Jiyo Sora

Re: Imperial Report [D8, Evening, closed]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora's posture relaxed slightly, and his tone was desert-dry.

"Your elder sister will probably throw a party, then collapse in abject relief. I may well cackle until my ribs shatter, which is just one more reason this is a pretty good idea. You were one of the only people to actually talk to the villagers here without trying to command them. They responded to that. If the Boss- if your father- who is a hell of a lot smarter than I am- thinks you can do the job, then guess what, Laughing Bird?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei nods at the suggestion. While he has not spent a lot of time with the Princess, he has spoken with her, and judges she has... potential.

"It is also not an immediate thing. You will have time, especially as you may now start preparing yourself. Spend time learning from His Majesty. Spend time with each of the Council. Spend a season with each clan, learning their views. Spend time even with me, traveling the backroads of the Empire, seeing those who live the common lives. Then, once you have learned some portion, though not all, for none on this Realm may know all, may you take the throne."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori listened to the two advisors… both of them had been with her father for so long…

She blinked once as her gaze looked down near her father’s feet.

“I will have to think about it some… And perhaps do as Kyosei-san suggests. And I will need to talk with my sisters…”

She looked up, “If this is the will of the heavens… then I won’t deny it… despite my inadequacies and reservations. I have learned through this experience to trust the Heavens at least… I don’t feel worthy of the calling, but if it is how I can best serve… then I will do whatever I can to be the best I can.”

She smiled at her dad, “Whatever the future holds… I will serve the people of this realm… As your heir… or as a vassal… or some wandering vagrant.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba chuckled at Sora. "She probably will throw a party. Then she'll go and hide someplace comfortable with a book for as long as she can manage."

He smiled at Kumori. "I do believe it is the best choice for the Empire, because of all of your siblings, you know its people best. Your sense of duty wasn't something you accepted just because you were told - you came by it yourself. There are few things less shakeable."

"That said, you don't have to decide now. You don't have to say yes just because I think it's the best idea. I believe that whatever choice you make will be the Will of Heaven. That is why I asked, rather than told."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei waited. He had given his advice. Now, it was on others.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori nodded.

“Thank you, father… For everything.” She said with deep sincerity and a voice that relayed the depth and breadth of just how much her father had done for her.

She then turned to Sora and Kyosei.

“Thank you both as well… For everything up until today. And for everything you will accomplish going forward…”

She eyed Sora in particular.

“I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life… And I will do my best to make your efforts not go to waste.”

She bowed deeply in respect and gratitude for all she had received from them in her life.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora returned her bow.

"If anyone has been fortunate, it has been me."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei also bowed. "Keep always in mind that the Empire is many things, different for almost each person, and you will be starting the road to be a wise ruler. I hope to see much from you... in the future."

Canary

Post by Canary »

shiba bowed, as well, smiling warmly. "I'm lucky to have you in my life, as well, Kumori. I couldn't be more proud to have you as my daughter."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."