Canary

Daimyo Report [D8, afternoon, closed]

Post by Canary »

Shiba awaited the attention of the ranking daimyo present.

[People can come in one at a time or all at once as you wish]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Matsu

Re: Daimyo Report [D8, afternoon, closed]

Post by Matsu »

She still hadn't slept. The adrenaline of the night prior, still flushed through her system. She hadn't even bothered changing her clothes. The signs of battle still showed on her clothes and features.

Bowing deeply as she entered the tent.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime was composed as she entered the presence of Emperor. She had taken the time for some measure of personal grooming. But no amount of cleaning that could be done in hours was going to wipe the stains from her armor. Or the exhaustion from her features.

She stepped up beside Matsu and likewise bowed deeply.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Otaku is tidy but bruised and exhausted-looking. Somebody in the past day must have found her a walking stick, which she leans on to keep some weight off her wrenched knee. This hampers her somewhat in bowing, but the degree and reverence of the gesture are still no less than they should be.

“My Emperor.” Her voice is very quiet but steady.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba rose - also carefully - and bowed to them. "Good afternoon, all of you. Please, have a seat."

He settled down, and folded his hands in his lap. He was also cleaned up, dressed properly, if relatively simply for what one might expect for Imperial clothing, and prepared for important guests. "The Champion of Jigoku was defeated, in part due to the efforts of all of you. You have my deepest gratitude." He rose and bowed deeply to them. "The Empire owes all of those who faced this evil a great debt, whether faced directly or during the course of your time in the village."

He sat and looked at the three of them. "I wish to hear your reports about what has occurred during the last seven days, as the daimyo present."

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime rose, she took a breath and began.

"It seems that the being known as the Harbinger was acting through a woman named Chouri. She gathered a collection of disillusioned and scared people and brough them to what was Blue Lotus Village. I summarize that the previous inhabitants of the village had some connection or expertise with the realm of dreams. Chouri, along with her accomplice the village healer Enrou, turned their followers into a sort of cult. At least from what I understand of the situation. They had been practicing a ritual that was comforting the villagers, but as I understand it had something to do with bringing the events that culminated yesterday. All of this would be better explained by those of spiritual knowledge, your Majesty. My own description is inadequate."

She took another breath. "When we arrived, a camp was established near the village. It was a mixed group of samurai from all across your Empire, who had arrived for various reasons. Most of them came for Shinsei. The monk spoke to the assembled group about the coming Day of Thunder and that nine would be needed to fight the champion of Jigoku. Two of those here with me are such individuals."

"But after this Shinsei did not interact much with the group. Given events that occurred later I think it is safe to say he was battling some inner demon that ultimately consumed him. Devoid of a clear direction and under no immediate threat the gathered samurai engaged with the villagers." She frowned as she continued, "Which lead to a poisoning of the assembled mass with in the first day, I believe Enrou has confessed to the crime. Regardless I interrogated Chouri the following day. Her answers were vague at best, a trend that would continue. I had a similar response when I spoke to Enrou on the matter, but his story of the mass poisoning was different from Chouri's. Which further aroused my suspicions."

"Despite these reservations we continued to observe the festival. Which lead to a second mass poisoning at a feast. Which only turned worse. Those of us who prudently declined were visited by a shadowy demon, I woke to see the creature and confirmed it with several others. Most troubling were reports of one Kaiu Tai who had warded her tent and can testify it prevented the creature's entry."

"This lead to my second confrontation with Chouri, which only proved more obstinate. I was keenly suspicious of her by this point and my suspicions were confirmed when apparently your daughter and Ryoshun Nao unmasked the Harbinger and drove her from Chouri's body." Makime took another breath, "I did not find Chouri particularly repentant when I approached her after learning this, despite admitting to having let the creature in. However, in light of sacrifice I believe I was mistaken of her desire for penance. Actions proved what her words did not."

"It was also during this time I found myself taking command of the camp and organizing some manner of defense." She sighed, fatigue was taking its toll, "I only did so after discussion with and agreement from my fellow daimyo. During that time I developed, but never had the chance to implement a plan to barricade the villagers in and defend against attack. The situation was more fluid then that plan allowed so I adapted. As the village descended into a living nightmare, the warriors of the Empire rushed into to save the villagers. With the threat beaten back temporarily I took the chance to get an evacuation organized and when the opportunity presented itself we formed a cordon around the villagers and fought our way out."

"I will leave the actions of the Thunders on that day to my fellow daimyo. I would not presume to speak for them on so weighty a matter." She paused, "But one of my own clan fell to see them succeed. Akodo Kenji. I would ask you honor his sacrifice for all the peoples of the mortal realm. He was...a good warrior and his loss will be keenly felt by my Lord and your brother."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Canary

Post by Canary »

Makime wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:10 am
Shiba listened silently to Makime's report, nodding periodically. When she finished, he said, "Akodo Kenji will be honored for his sacrifice in defending not only the people of this Empire, but perhaps all of Ningen-do. His sacrifice will be remembered for as long as this Empire lasts." He bowed his head.

After a moment of silence, he looked to the other two daimyo.

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

"Lady Makime speaks the truth of it." Matsu spoke up, her voice weary. The mention of Akodo Kenji's death made her fists ball tightly, but now was the time to hold it together.

Matsu would detail the events of the battle against The Dream without embellishment, or bias. And certainly without censorship. The brutality of the fight, the desperation of the hour. All of it.

"... and Wu Zhe and Chouri remained behind to seal away the Champion. I recommend that this village, and the sight of the shrine, be barricaded, and guarded away to prevent any potential escape of corruption, or anyone trying to undo the seal."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Canary

Post by Canary »

He nodded as he listened to Matsu. "I see. I will consider it. It may turn out necessary."

He looked to Otaku. "Otaku-san?"