Ryoshun Yukara

Re: Drop Dead (D1, MA Open)

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"We are not so different then, it would seem." Yukara didn't sound particularly happy about that. "I had hoped you would have a better path than mine - but it sounds as though we are all still searching for that better path."

Tucking away her beads again, she straightened. "Do you intend to be one of the warriors for this showdown then? The 'truth' which will be revealed?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“The ‘Clan’ rule thing says I can’t… But I’ve never been good at being told what to do.” She replied.

“I’m not looking for a better path… This is mine and I’m happy with it… I’m gonna keep flowing along until my river runs dry.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah. Rivers. Did you know apparently people travel on them? Such recklessness..."

Yukara nodded, looking uncomfortable, and then pivoted. "Yet if you choose it, I suppose that makes as much sense as any path - especially in this era. We live in interesting times, miss Fox. I am not so sure I put great faith in 'rules' in an age of madness."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“At least not stupid rules.” Han-Hei says with a nod.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Hmm."

She pondered that statement.

"How one determines which are the stupid ones... that is the trick."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Easy.” She replied.

“The ones you don’t like.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara opened her mouth to resond, and then shut it again.

After a protracted moment, she just shrugged.

"That is one approach. A very confident one, I think."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You prefer a more doubtful approach?” She asked.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"There are those who would advise caution."

Yukara pivoted her weight from side to side, continuing, "Then there are those who advise action. It is not like the world pivots around a single path. What is reasonable for me may be madness for you, and the reverse as well. Such is mortal life."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“What better judge is there other than yourself?” She asked.

“That Rock-Sensei of yours once told my mom something like that… He said something like… ‘Every day of his life a man has only one judge, and that judge is himself.’ We set our own standards and we follow through... or we don’t.”

She shrugged, “You don’t trust yourself to determine your own path?”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara considered that. "I ultimately have to - that does not mean that what wisdom others have suffered to gain need be gained by me in the same fashion."

As if realizing how awkward that sounded, she added, "If someone else falls of a cliff, I need not fall of it too, to find out if it hurts."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Maybe some people do… And even if not, somebody had to fall off so that you’d know not to.” She replied.

“Self-doubt doesn’t really get you anywhere.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara studied the fox mask. The philosophy and mask certainly aligned.

After a pause, she inquired, "Do you not doubt, then? You are sure that you have chosen the best course? Always?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I don’t tend to doubt myself… No.” She replied.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara let slip a small sigh. "I suppose I envy you."

Turning over her prayer beads in her free hand, she gazed at the wooden orbs, interspersed with jade. Roughly made, but still...

Moving them along the string, she could get a reassuring click from each, sliding them to touch, one after another, bridging that small gap created by her fingers.

"I have plenty of questions about my path. I cannot change it, yet I still find myself returning to past steps, wondering if I erred. If by continuing on that path, I err further."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Sounds like a headache.” She replied.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

That brought a chuckle.

"You are right. I would stop if I had the sense to."

Clacking the beads together, inquired, "Do you still have a family, miss Fox? Do they share your confidence?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I do have a family.” She nodded.

“They’re a varied bunch. Each confident in their own way… Supportive parents…” She paused.

“There’s no perfect home, though. There’s ups and downs. Give and take.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I guess I do not know what a Fox family would be like. It sounds nice."

Yukara had a slightly distant smile. "Still, I suppose you had your reasons to leave it and come here. It is brave to come to a place like this when you still have something to lose."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“When you really care about the things you could lose… You’re willing to do almost anything for them.” She replied.

“They become the reason to be brave instead of the reason to fear.”