Tyrus

The fight is over....for now (Tyrus Q&A)

Post by Tyrus »

I interacted with a limited few people outside of trying (and mostly failing) to murder them but open for any and (probably?) All queries.

As a general note I love being part of building this world with you all and while it can at times be stressful it is a very rewarding experience. Thank you all for being part of this with us.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Nanzi Ai

Re: The fight is over....for now (Tyrus Q&A)

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Shinsei was a beast, thanks for running the combats.

Haha Kujo and Akari gave me some purpose in the end game outside the main plot so I thank you for that.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

How do you cook your die to get so many explosions on a k2 roll haha

Really enjoyed the combats
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

SALUTE!

GM FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball the players threw you? (That you are willing to talk about!)
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Ready to sleep for a thousand years? :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Tyrus wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:33 am
I interacted with a limited few people outside of trying (and mostly failing) to murder them but open for any and (probably?) All queries.

As a general note I love being part of building this world with you all and while it can at times be stressful it is a very rewarding experience. Thank you all for being part of this with us.
THANK YOUUUUUU :cry:
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Tyrus wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:33 am

Your combats were fun. Glad I was able to be part of them. Pretty much expected Kenji to die in the combat. So glad to be the one guy you got to murder.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Hats off to you for running combat smoothly and with interesting dynamics. A joy to participate in and observe. :) A shame I didn't get to interact with you outside of that, but you did a tremendous job, especially with running two combats at the end there!
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yeah, gotta add, all of the combats had neat elements to them, actual tactical choices to make beyond optimizing raw damage. Hats off for that!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Thanks for all the hard work!
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I'll echo the thanks of many, all well deserved.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Was the boss for fight one always going to be a wolf style beast, or did Yukara's backstory inform that boss design from the get-go?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:34 am
Shinsei was a beast, thanks for running the combats.

Haha Kujo and Akari gave me some purpose in the end game outside the main plot so I thank you for that.
I'm glad! Kujo had originally meant to be a whole npc but that fell through the cracks but I was glad to have a little chat with Ai to give him a bit of character before the fight and I'm glad it had such an impact on her!
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:35 am
How do you cook your die to get so many explosions on a k2 roll haha

Really enjoyed the combats
I wore out most of that luck on the first couple days haha, not nearly as explosive during the last couple fights but oh well dice tell their stories! Thanks for being part of them!
Canary wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:42 am
THANK YOUUUUUU :cry:
No thank you! You put so much if your heart and soul into these games and I am extremely lucky to be doing this with you.
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:49 am
Your combats were fun. Glad I was able to be part of them. Pretty much expected Kenji to die in the combat. So glad to be the one guy you got to murder.
:salute: Well I'm glad you had a good time with it! Definitely had to take him down with that damage output he had! His sacrifice will be remembered

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:57 am
Hats off to you for running combat smoothly and with interesting dynamics. A joy to participate in and observe. :) A shame I didn't get to interact with you outside of that, but you did a tremendous job, especially with running two combats at the end there!
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:01 am
Yeah, gotta add, all of the combats had neat elements to them, actual tactical choices to make beyond optimizing raw damage. Hats off for that!
Thank you for being in them! I did try to make them a bit more dynamic this game and I'm glad people liked that! I always want to be thinking of new things to add to make them more engaging though. Even the shinsei fight had things tied to it but in the background that affected the final fight.
Sugri wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:07 am
Thanks for all the hard work!
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:17 am

I'll echo the thanks of many, all well deserved.
Thanks for playing!
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:21 am
Was the boss for fight one always going to be a wolf style beast, or did Yukara's backstory inform that boss design from the get-go?
The boss was always supposed to be corrupted animals, I think first iteration was a bear? But your backstory made it Wolves since that was a super easy tie in.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:37 am
SALUTE!

GM FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball the players threw you? (That you are willing to talk about!)
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Ready to sleep for a thousand years? :lol:
1. Hmmm it surprised me a bit how small things that were added for mostly flavor ended up affecting characters and/or changing their direction.
2. None really I mean the combat always throws me for a loop at times with how swingy it can be
3. Well referring back to first one I loved that Naraku being recognized for his efforts saving the villagers changed his entire character direction. Tai talking to Yamagato was a cozy bit of thread that got left hanging unfortunately.
4. As always with me just rp opportunity. Some stories hat could have been explored deeper if I was more active.
5. Not quite! But maybe a couple days lol

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Thanks Tyrus!

Your combats are super compelling and you're so helpful to the games.

Really appreciate you!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Were there some tricks and cool things you were eager to show that didn't come to be?

I'm thinking for example about how Effigy 1 felt like it had an ace up its sleeve before we change it into a roly-poly toy due to the dice having forsaken you for that fight.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

It seems that you were a real workhorse with all the fights in the game, especially with the end game! I didn't take part but they seemed to run well, kudos to a job well done! I suppose I am wondering! What program did you use for the maps?
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

I did not spend time with your NPCs, and I did not join any fights.

Nevertheless, wow! So many fights this game, and they were all run superbly; hey, even if I didn't take part, that doesn't keep me from rubbernecking! Just wanted you to know that it was very impressive, and your hard work was seen!
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream