Otomo Akutou

Ask Your Local Hick! Akutou Q&A

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Y'all're welcome t' ask. At this point, ain't worth keepin' secrets no more.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Re: Ask Your Local Hick! Akutou Q&A

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Thanks for being a friend.

I enjoyed our first thread and then Akutou’s internal surprise at Kumori being Kumori.

I admit to it being a struggle at times to understand what you were saying! :lol:

Was it ever hard for you to produce it?
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 pm
Thanks for being a friend.
Of course!
Shiba Kumori wrote:
I enjoyed our first thread and then Akutou’s internal surprise at Kumori being Kumori.
Me, too!

Honestly, had I thought of it, I'd've given Akutou Obtuse. Rustic hick just does not get a whole lot of stuff.
Shiba Kumori wrote:
I admit to it being a struggle at times to understand what you were saying! :lol:

Was it ever hard for you to produce it?
Oh, no.
No, no, no.
I come by my drawl honestly, having lived more years than not in the Texas Hill Country. It creeps out when I'm tired, but I hear it often enough in my daily life, it's just spellin' it like I hear it in church pews and at the next table over at th' local Mexican rest'raunt.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Kumori stole my question! So I'll just say sorry we didn't hang out, I was sticking a little close to my comfort zone this game. Next time!
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:10 pm
Kumori stole my question! So I'll just say sorry we didn't hang out, I was sticking a little close to my comfort zone this game. Next time!
Next time, indeed!

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku absolutely loved Akutou.

What were your thoughts about him? Also remember you need to come to the Hiruma lands, maybe marry a nice Hiruma lady!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 pm
Naraku absolutely loved Akutou.

What were your thoughts about him? Also remember you need to come to the Hiruma lands, maybe marry a nice Hiruma lady!
About Naraku?

Solid guy. Still think poison ruins the meat, though.

And as far as the Hiruma lands...perhaps in postlude fiction?

Maybe the next character will be the fruit of such a union.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Akutou threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Akutou has that never came up?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:05 am
FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Akutou threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Akutou has that never came up?
1. That he wasn't as scoundrely as I'd thought. More "learned shifty shit to not die" than the originally thought "learned shifty shit to get over."
2. Mostly, the damned dice. But dice will be dice.
3. The revelation of Kumori during the one event and the "oh, shit, I backhandedly propositioned the Princess" thoughts.
4. I do feel I could've started the underworld investigating earlier.
5. He doesn't know it, really, but he's one of the many bastard children of Otomo Gusai. It's part of what made his ocean-phobia so distasteful to his Family.

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

We didn't have a real scene.

But, I was happy we could signal without words and kill the Emperor's enemies without any fuss.

That being said, if he's a bastard of Gusai and phobia: ocean, what are his plans after all this? Surely his family would probably see his participation as a boon.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:09 am
That being said, if he's a bastard of Gusai and phobia: ocean, what are his plans after all this? Surely his family would probably see his participation as a boon.
Had he done more, they might.

He's got Black Sheep. The Otomo couldn't quite cast him out, not with Dawei having taken him as a student, but they view him as a failure.

Akutou's opinion is that he didn't make enough of a difference here for them to revise their opinion.

Depending on how goals fall out, he may get some semblance of settlement with them.

For now, though, he's going to go back to Stag lands to report, and then he expects he'll be back on patrol for a while until he can avail himself of Naraku's invitation to Hiruma lands. I might have some Epilogue in me...