Jiyo Sora

Re: Another Thrilling Morning [Day 4, Early Morning, Open]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"These people have only been here five years, but the places, the buildings... a lot of it is much older."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"What? That's not right. I spent a trip bringing them more building supplies. Mind, the estate last night seemed a bit larger than I remember..."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You sure it’s this village you came to?” She asked.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"I followed the same route I did four years ago. I think. Mind, the wheels breaking in the forest, I suppose I might have veered to the side. But, I don't think so."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora arched an eyebrow.

"Might want to stroll into town, see if anyone remembers you."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei's brow furls a bit. He thinks back. "I thought the servants looked familiar, but at the same time, none of them gave any indication of recognition last night. So, if this is not the village I remember, what is it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Home until Shinsei's latest master plan has played out..."

Sora chuckled.

"And this time, I'm not getting picked. Lucky me!"

Carries:

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"The crow is here?! Oh, by the muddy sides of the mountains...This is it, isn't it? But, if so, why are you and I here? Neither of us is exactly going to be of massive use in a big conflict, are we?"

Ryoshun Huan

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

Huan speaks up, "If it's not what you remember, If it's younger than what it appears to be, if all of our dreams are being impacted by whatever is happening..."

He looks at his hand.

"Are we not awake? Are we asleep and being lied to by the dream?"
Bat * Soul of Taochusu * Ishiken * Destined to Die * Haunted by the Chusu Tribe
Honor: 3.5 | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 3.0
On person: Robes, daisho, astrological compass, fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Nah, if this were a dream my wife and kids would be here..."

Carries:

Ryoshun Huan

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

"A nightmare is a bad dream," Huan points out. "If the barrier between the realm of dreams and the mortal realm is gone in this place we may be battling to keep ourselves firmly within the realm of mortals."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I’m sorry to be like the dolt here… but what exactly does that mean for us? I’m acting like this is reality until something shows me that I shouldn’t be.” She asked with a bit of confusion.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Huan

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

"My point is that I've been thinking that this might be both reality and a dream. I'm capable of strengthening and weakening the void in an area, creating places where the substance of the void is stronger or weaker. So... would it be impossible for a supernatural entity connected to jigoku, yume-do or both to do so for those realms? You would all literally be able to feel it if I modified the area, and I would be able to describe the sensations in a general sense. But for everyone who isn't tied to the void they wouldn't necessarily understand why or how they felt it. So I wonder, are the difficulties and issues surrounding sleep and dreams a similar effect from a different source? I'm just trying to work through what may be the case based on understanding some strange magics I know I am capable of," he explains, not focusing on anyone in particular, basically thinking out loud.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I mean, we know portals to Spirit Realms are a reality, so thin spaces where a portal might be trying to form are hardly beyond the pale."

Carries:

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"I . . . could try asking the earth spirits? They aren't usually well aware at this time, but the effort is worth it, isn't it?"

Ryoshun Huan

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

"Do you use prayer scrolls? The one thing I can use elemental magic with is to speak with the kami. Can't actually have the do anything for me other than chat though. If you don't use the new prayer casting I can assist you with casting to see if we can get a stronger response? You'd be the more capable with that though and I would just provide support," he offers to Kyosei.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Ah, actually, I was involved in figuring out how to use the prayer scrolls. Partly because I have always, since my power was discovered, able to contact the earth spirits without having to use my blood. I can still do so, of course, but I don't have to. It just looks odd, and can be tiring." Looking around, he realizes he probably looks the most awake of any of the group.

Ryoshun Huan

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to try I suppose," Huan says to the collection of imperials.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Making sure no one was going to interject, Kyosei knelt on the ground. He took a deep breath, then closed his eyes and extended his hands to the ground. Oddly, his hands seemed to merge with the mud making up the earth. He takes a deep breath, then a strange rumbling sound came out of his throat.

~Greetings honored Earth Spirit. Which Realm is this village on?~

Canary

Post by Canary »

... Ningen-do... It grumbled with the voice of a boulder rolling down a hill.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."