Shiba Kumori

Night After Thunder (D7 EN, Closed)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori walked through the camp of the imperial army exhausted…

They had been victorious… and there was much to rejoice about… but the horrors of the day melded in her mind with the joys of seeing Norikage, Nao, and Ai return, and the end to the threat.

Members of her father’s and mother’s guards bowed in respect as she passed them by…

She walked the path towards her father’s tent… taking in all these men and women had sacrificed for her…

She eventually arrived at the threshold and took a deep breath through her nostrils before walking in.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Re: Night After Thunder (D7 EN, Closed)

Post by Canary »

Shiba is in a cot, propped up as he listens to reports and gives order. He looks pale, and has bandages wrapped around his shoulder and chest with some of the golden fluid that was the Kami's blood soaking through the fabric. His kimono is one meant for comfort as he was clearly convalescing from a serious injury.

He seems to totally forget about that as Kumori enters the tent, though, rising and pushing past his generals and advisors to wrap her into a tight hug. "Kumori! Thank Mother..."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori buries herself in his embrace, clasping her arms around him firmly but gently due to his wounds.

She turned her cheek to his chest as warm tears fell from the corners of her eyes.

“Father…”

She continued to hold him tight.

“I’m sorry…”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:27 pm
Kumori buries herself in his embrace, clasping her arms around him firmly but gently due to his wounds.

She turned her cheek to his chest as warm tears fell from the corners of her eyes.

“Father…”

She continued to hold him tight.

“I’m sorry…”
He didn't seem to be at all interested in whatever effect she may have on his wounds. "You scared us all so much when we heard where you'd gone..."

All of the sudden, she heard another voice shout, "KUMORI!" And she felt the thump of Tae hugging her from behind, feeling the tears from her on her shoulder. "You dumb idiot!" she sobbed.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori turned her body around in the embrace and returned it in kind.

“Tae!” She hugged her sister tightly for a good several moments before pulling her back and inspecting her top to bottom.

“You did it! You led us out! I heard you through the mist… You damn stubborn girl.” She smiled brightly and embraced her twin again.

She then looked at the two of them and wrapped an arm around each.

“We did it… We defeated Jigoku…” She said with a smile.

Canary

Post by Canary »

"She really is," Shiba said with a smile as he returned to the cot with a wince, bringing them both to sit with him. "She practically demanded to come along."

Tae hugged her just as tight. "I heard you, too, and the others that were looking. I was so happy to hear your voice..."

"We really did it," he replied with a nod. "I want to hear your perspective on it eventually... but for now, I just want to enjoy the fact that you're here and alive."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She smiled warmly and nodded and embraced them both again.

“Everyone else is home? Safe?” She asked with light in her eyes and all about her.

Canary

Post by Canary »

"Your mother is here to help lead the Legions," he said. "You two should talk at some point. Everyone else is looking after things at home. Your sisters are managing the families and Tokiwa and Yuzuru are managing the Empire."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Oh…” She said as her smile dimmed slightly.

“Yes… I should.” She nodded her head.

She then took a moment to really take in her father.

“What happened father?”

Canary

Post by Canary »

He sighed and Tae frowned a little. Shiba was the first to speak up.

"They gathered all of their forces that weren't destroyed on their way here. Anything less powerful than the Harbinger herself. I took on their strongest forces; I have the greatest strength and ability to survive of anyone here. It's my responsibility as Emperor to protect this Empire..." He reached out and touched Kumori's cheek. "... and my responsibility as a father to protect my daughter. One of them got a lucky strike in with claws tipped in some sort of tainted poison."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“We all have a way of putting ourselves at risk for others, huh.” She said warmly as he touched her face.

“We should get the healers here immediately… Where is Aterui?” She looked around.

Canary

Post by Canary »

"We do," he said with a rueful chuckle. "And we're all stubborn about it."

"He's already seen to it," he said with a shake of his head.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

"Well... we'll just have to find someone better then." She said with a smile.

"You don't get to check out earlier than the rest of us idiots."