Shiba Kumori

Slow but Steady (D2, EE Open)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

The cries from the village guard drew the attention of everyone around. Han-Hei had been eating dinner with Yoshie when the shouts started.

She quickly looked at the older woman and then excused herself as she ran out to follow the guards. Listening to the instructions from Aoyama, Han-Hei began working to guide the stampede away from the village.

As she yelled alongside the crew and drove the animals away she caught the glimpse of a family caught out in the wild rush of frightened animals.

Without a moment of thought she dove into the stream of violent thunderous fauna and pushed her way towards the small family.

She blasted into the side of a large deer right before it was about to step on a small child… changing its course ever so slightly.

She drew her blade and screamed as loud as she could, swinging it threateningly at the animals that drew close…

A stone parting a mighty river… diverting it away from the helpless.

Eventually the stream slowed to a trickle… but the stone remained standing in the field…

————

D2 EE, Fluff Athletics Roll to Help some People, Daredevil, VP | 8k4 ⇒ 28

(Open to anyone who wants to come out and fluff something or talk)
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Re: Slow but Steady (D2, EE Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora »

That damn kid.

Sora's heart swelled to near-bursting with pride.

He'd used his naginata to give some of the onrushing animals something to think about, and they'd thought better of impaling themselves on the long pointy stick.

Not for the first time, he was glad the naginata had been invented, his old dagger-axe would have been a bit less.... persuasive.

He made his way toward that damn kid, his expression a mixture of weariness, worry, and pride that came out looking rather stonefacedly neutral.

Fluffy Polearms/Agility Roll, no TN, so Fatigue be damned! | 7k4 ⇒ 35
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

In the distance, a Crab warrior was checking the outlying farm houses, looking for other villagers who might have been caught outside the village by the onslaught of corrupted animals. Her face was grim as she searched.

"Has anyone seen Shizuku?" Ayako asked one group of survivors, before directing the refugees towards the town. The young Crab remembered that Shizuku had said she lived at one of these farms....
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:37 pm
In the distance, a Crab warrior was checking the outlying farm houses, looking for other villagers who might have been caught outside the village by the onslaught of corrupted animals. Her face was grim as she searched.

"Has anyone seen Shizuku?" Ayako asked one group of survivors, before directing the refugees towards the town. The young Crab remembered that Shizuku had said she lived at one of these farms....
In one of the farmhouses on fire, she can hear a beam crack and then fall, and a feminine cry.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm
snip
The family she diverted the wild animals from is nearly in tears. "Thank you, samurai-sama...! thank you so much..." The parents of the family are holding three children of different ages close.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Canary wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:58 pm
Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:37 pm
In one of the farmhouses on fire, she can hear a beam crack and then fall, and a feminine cry.
Rushing into the burning farmhouse, Ayako covered her mouth and nose against the smoke as she looked to find the person who had cried out.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Canary wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:00 pm

The family she diverted the wild animals from is nearly in tears. "Thank you, samurai-sama...! thank you so much..." The parents of the family are holding three children of different ages close.
She turned towards them as soon as it was safe.

“You are more than welcome.” She replied as she helped the mother stand.

“You should head into the village to be safe.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:09 pm
Rushing into the burning farmhouse, Ayako covered her mouth and nose against the smoke as she looked to find the person who had cried out.
Inside, it's really impossible to see. Billowing smoke filled the room, clinging to the ceiling as it rises. She can see the bright red-orange glow of flames ahead, and a voice whimpering and coughing, sounding like whoever is deeper inside is struggling with something.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Han-Hei wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:19 pm
She turned towards them as soon as it was safe.

“You are more than welcome.” She replied as she helped the mother stand.

“You should head into the village to be safe.”
"Oh. Yes, of course!" With that, the villagers hurry toward town, the children in tow.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Canary wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:23 pm
Inside, it's really impossible to see. Billowing smoke filled the room, clinging to the ceiling as it rises. She can see the bright red-orange glow of flames ahead, and a voice whimpering and coughing, sounding like whoever is deeper inside is struggling with something.
Ayako coughed from the smoke. "I'm here to help!" she called, as she pressed into the house, ducking her head to avoid the worst of the smoke. "*koff* We've got to get you out of here!"

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:56 pm
Ayako coughed from the smoke. "I'm here to help!" she called, as she pressed into the house, ducking her head to avoid the worst of the smoke. "*koff* We've got to get you out of here!"
A spate of coughing sounded from behind a beam that had partially fallen to the floor, the other side propped up by the wall... for now. Shizuku's voice followed, "Y-Yoshitsune-sama? You have to get out of here! It's collapsing, and," her voice was broken up briefly by coughing, "I can't walk... I think my ankle broke when the beam fell on it."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Canary wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:03 pm
A spate of coughing sounded from behind a beam that had partially fallen to the floor, the other side propped up by the wall... for now. Shizuku's voice followed, "Y-Yoshitsune-sama? You have to get out of here! It's collapsing, and," her voice was broken up briefly by coughing, "I can't walk... I think my ankle broke when the beam fell on it."
"Let me help you," Ayako said, sounding determined. Moving forward, the Crab warrior attempted to free Shizuku from the fallen beam and pull her out.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Seeing a fire a short distance off, Kumori gave a quick glance and started running towards the building Ayako was currently located in.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:05 pm
"Let me help you," Ayako said, sounding determined. Moving forward, the Crab warrior attempted to free Shizuku from the fallen beam and pull her out.
"Be careful!" She urged, not exactly in a position to stop Ayako from trying. The beam is on fire on top, making it difficult.
Han-Hei wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:17 pm
Seeing a fire a short distance off, Kumori gave a quick glance and started running towards the building Ayako was currently located in.
Kumori arrives quickly to find Ayako working on freeing a young woman from a fallen beam.

[TN 20 Athletics/Strength check. Either Kumori or Ayako can take the lead or assist]

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei quickly assessed the situation and looked for the best place to lift the beam in front of her.

“Lift her up as I get the pressure off the leg.”

The flames licked voraciously in the direction of Han-Hei… She knew of its thirst for her… but there was someone in dire need. The burns were sure to be easier to bear than the feeling of failure.

“Ready?” She asked as she stepped to grab the burning beam and lifted.

————

D2 EE Saving Someone, Athletics/Strength, VP | 8k4 ⇒ 38 (TN: 20)

Yoshitsune Ayako

Canary wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:29 pm
Kumori arrives quickly to find Ayako working on freeing a young woman from a fallen beam.

[TN 20 Athletics/Strength check. Either Kumori or Ayako can take the lead or assist]
Han-Hei wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:38 pm
“Lift her up as I get the pressure off the leg.”

The flames licked voraciously in the direction of Han-Hei… She knew of its thirst for her… but there was someone in dire need. The burns were sure to be easier to bear than the feeling of failure.

“Ready?” She asked as she stepped to grab the burning beam and lifted.
"Ready!" Ayako said, and helped to pull Shizuku free once Han-hei lifted the wooden beam. The Crab let the village woman lean on her as they turned towards the exit.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora had trotted along behind Kumori.

THAT DAMN KID.

I want to hug her.

Maybe when she's out of the burning building.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Her foot is revealed to be more than broken once the beam lifts - it's twisted and bits of wood have anchored themselves in her flesh. Still, she leans on Ayako like a makeshift crutch, doing her best to hurry out with the intense amount of pain she must be in. Fortunately, there's enough time for all three women to get out before there's a cracking from the roof and the wall collapses, taking some of the roof with it in an exhalation of smoke, heat, and sparks.

Shizuku looked at both Ayako and Han-Hei with tears in her eyes. "Y-you saved me...! Thank you...!"

Yoshitsune Ayako

"Thank you for your assistance, Han-hei," Ayako said, making an awkward half-bow while supporting Shizuku. "You were just in time."

"Let's get you to the healer's house," she said to Shizuku. "Lean on me as much as you need."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei could still feel the sting of the flames on the side of her face. The side closest to the beam still appeared red… and not dissimilar to her mother’s scarring.

She nodded to the Crab and the woman whose leg was in poor shape.

“To the priests as fast as you can.”