Hisomu Reo

How did I not die? Reo q&a

Post by Hisomu Reo »

I was planning to ride Reo until the wheels fell off and instead he got healed. Whouda think?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Jiyo Sora

Re: How did I not die? Reo q&a

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Reo!

GOD I wish I'd logged more threads of these two old jerks reminiscing.

Oh well...

BEWARE THE DREADED FORM QUESTIONS!

1. Biggest curveball Reo threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?- Probably the leg getting fixed, let's be honest.
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Reo has that never came up?

Less-formy-

Ready to be entrusted with a copy of Chouri's full account PLUS Enrou's notes? :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:54 am
Reo!

GOD I wish I'd logged more threads of these two old jerks reminiscing.

Oh well...

BEWARE THE DREADED FORM QUESTIONS!

1. Biggest curveball Reo threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?- Probably the leg getting fixed, let's be honest.
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Reo has that never came up?

Less-formy-

Ready to be entrusted with a copy of Chouri's full account PLUS Enrou's notes? :lol:
To answer the last first: OH HELL YES

I will combine 1 and 2: I envisioned this game as Reo's last adventure, that he would run out and die horribly or get corrupted. So I would say that biggest curveball was that Reo kept passing to avoid corruption when it counted and kept being around people making better life choices. So when he was given the chance to heal a literal childhood trauma, and it came without strings it gave him a new lease on life to the point that he was easily able to resist the Harbinger temptations

3) I loved the chats with Yukara, Naraku and Enrou

4) Reo was trying to mess with Dreamstone to weaponize it but it never really happened

No secrets really.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Not really a question, but I enjoyed our scene together and wish we could have had another one or two. But that's how these games always end. Wishing you could have posted more.

I assure you, Ninube will be very happy to Reo come back alive and healthy.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:41 am
I was planning to ride Reo until the wheels fell off and instead he got healed. Whouda think?
lol, I've started to realize that sometimes the ones we expect to die end up surviving until the very bitter end. Sakkaku and the game are so unpredictable.

What would you say is the one thing above all that surprised you about Reo's story most?
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:56 am
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:41 am
lol, I've started to realize that sometimes the ones we expect to die end up surviving until the very bitter end. Sakkaku and the game are so unpredictable.

What would you say is the one thing above all that surprised you about Reo's story most?
Reo fully believed what he said to Yukara when she lost her arm: that her mind and soul were as valuable to the clan as her body. So being offered the chance to heal his leg short circuied him.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:51 am
Not really a question, but I enjoyed our scene together and wish we could have had another one or two. But that's how these games always end. Wishing you could have posted more.

Reo is excited to try some new things with his wife now that his leg it better. Go for kids 7 and 8

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:09 am
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:51 am

Reo is excited to try some new things with his wife now that his leg it better. Go for kids 7 and 8
lol. We do have extended lives. :lol:
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor