Nanzi Ai

Diary of a Master Swordswoman

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Diary of the Magnificent Swordsmaster

I found my old journal, or what passed for it, it was mostly sketches and doodles and what could pass for art… I am sure I thought it was great when I did it all those years ago. I am going to transcribe the earliest entry I found with notes, because it’s amusing, at least to me.

Year 17, Spring

Note: My handwriting was awful so this took awhile to properly get down, but I think I got the gist of it, though I am still unsure what this noodle incident is referring to, or what a mudder is; no idea.

Mom is boring, she wants me to make stupid letters, I want to play with mudders (sp?), but no she says write. Dear mom, you are boring. I tried to put a fish in sister’s tea but she caught me, the fish needed a drink. She whined to mom. Mom gave me that look, again.

I did letters, it was boring so I tricked the maid and went to go see the bushi, dad is fun he let me shoot a target! Mom was not happy, she smiled but not happy. I laughed. She is not happy about the noodles, but it was funny.

Words are stupid, rather fight. I want to be a bear when I grow up.
Ai-Child.jpg
Ai-Child.jpg (77.65 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Year 23, Winter

Note: This was easier to transcribe, and understand.

Mother said my poetry was, what was the word, satisfactory, and then added she had few words to convey her surprise at my subject matter. Well mother, I think discussing the creatures from hell that tried to eat Uncle Hisomu is a proper subject matter. Uncle Bayushi liked it, and he’s cool.

Father gave me great praise though, he even had me sit at his side during their meeting. I didn’t really understand all the strategy talk and stuff, but it was neat. Don’t tell Uncle Hantei though, but I think I like Uncle Bayushi more. He's fun and always plays little games around the castle. Hiding treats in the most interesting places.

Tonight was great, Father gave me a new training sword because I finally beat Dojihime in a duel, smacked her real good. Mother was upset with me, but she had it coming. SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID.
Doji-Mother.jpg
Doji-Mother.jpg (70.54 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Year 26, Spring

Dojihime has given me leave to lead the internal purges, while Ananzihime would prefer a soft approach, I see no point in granting mercy to traitors. Father has been useful in these purges, his failure with Hadananzi has wracked him with much guilt, though he will not admit it. Still it’s telling that my honored sister has sidelined him and given me leave to handle these delicate matters. Mother is strong, stronger than I gave her credit for when I was younger.

When I was given this appointment, I had a long chat with Dojihime and the Spider priests, I made it clear that I would be thorough in my purges and there would be blood. No quarter would be given, and those that joined me would need to have similar resolve.

Six months now and many traitors have been put down, names stricken from litanies; but when it is all said and done, the clan will be pure once more.

Year 29, Fall

This is my first entry after returning from my wanderings. As the need for a systematic purge was waning, I needed to see the rest of the Empire, to know its people and the lands of our great Emperor. I had taken the name Chinatsu, and traveled under no colors. Father was reluctant to see me go but understood the purpose.

I visited honored Uncle Bayushi, spent time wandering his lands before I departed and found myself going where the waves and winds wanted me to be. It was a strange set of affairs to have no master but myself, and a humbling one. The first night spent in a ditch or under a tree was magical, the tenth time less so.

I followed rumors of demon sightings, lent my blade and skill to hunting bandits and more common evils of our fellow man. I even helped to sow a field, and I have come to the conclusion that I would be a poor farmer. The many peoples of the realm deserve our protection, the war to maintain the cycle is just; the time of Thunders is coming.

Father would chastise me, but I aim to follow this Shinsei, the charlatan to Destiny’s end. But before I take my leave I will spend what time I have left in the company of my nephew, Hajime. Precious and kind, he’s good company and I've given him the training sword that father once gave me. I promised I would show him how to use it.

Not sure what my sister wishes for his future, but he should know how to defend himself. He is the future heir to our family, assuming we survive this coming moment of destiny, this day of Thunder.
Hajime-Nanzi.jpg
Hajime-Nanzi.jpg (88.12 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Re: Diary of a Master Swordswoman

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi-Throne.jpg
Nanzi-Throne.jpg (91.02 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Bonus Nanzi picture that did not fit.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings