Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:06 am
Are the stables for the village at the Headwoman's House area?
She has four stable stalls, and for anything else, the farmers are allowing people to use their barns.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Kai

Post by Kai »

*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

I assume the arrows that hit Shinsei are non-recoverable. Is the one that missed able to be recovered?
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Otaku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:20 pm
Question raised by Tae-soo that I was also wondering about, as the *second* investigative party heads toward the Dreamstone cave:
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:15 pm
(OOC: Ugh, shifty connection, had written that a while ago! Tae could do a quick check of the unseasonal flowers I guess. He'd also look for any sign of streams or anything of the kind as we get near the cave - have you folks seen I'd there's a connection to the river or anything of the kind in previous trips?)
Does the cavern visibly connect to any streams/surface bodies of water in the direction from which we're entering it?

Or do we have to search further to discover whether/where its underground reservoir connects to any of the water above ground?
Bumping this in case it was missed (unless Tae-soo got an answer separately?). :oops:
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Testing the dreamstone in the walls of the cave for corruption by flaking it, making a slurry and poking jade into it.

Lore: corruption or Nature or Spirit Realms

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 867#p12867
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

What would be the TN to track Hoto-Hori and Ukyo?

Would it be possible to ask the kami to reveal their tracks, similar to this?
Whispers of the Land
Ring/Mastery: Earth 2
Range: Centered on Caster
Area of Effect: 50’ radius
Duration: 10 minutes
Raises: Area of Effect (+50’ radius per Raise), Duration (+5 minutes per Raise), Special (+1 day of tracks per two Raises)
This spell was originally developed by the Kitsune family of the Fox Clan, who used it to help track intruders in the lands of their modest clan. It has since spread to other families who find its properties useful, such as the Yogo and the Kuni. The spell causes the Earth spirits to reveal the tracks of any person who has walked upon them within the last three
days. The surface – whether it be stone, earth, or wood – literally pushes up in the shape of the tracks, creating a clear and easily-followed path.
(Note that, unlike revelatory Air spells such as By the Light of the Moon, this spell does not merely reveal actively concealed tracks but also normal unconcealed tracks that are too faint or old to normally be seen. For example, By the Light of the Moon would not reveal the barefoot tracks of a servant who walked across the floor of a dojo, but Whispers of the Land will do so.)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

What roll would sniffing the scroll Naraku has for its writer's scent + searching for anything they've touched be, and, would Nezumi Scent still count for it if it's not a hunting roll? Chuchu wants to sniff around the cave and later the town.
Last edited by Chuchu on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Also, at what point does the moon rise (and some of us have to make certain rolls)? :D
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

A moment of your time, please!
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

And while I'm trying to get my brain to shift from wiped out at work mode into IC posting mode...

How many tents *can* we reasonably cover in the 30' diameter circle of a Ward of Purity? Currently sitting in a roughly 30x40 room and mentally hacking 10 feet off a side and thinking 4-5 of even the standard '6 person*' tents we tended to have out at faire would fit pretty easily. And most folks here likely have something smaller since they were carrying everything as they walked here.

*6 if you're just laying out folks to sleep all crammed next to each other, more like 2-3 comfortably with room for all the gear to be stored alongside sleeping space.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Also on the cave expedition - if we do want to make one or a few more torches or light sources. I'm thinking maybe Hunting rolls for that? Or would something different be more fitting?

And if necessary (given rain and dampness) I'm assuming summoning fire might help?
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Sugri wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:12 pm
I assume the arrows that hit Shinsei are non-recoverable. Is the one that missed able to be recovered?
The one that missed can be recovered.
Otaku wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:23 pm
Otaku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:20 pm
Question raised by Tae-soo that I was also wondering about, as the *second* investigative party heads toward the Dreamstone cave:
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:15 pm
(OOC: Ugh, shifty connection, had written that a while ago! Tae could do a quick check of the unseasonal flowers I guess. He'd also look for any sign of streams or anything of the kind as we get near the cave - have you folks seen I'd there's a connection to the river or anything of the kind in previous trips?)
Does the cavern visibly connect to any streams/surface bodies of water in the direction from which we're entering it?

Or do we have to search further to discover whether/where its underground reservoir connects to any of the water above ground?
Bumping this in case it was missed (unless Tae-soo got an answer separately?). :oops:
Tae-soo got an answer. The creek emerges from a spring on the hill to give more detail. It's definitely fed by the lake.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:47 pm
What would be the TN to track Hoto-Hori and Ukyo?

Would it be possible to ask the kami to reveal their tracks, similar to this?
Whispers of the Land
Ring/Mastery: Earth 2
Range: Centered on Caster
Area of Effect: 50’ radius
Duration: 10 minutes
Raises: Area of Effect (+50’ radius per Raise), Duration (+5 minutes per Raise), Special (+1 day of tracks per two Raises)
This spell was originally developed by the Kitsune family of the Fox Clan, who used it to help track intruders in the lands of their modest clan. It has since spread to other families who find its properties useful, such as the Yogo and the Kuni. The spell causes the Earth spirits to reveal the tracks of any person who has walked upon them within the last three
days. The surface – whether it be stone, earth, or wood – literally pushes up in the shape of the tracks, creating a clear and easily-followed path.
(Note that, unlike revelatory Air spells such as By the Light of the Moon, this spell does not merely reveal actively concealed tracks but also normal unconcealed tracks that are too faint or old to normally be seen. For example, By the Light of the Moon would not reveal the barefoot tracks of a servant who walked across the floor of a dojo, but Whispers of the Land will do so.)
this is a reasonable spell to exist at this time.
Chuchu wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:35 am
What roll would sniffing the scroll Naraku has for its writer's scent + searching for anything they've touched be, and, would Nezumi Scent still count for it if it's not a hunting roll? Chuchu wants to sniff around the cave and later the town.
It would be a Hunting (Tracking)/Perception roll. Tn 20 for Chuchu, since she has a very sensitive sniff-snoofer.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:53 am
And while I'm trying to get my brain to shift from wiped out at work mode into IC posting mode...

How many tents *can* we reasonably cover in the 30' diameter circle of a Ward of Purity? Currently sitting in a roughly 30x40 room and mentally hacking 10 feet off a side and thinking 4-5 of even the standard '6 person*' tents we tended to have out at faire would fit pretty easily. And most folks here likely have something smaller since they were carrying everything as they walked here.

*6 if you're just laying out folks to sleep all crammed next to each other, more like 2-3 comfortably with room for all the gear to be stored alongside sleeping space.
6 tents if they're squished close together, 3-4 if they're reasonably spaced.
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:58 pm
Also on the cave expedition - if we do want to make one or a few more torches or light sources. I'm thinking maybe Hunting rolls for that? Or would something different be more fitting?

And if necessary (given rain and dampness) I'm assuming summoning fire might help?
Yeah, I think Survival is a hunting emphasis. It'd be that and Perception to find materials, TN 20.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Is there any chance Ohta can poke around the garden? See what plants and herbs are there, maybe get an idea of any local herbs or flowers that might have special properties or such?
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game
Source

What happens if character already has said curse?

EDIT: Also, Lucid Dreaming isn't listed in the Advantage List?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Regarding the event's third part, would Poison be able to be used? It is a defining trait of Naraku and his creation was a poison to destroy the tainted
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:03 pm
Is there any chance Ohta can poke around the garden? See what plants and herbs are there, maybe get an idea of any local herbs or flowers that might have special properties or such?
Sure.
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:21 pm
will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game
Source

What happens if character already has said curse?

EDIT: Also, Lucid Dreaming isn't listed in the Advantage List?
It will be detailed soon. If they already have said curse, the curse gets worse. I'll detail that in a bit as well.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:28 pm
Regarding the event's third part, would Poison be able to be used? It is a defining trait of Naraku and his creation was a poison to destroy the tainted
As long as you can make it make sense in the context of the dream, sure.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

I'm guessing using social skills to impose will on the dream probably doesn't count as resisting a contested social skill/technique? Or a Fear effect?

(Pretty sure it's a no but you can't get what you don't ask for)
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099