricky one that always had trouble painting myself into things since I have to go off reflections, but I think it came out alright."

"There are certainly other artists in town but anything hung here I'm responsible for." The works of art were things of beauty easily rivaling things made by great clan artisans, the images wouldn't even look out of place in the lands of Lady Doji.

Run by GM Tyrus

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

"I'd apologize for comin' and makin' things troublesome, but it's more that folks are arrivin' because trouble was destined to show up, I'm afraid."

She accepts the tea with a nod of thanks cupping her hands around it. "They're quite good. Not that I'm much of an artist, but good as anythin' I've seen around. Figured that was you there, so you caught the likeness well enough, I'd say. There's at least one painter here, with us newcomers, Hikaru...well Doji Hikaru. Never seen his work though, to tell the truth." She inhales the steam off the tea, enjoying the warmth after all the damp. "How long ago was that one done? You don't look too much older."

description

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

Yamagato smiled and nodded at the praise "Well thank ya, I try and do as well as I can." He looked at the painting and thought for a moment "that was....six? Seven years ago I think? Soon after little kimi was born."

Run by GM Tyrus

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Yamagato wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:34 am
Yamagato smiled and nodded at the praise "Well thank ya, I try and do as well as I can." He looked at the painting and thought for a moment "that was....six? Seven years ago I think? Soon after little kimi was born."
Tai looks at the baby in the picture and shakes her head. "She's still pretty young then. Were you here already when shewas born? Or came after? Had two littles to wrangle on our long journey to the north and one on the way. So I know it's not easy to travel when they're so small."

description

Aoyama

Post by Aoyama »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:21 am
Tai looks at the baby in the picture and shakes her head. "She's still pretty young then. Were you here already when shewas born? Or came after? Had two littles to wrangle on our long journey to the north and one on the way. So I know it's not easy to travel when they're so small."
"She was young but it wasn't so hard. Travelled pretty easy actually. Aoyama, that big beautiful woman next to me there, is a wonderful travelling companion. Carried Kimi on her back while I minded our son, even fought off some wild Wolves one time while holding Kimi. She really is an amazing woman." His tone is warm and the love he holds is easily apparent.
Village Protector | Stern | all business | soft spot for family

Run by GM Tyrus

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Aoyama wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:20 am
"She was young but it wasn't so hard. Travelled pretty easy actually. Aoyama, that big beautiful woman next to me there, is a wonderful travelling companion. Carried Kimi on her back while I minded our son, even fought off some wild Wolves one time while holding Kimi. She really is an amazing woman." His tone is warm and the love he holds is easily apparent.
"Oof, not an easy journey then, even with well-mannered young-uns!" Tai's voice is sympathetic, coming from a past that can very well relate with the trials of such travel. "Where were you comin' from that it was worth the trip? Assumin' it was worth the trip. You seem happy here."

She smiles, looking at the portrait. "You do seem well-matched. And she's got to be strong to..well, horses are pretty tough and all."

description