Canary

Imperial Report [D8, Evening, closed]

Post by Canary »

Shiba waited until after meeting with the ranking daimyo before bringing in his direct followers. Sora and Kumori undoubtedly had their own perspectives on the events of the village, now that family reuniting time was finished the previous night.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Shiba Kumori

Re: Imperial Report [D8, Evening, closed]

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori was quick to come as she no-doubtedly had a tent very near to the emperor…

She pondered when would be the next time he wouldn’t be sleeping with one eye open to make sure she didn’t leave when she shouldn’t…
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora arrived a bit later.

Because he'd been writing.

He didn't wear his armor, and perhaps paradoxically compared to many others, he actually seemed a bit more agitated now that the Day of Thunder had resolved. Apart from his daisho, all he carried was a scroll.

But he still knelt to the Emperor, rather than bowing as was custom.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei also appeared. He had taken the time to clean up - which didn't help all that much, as the dirt seemed to stick to him. He bowed lower than the others, and waited behind them. He knew who here was important - and who was not.

He was glad he had gotten his wagon out - his notes had been on there, and he had taken the time to write them out.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba rose and bowed deeply to the three of them. "Whatever worries I may have had for your well being, the Empire also owes all of you a debt for what you did during the last seven days. Everyone who came to this village is a hero." He sat down fairly heavily and sighed.

"I have heard the reports of Otaku, Makime, Matsu, and Anjing. I would like to hear your reports and thoughts on your time in Blue Lotus Village."

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora (when the time was right, player posting schedules being what they are) handed Shiba his written account and then stood straight as a yari, curiously stone-faced.

"My report is there, Boss. My thoughts... are a bit agitated. There are... structural concerns we should probably address going forward, now that we're not in full-blown crisis mode."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei followed on Sora's report with his own, but had nothing to verbally respond with on his own.

This was his first version, not including all his notes. It was mostly a recitation of the choosing of the Thunders and what he saw of the aftermath.

He had more than enough notes to recopy for future books.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba reads the report, his eyebrows slowly climbing higher up his forehead despite his calm expression. After a moment, he looked up at Sora. "... This is... interesting."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Canary wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:26 am
Shiba reads the report, his eyebrows slowly climbing higher up his forehead despite his calm expression. After a moment, he looked up at Sora. "... This is... interesting."
"I have tried to be dispassionate in the writing, Boss. As I tried to be mindful of Shinsei's guidance we received on our first day here. But yes. 'Interesting' would be a fine place to begin."

He was still maintaining his composure, despite a lack of sleep and the release of emotions he'd been keeping a lid on during the whole week in BLue Lotus Village.

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She watched the exchange between Sora and her father and nodded softly.

"As you know... I've never been great at reports." She said with a soft smile.

"I can talk with you at length about everything that I saw and heard and did while I was here on the way home..."

She paused, "I think I've learned quite a bit about the people of the empire this past week... Unity doesn't come easy."

She swallowed once, "But it needs to come... Because when it does... we can literally do so much good."
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba nodded quietly, putting down the report. "Indeed. This has also shown me how many have fallen through the cracks in this Empire."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"We need to do better."

He worked his jaw around briefly.

"Both before and after the fact."

Carries:

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba nodded. "Indeed," he said, sitting back and looking thoughtful. "We need to think about unity between the Clans, and between samurai and non-samurai. Yume-Jigoku sought out the cracks both in society and in people's minds... but in a way, those aren't far different."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“The enemy was quick to attack our hearts. It targeted the displaced… the desperate… the fearful… the prideful. It pushed both high and low towards doubt… both of themselves and of others.” She replied.

“I don’t assume to know all the answers… but it’s people’s hearts that we need to fortify… to heal… to uplift. Through teaching, law, and action. And we must make it known that the Imperial families will not be deterred from our duties… we will unite and uplift and won’t be pushed aside.”

Canary

Post by Canary »

"Indeed. I think that we will need to know both the high and low where they are to be able to address the wounds this has caused. Of course, few samurai of this generation have sought out the perspectives of nonsamurai, both here and in general, to understand their perspective and what they may really need."

Shiba nodded, a small smile touching his face. Seemingly apropos of nothing, he noted, "I see your grandmother has said hello."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

"She was kind enough to bless us all in this fight." She said with a soft smile.

"I think we all know that I've never been the most obedient child or grandchild... So, I thank her for listening even when I don't deserve it."

Canary

Post by Canary »

"Amaterasu-omikami sees beyond even what the most insightful of us see," he said. "And she doesn't give undeserved gifts. She also chose me out of all my siblings to be Emperor. If she favored obedience over kindness, wisdom, and flexibility to the needs of the people, she would have chosen Akodo or Hantei - which is no slight on them, but the three of us are very different people."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

"I am happy to have been of use... I came seeking a different destiny... One more about me." She nodded her head.

"But I came out with one that I love more... but still one that shoots for the same end... The safety of others."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba nodded slowly, silent for a long moment. "I have some thing to ask you, Kumori. It is not something you would enjoy, knowing you, but I will still make the offer."

He took a long breath and let it out. "The Empire will need that mindset in the future. One that thinks about others, from all walks of life. We were chosen by Amaterasu because Heaven's lawfulness needs to be modulated by concern for the people of Rokugan... and of Ningen-do. You have been through hell and come out thinking about others. You came to your conclusion on your own, after your own finding yourself and soul searching."

"I have been healed, and may live for a long time... but the Empire is a changing place. An eternal Emperor wouldn't suit it."

"I would like to know if you would be willing to take on my mantle when I eventually abdicate? You can say no - the choice is up to you."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

The words hit her like a ton of uncut stone dropping from the sky.

She paused and her eyes flared open in surprise.

Her mouth did not flow with the same easy and frank style she was accustomed to.

“I… uhh… I… Ummm…”

The muscles around her eyes tightened as she started to try and gather her thoughts and understand what was actually happening in front of her.

“What about… Tokiwa…?” She asked as her eyes went to Sora and Kyosei…

She seemed to be saying.

Sora… tell him to quit joking… This is a terrible idea, right?