Hiruma Naraku

Re: Do tigers dream of being human? Kai-Tiger Q&A

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Because we are circling over this topic and just echoing points, I'll just combo break this and ask you Kai.

How do you feel knowing our initial scene might as well been a trigger for a lot of things. Heck I wouldn't have met Ai if she hadn't been mean to you.

All in all, your character was fantastic. I truly enjoyed our interactions, and I think you did enjoy the dumplings I made. They weren't poisonous, I swear.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:24 am
How do you feel knowing our initial scene might as well been a trigger for a lot of things. Heck I wouldn't have met Ai if she hadn't been mean to you.

All in all, your character was fantastic. I truly enjoyed our interactions, and I think you did enjoy the dumplings I made. They weren't poisonous, I swear.
Thanks.

Well, it does reinforce the idea I am better at sprints than marathons.

Okay, that's not true: I'm actually terrible at sports in general. But I love metaphors more than I should.

What I meant here is that there has been a relative consistency in my best posts in these games happening in the first IC days, and then me dwindling down. The best example might be Banner 3 where, despite having a worryingly high post count, everything about my character could be boiled down to its D2 nightclub scene.

Kai evolved her own way. But the spirit giving ambiguous enough advice it always proves true in the end was part of the core concept. It was too much of classic in tales for me to give it a miss. Glad it worked so well.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora figured out Kai wasn't human, decided she was insane but harmless, and then...

Kinda fell down a rabbit hole where he barely interacted with anyone outside of a very narrow group.

How do you think a second conversation would have gone?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:53 pm
Sora figured out Kai wasn't human, decided she was insane but harmless, and then...

Kinda fell down a rabbit hole where he barely interacted with anyone outside of a very narrow group.

How do you think a second conversation would have gone?
If we knew how these threads would end before writing them, there would be little point writing them, would they?

... Actually, that might be debatable, and more of a consequence of me being focused on the cooperative storytelling bit than the gameplay bit.

But really, no idea. Would have depended on too many factors. Might have encouraged Sora his weirdness, his own legend potential even further. Though Chuchu kinda covered that angle already, so changes in both characters' trajectories might have been minimal regardless?

Chuchu is also one of the many characters with whom an encounter would have been interesting I didn't get to interact with by the way.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

The rat-rat was a gift to the game.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.