Ryoshun Nao

Lil' Bat (Nao Q&A)

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

What do you want to Nao?
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Otomo Akutou

Re: Lil' Bat (Nao Q&A)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Why a pig?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Why you so awesome?
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Nao threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Nao has that never came up?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:17 pm
Why a pig?
Tradition.
Shiba Kumori wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm
Why you so awesome?
Tradition.

Nazo had a pig, Hen, back in Dawn 1. The idea was that they're good for foraging and can be an emergency food source. So, Nazo, the survivalist, kept one with her. When I brought Nazo's daughter in for Winter Court, I thought it would be fun for one of Hen's children with her. This was just a continuation of that. I don't expect to continue it for Dawn 4.

Nao just tries to be as awesome as her siblings and cousins.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:59 pm
FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Nao threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Nao has that never came up?
1) She turned out mostly how I imagined she would. There were a few issues with being a generalist without a strong specialty. But, most of my characters are like that.

2) Facing the Harbinger right away. I wasn't entirely surprised, but that did not go the way I thought it would. Other than that, I didn't expect Nao to survive. Even if she hadn't been a Thunder, I wasn't expecting her to make it through the game. She would have definitelybeen in the Harbinger fight. As a Thunder, I was intending to perform the ritual and get sealed away, but Chouri filled that roll.

3) Rescuing Chouri with Kumori.

4) Failing the Fear roll took ao many ideas away for the fight. I also kind of wish I had made a ber with the Harbinger.

5) I don't think it's much of a secret that there were consequences to rolling triple 1s in the nightmare event. There were a few moments when Nao could have called on the darkness. She could have embraced it fully after failing the fear roll. But, I as a player couldn't see how that would have made any meaningful difference.

In the future, however...

Probably not much,. But, I may suggest maintaining a vulnerability to the Lying Darkbess within the Ryoshun.

Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Nao is as cool and brave as her other cousisn! :D

Was nice to see the difference between Nao and Rei. Even if Nao made Satsuki worry a whole lot during this game. :lol:

Will she be writing down the story of the Day of Thunder as it happened, or will she make embellishments? Will anything be left out?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Both. Agasha will want exact details. But, legendary tales should be told in legendary ways.

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Did anything draw Nao to help out Yukara beyond the adoptive family tie?

Also, did she ever start to feel more 'seen' after being a thunder?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao sees Yukara as sort of a kindred spirit. And, she thinks she's cool.

Other than the moment she heard Shinsei whisper to her, she didn't really feel like she belonged there. In hindsight, she can see the role she played. But, Nao will always feel like she could have done more.

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara will absolutely be going protective older sister mode for Nao in future.

It was a lot of fun, and I appreciated the threads. I enjoyed how much some of these interactions drew Yukara out of her shell, and I hope she did a little for Nao as well.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme