Otomo Akutou

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Otomo Akutou »

If Depp shows up, I'm out.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Rokugan Woodstock gonna be lit.

Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Makime

Post by Makime »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:07 pm
Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:06 pm
I'd be more worried about the dreamstone mine. Does dreamstone reach criticality? Can it set off a dream 'splosion?
So we detonate the poison bombs in patchouli central, right next to the river of shroom-juice over the cavern of crystallized LSD...

Alice and Wonderland ain't shit.
One stone makes you larger,
and one stone makes you small,
and the ones that Shinsei gives you
don't do anything at all.
Go ask Nao,
when she's ten feet tall.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:09 pm
Go ask Nao,
When the dead in the graveyard
Get up and tell you they wanna go
And you've just had some kinda gyoza,
And your mind is movin' onnnnnnnn....
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

There're reasons I'm not a Victorianist.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Makime wrote:
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:07 pm
Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:06 pm
I'd be more worried about the dreamstone mine. Does dreamstone reach criticality? Can it set off a dream 'splosion?
So we detonate the poison bombs in patchouli central, right next to the river of shroom-juice over the cavern of crystallized LSD...

Alice and Wonderland ain't shit.
Go ask Nao,
I am stealing this.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:10 pm
Makime wrote:
Go ask Nao,
When the dead in the graveyard
Get up and tell you they wanna go
And you've just had some kinda gyoza,
And your mind is movin' onnnnnnnn....
And this.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Errrr, do we know, IC or OOC, if this healing ritual that's going on is safe? Non-corrupty?
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Makime

Post by Makime »

And if you go chasing cultists
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a pipe smoking herbalist
has given you the call
Go ask Nao
When she was just small
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 pm
Errrr, do we know, IC or OOC, if this healing ritual that's going on is safe? Non-corrupty?
Worst case, you'll grow something like an obsidian hand. Didn't prevent Hitomi from being an efficient Thunder.

Let's just not delve on what she did just after killing a god.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
I think the general consensus is that we should not do it because probably corrupted but also we shouldn't interfere because they have numbers.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
OOC, it's actually probably safe. Possibly temporary, that's my theory, but safe and it's not like any of these characters are getting reprised anyway.

IC, we know that Chouri's been in league with the Harbinger for years and had a change of heart your character may or may not believe yesterday.

Now, Sora has noted IC that the villagers seem to be surprised by something being different from usual, so that's something to place trust in if you want to have your character notice the same and take a chance.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
As a spiritual advisor here, Satsuki would recommend against participating, but people are free to do what they want.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

My advice come to get healed or protect the people

Don't if your are just gonna give everyone the stink eye
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru is definitely 100% not going to take part. I was asking because, if we do suspect this is tainted, it seems like the villagers should be warned.

It just seems super duper sketchy, especially knowing that Chouri has been in league with Harbinger.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

I am just not going to attend because uhh... if she knew, knew... she has reasons to make this a very awkward time.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
If I show up it would be to observe. But really I would rather send a shuggie to watch it and report back on if it's bad or not.

Makime doesn't have any physical disads anyway only Overconfident.

Ayano, after all this, with her chronic asthma and weak constitution would probably still be like 'umm I pass, thanks'

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:30 pm
Makime doesn't have any physical disads anyway
Think there's a lot of that going around with the dedicated bushi builds...

Carries:

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Makime wrote:

Ayano, after all this, with her chronic asthma and weak constitution would probably still be like 'umm I pass, thanks'
The "Thanks." part is important here. Even when dealing with Jigoku, you should always be polite. Courtesy and all.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Sensibly enough, I think.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:33 pm
Makime wrote:

The "Thanks." part is important here. Even when dealing with Jigoku, you should always be polite. Courtesy and all.
Ayano has much higher AWA then momma. Probably would up it to 4 depending on her XPs. Twice as friendly as momma.

Twice as politically cunning too. :twisted: