Bayushi Norikage

[D4, LE] Trying Everything Pt 2

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage's day had been long, but then it seemed everything worked out in the end. Yet the chill in the air was refreshing instead of shivering. He'd met with a shugenja, he suddenly felt revitalized, possibly even perky. Well, less morose, anyway. Now he was going to take his upgraded, positive attitude back to Yoshie and Daisuke's, have a chat with the princess, and smash sleep.

Hopefully.

Doing his best was rarely enough, after all.

Sweeping into the house, he took off his sandals, went to the hearth room and plopped down after laying his sword to the side. The man let out a happy sigh. It was ridiculous what not feeling tired could do. He felt like he could take on Jigoku by itself. He wondered how excited that feeling made the harbinger.

A smirk and he reached for a cup to pour himself a little bit of Daisuke's sake.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Shiba Kumori

Re: [D4, LE] Trying Everything Pt 2

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori also arrived home for the evening. A thoughtful look on her features as she walked up the steps into the home.

She quietly found her way into the room where the two of them were staying and spied Norikage with a much more affable air to him than the days before.

"You look to be in good spirits..." She said with a soft smile.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bayushi Norikage

Hearing someone approach, actually hearing, being cognizant of it, instead of reactive to the last moment of their approach for the first time in days, he smiled in return as Kumori entered the room.

"I seem to be", he said and took a sip. "Care to join me in good mood land?" He reached across for another cup.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She came and sat across from him on the low table and put her things to the side.

"I hope it's warm." She said with a tired voice.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Bayushi Norikage

"Well", he said as he placed the cup down in front of her and poured the drink. "It does warm you up, but it's warmer on my side of the table, I can assure you of that."

When he finished he nudge the cup toward her. Then picked up his own. "To not being dead or crazy yet." And he held the cup out toward her.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

"To not being dead or crazy." She said with a smile and raised her cup before drinking.

After a second on her lips she pulled the cup away as if it stung.

Her hand came up to her lips which appeared to be red and slightly blistered.

She swallowed the liquid that had made it into her mouth with a gulp and nodded.

"It's good. Thank you."

Bayushi Norikage

He drank as well, and placed the glass down. "Everything is a little better when you can fully experience it", he said appreciably as he took in a breath.

He didn't recall kissing hard enough to bruise her lips. He also tried to not overthink the fact that he'd gone for it at all the other night. Being tired at least had helped him not think at all, but now when she was right there.

He wasn't going to directly address it yet. Maybe she'd say something. Probably not. Stop thinking and talk to her.

"What did you get done today?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“A bit…” She said with a chuckle.

“Most notable thing would probably be the trip into Yume-do and confrontation with the Harbinger…” She said with a half-smile on her lips.

“Turns out the village headwoman has been a… puppet of sorts… for the Harbinger for years. My cousin and I helped save her consciousness from the control of the Harbinger… For now.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara was feeling better than she had in days. She had been magically invigorated, was carrying some sort of special drink to help poor Norikage sleep, and had even hummed a few tunes earlier to make sure she wouldn't be too unpleasant if she tried to help him rest.

Yume-Kiri was still drying, so her hand was free for the small satchel, full as it as with the drink, some snacks, and sake. She wasn't entirely sure how one did this... flirting... thing. She was going with her gut and guessing that food and drink did not hurt the process.

Yes.

That would be good. Surely it must - there had been enough ill fortune the last few days, so her luck was bound to change.

Tapping gently at the door, she beamed up at the distant moonlight which lit the foggy air, giving the village an ethereal glow.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori turned her head to look towards the door and then towards Norikage.

Her tired posture suggested he should go and get this one if he had sense.

Bayushi Norikage

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:36 pm
“A bit…” She said with a chuckle.

“Most notable thing would probably be the trip into Yume-do and confrontation with the Harbinger…” She said with a half-smile on her lips.

“Turns out the village headwoman has been a… puppet of sorts… for the Harbinger for years. My cousin and I helped save her consciousness from the control of the Harbinger… For now.”
"Huh..."

The door sounded, he blinked a bit. Kumori was signaling.

"Right."

He got up easily and walked to the entry to see who it was. When he saw Yukara, he couldn't help but smile, regardless of how caught like a rat in a trap he likely should have felt in that moment.

"Yukara-san", he said. "Good evening, what brings you here? Ah, but you must be cold, come inside."

He could have spoken to her, got whatever she wanted to say from her and sent her on her way, but whatever. Maybe he was being greedy. Afterall being a bit insensitive could work in many different ways. Especially when you think you're being sensitive to others.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah, thank you, Norikage-san." Her hair was tied back and clean, she was dressed in her best yukata and she had spent some time making sure she did the obi as she had been directed when she was given the clothes... her prayer beads had been cleaned off and replenished with another wooden bead to take the place of the missing clay one... In her own unusual way, she was trying to look her best.

She stepped inside, gently slipping off her sandals and turning to survey the room. Then she came to a stop, not so different from a cat which has quite unexpectedly spotted another.

Her thoughts went from a faint buzz of excitement to a sudden scramble of confused rationalization. What was Han Hei doing here? No, it was Shiba-sama, wasn't it? Oh no, was she being rude? Why was Shiba-sama here? Did Yukara interrupt something? What would she be interrupting, if Norikage had been flirting with her? Why was Shiba-sama here?! Was Yukara overthinking things? Why. Was. Shiba. Sama. Here.

After a moment, she smoothed her expression and offered, "Good evening, Shiba-sama. I was... surprised. I did not realize I was... interrupting something?"

She certainly didn't sound suspicious at all... definitely...

Her cheeks glowed a little red as she realized that for some reason or another she had just put herself in an awkward situation, even if she wasn't entirely sure what that situation was.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori stood and walked towards the entrance of the house and gave a polite nod of her head.

“No… Not at all. This is just where we’ve been staying since we got here.” She said with a tired smile.

“It’s nice to see you again Ryoshun-san. I heard about your bravery a couple days ago… I know the people are most grateful for you.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"We?"

Yukara glanced at the two, and furrowed her brow, and then paled faintly, as if realizing something. Whatever conclusion she had drawn, it seemed to embarrass her, and after a moment, she just ducked her head, answering, "I only did what was needed. I had hunted the beast for years... I am relieved it can do no more harm."

Gazing at the sandal rack, as if it might save her from her own misunderstandings, she added, "I apologize for any rudeness in our last conversation. I did not know you were... you."

Bayushi Norikage

Norikage reached for the small bag Yukara carried, to take the load off her. "Neither did I." He chuckled.

"Have a seat. We were just having a drink and discussing what had been happening today."

Norikage made sure she was settled before setting her things down next to her, on the side she could easily reach, then took a seat again himself. Perhaps by accident, he sat down fairly equal distant of them, on a corner of the table. He poured a drink for the Bat samurai.

"Thank you for stopping by", he said. "I know we hadn't worked out exactly when it would be. I've been to tired to keep things straight lately, so it's good you decided to move on your own."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ye... yes."

Yukara took a deep breath to steady herself, her plans for the evening now in tatters and the path forward now shrouded in mystery.

"I heard a little of events, but it is difficult to parse rumor from reality. I was worried you would not sleep again, however, so I thought I would do what I could to help."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori smiled and found a seat herself.

“That was the point of the mask.” She said with a smile to both of them. “Wouldn’t be a secret identity if you went around telling everyone about it.”

She then gestured to Norikage, “Bayushi-san and I have been traveling companions for a few weeks on the road getting here. Figured it would be better to have a roof to sleep under and so we’ve been doing chores and helping out with our hosts here.”

She then picked up her sake cup, but remembering the sting from last time did not raise it to her lips.

“You had talked about chasing down something when we first met… So the wolf you fought was that creature?”

Bayushi Norikage

Yes, we could have been freezing our asses off as well as suffering from mild insanity from nightmares. Go me.

He didn't know exactly what was being talked about, but he did recall Yukara mentioning it before. If she felt like sharing more he'd listen.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara nodded, allowing herself to be distracted from her awkward feelings for a moment, though she did notice Kumori refraining from drinking, and glanced at the cups curiously.

Her comment about them being together for a few weeks got an internal note, mixed with churning mixtures of dismay and confusion.

"It was the same creature, yes. She was once a human woman, before she fell victim to the madness. She was no kinder in her mortal guise, but certainly less dangerous, being merely a bandit, leader of a pack of unruly thieves and cutthroats."

Yukara turned over the fight in her mind, debating how much to say on the subject, finally offering, "She is gone now - I was ready to die if needed to stop her reign of terror, so I suppose I should count myself lucky that I did not."

Bayushi Norikage

"We should all count ourselves lucky you didn't", Norikage said with a nod. He picked up his drink and took a sip. "I'm glad you two have met, as it helps me avoid the etiquette of introductions. Though having the three of us here right now, I see myself as the lucky one. I think you two are about the only friends I've made in this place."

He scowled slightly. "Whatever this place is, really." He looked back to Kumori. "Do you mind continuing what you were saying before, about the Chouri-san?"