Sugri

Re: The Prey Prays (D4, LM)

Post by Sugri »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:32 am
On the blade of semantics, the world turned. "The stakes remain just as high as before this time. I am afraid that this may have just gotten that much harder. I can only imagine how hard fighting him, even with internal struggles, would have been. I have seen him fight." Many times. She knew all too well.
"I hold no false bravado - it was almost in his favor even with four against one. But on such anvils are heroes, and hopefully destiny, forged."
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"Well," she finally said with a sad, shaking laugh. "If you ever wanted a hammer to pound the steel of your body into proper shape, he would do that very effectively. I know that far too well." She shook her head, looking like she might just charge into the darkness, heedless. her lips were set in a frown.

"...remind me that it is a bad idea to charge in there alone." She needed the reminder.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:09 pm
"Well," she finally said with a sad, shaking laugh. "If you ever wanted a hammer to pound the steel of your body into proper shape, he would do that very effectively. I know that far too well." She shook her head, looking like she might just charge into the darkness, heedless. her lips were set in a frown.

"...remind me that it is a bad idea to charge in there alone." She needed the reminder.
"You would not be alone... but it is still a very bad idea. I suspect two of us alone will not be enough against whatever force wards this area let alone what lies within."

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"We would die. Or worse. It is unavoidable. Alone, there is nothing that we could do other than become a threat. I know it, but I am having to fight the wish to enter the darkness, to bash that fool's head in with his own boulder." She grunted. She couldn't even lift that thing, but she wanted to do it. "I really want to beat some sense into him right now, and I'm afraid we're very far past that point. But as long as he's fighting... there's some hope."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:45 pm
"We would die. Or worse. It is unavoidable. Alone, there is nothing that we could do other than become a threat. I know it, but I am having to fight the wish to enter the darkness, to bash that fool's head in with his own boulder." She grunted. She couldn't even lift that thing, but she wanted to do it. "I really want to beat some sense into him right now, and I'm afraid we're very far past that point. But as long as he's fighting... there's some hope."
Definitely an... interesting... relationship.

"There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. It's natural given all of this. As long as you are still in control enough to know not to act on it then that is what matters."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:33 pm
-snip-
"Don't rule it out," she said with a small, dark laugh. "He would never expect someone to hit him with the rock. He's been hauling it around for years. Nobody can lift that thing. But... I... will remain calm. I won't do something foolish. It would make things much worse."

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:39 pm
"Don't rule it out," she said with a small, dark laugh. "He would never expect someone to hit him with the rock. He's been hauling it around for years. Nobody can lift that thing. But... I... will remain calm. I won't do something foolish. It would make things much worse."
He nods, "Then you've learned from the right examples presented as opposed to the flawed, if surely well-intentioned, ones."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"I certainly hope that the lessons I took from him are the good ones." She at least had picked up how not to be overtly and completely self-destructive since her time in the South. She dragged her fingers through her hair and grunted. "We should pull back from here. The temptation is not going to get any better, and if it were coming from this place now? It would be here already."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

It had taken Kenji some time to arrive here, but arrive he did his eyes scanning the ground in front of him for further clues. Unfortunately, such things were likely far beyond him, given the poor weather of the day.

Still, he looked; one never knew what they could find if they took the time.

Hunting for the Donkey aka Shinsei. Day 4 LM at the Shrine. He apparently went this way do i find anything. Void. 1k1 | 6k4 ⇒ 23
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:55 am
"I certainly hope that the lessons I took from him are the good ones." She at least had picked up how not to be overtly and completely self-destructive since her time in the South. She dragged her fingers through her hair and grunted. "We should pull back from here. The temptation is not going to get any better, and if it were coming from this place now? It would be here already."
Sugri nods, "It does seem that, if this is where it holed up, that it is remaining within to recuperate."