Hisomu Tadaka

Out With The Goju, In With The Tadaka (Hisomu Goju/Tadaka Q&A)

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

I had a lot of fun with this.

I want send a special thanks to Genji for being cool with me throwing this storyline on him.

Since he's not being reprised, I'm fine with revealing anything. Just ask.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Nozomi

Re: Out With The Goju, In With The Tadaka (Hisomu Goju/Tadaka Q&A)

Post by Nozomi »

I do apologize that we didn't get quite as much time as I'd originally planned, given your storyline. But it was an interesting one. I love Name Magic and the idea of losing one's name. So many ways to play out the Man with No Name.

I'm also extremely glad that Genji was on board with this. Those scenes made up a lot of good territory for you two as characters.

What was the most fun for you?
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Honestly, I can't really name one. The awkward scene with Goju trying to reach out to Genji while Genji not remembering him, the dream with Chuchu, and the dream with him getting his Name back are all pretty close together. I also really enjoyed my scenes with Sora.

I don't think it is a favorite scene, but that informed me of Goju's character was the first day event with the drugged fireworks. He was taken seriously by important people. It was something that, thanks to his self-destructive behavior, he never really got. He was the Goofus to Genji's Galant. It helped me find his voice, and I suspect he would have been a different character if I had failed that roll.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

ATTACK OF THE FORM QUESTIONS!

BEWARE THE DREADED FORM QUESTIONS!

1. Biggest curveball Tadaka threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Tadaka has that never came up?

Less-formy-

Gonna make sure the Spider have the navy the Phoenix should have in canon? :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:49 am
ATTACK OF THE FORM QUESTIONS!

BEWARE THE DREADED FORM QUESTIONS!

1. Biggest curveball Tadaka threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Tadaka has that never came up?

Less-formy-

Gonna make sure the Spider have the navy the Phoenix should have in canon? :lol:
1. When I started the game, I didn't think his bad behavior before was a result of him not being able to handle the pressure of being Hantei's son and Genji's twin. I just thought he liked to party. No. Apparently, I was wrong.

2. Definitely, the last dream Event where Tadaka got his Name back. I was not expecting that at all. It kinda reshaped everything for him.

3. Copying from my post above: "Honestly, I can't really name one. The awkward scene with Goju trying to reach out to Genji while Genji not remembering him, the dream with Chuchu, and the dream with him getting his Name back are all pretty close together. I also really enjoyed my scenes with Sora."

4. More Threads with more people. But alas, RL limits us all.

5. I think that at least OOC, all secrets were revealed. I suppose the closest would be that after a misunderstanding with Nozomi, he learned of the Lying Darkness and his goal to found a Family was in large part to save his soul from it. With his Name back, he still intends to found a Family, but more because he actually sees a need and wants to serve his uncle.

Also, my original Protect the Villagers From Themselves post that Birb (reasonably) denied:
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:52 am
Tadaka saw the villagers. He knew had to stop them without harming them. Using his ability to shape dreams, he turned himself into a hated seagull. With his dream-fueled wings, he flew silently to one of the villagers and screeched his ear causing him to drop his drink. Tadaka then flew off so he could leave this hated form.
6. That's the goal. It makes sense especially for Shiba's Rokugan which has more mercantile Families.