Hiruma Naraku

I am evil and edgy, I swear [Naraku Q&A]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku didn't go as I expected him, which is pretty good to be honest, I think his arc was funnier like that.

Shoot any questions you might have!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Re: I am evil and edgy, I swear [Naraku Q&A]

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Where'd this concept come from for you?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm
Where'd this concept come from for you?
To be honest, I always wanted to play an unconventional poison focused character (unconventional in the sense that it wouldn't be Scorpion), from there on was just a matter of talking with Canary to see if I could have the inner gift and move from there
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Naraku threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Naraku has that never came up?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:01 am
FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Naraku threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. Any secrets Naraku has that never came up?
1. Becoming an actual human being. He was supposed to be a means justify the ends but ended up reconsidering his stance on honor and bushido.
2. That Hero of the People (which triggered the change) and the romance with Ai. I really thought Ai and him would end up enemies.
3. So many, the discovering of the scroll, the translation, the interactions. I would find it hard to choose only one.
4. I think I'd wanted to interact with a few more characters, but at the end everything seemed to go so fast and then I came with the sickness during I think D5?
5. I think not. As he said IC, Naraku absolutely detested secrets

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

It was really nice to see Naraku develop throughout the game into a hero.

How much of the naga elements were planned and how much developed throughout the game? Will they be passed on to any of his descendants?
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:35 am
It was really nice to see Naraku develop throughout the game into a hero.

How much of the naga elements were planned and how much developed throughout the game? Will they be passed on to any of his descendants?
To be prefectly honest? None. Sure he was found in the Shinomen but that could have just as been abandoned children.

It was through Canary that that angle really came to be. As to how it will pass? We will see, he did channel the dream of Akasha during his fight against the Champion and my major goal will most likely involve the Hiruma moving to the Shinomen. How will this affect the future Hiruma is up for Dawn 5.

Just tell me Anjing will not purge him when she discovers this haha

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:39 am

To be prefectly honest? None. Sure he was found in the Shinomen but that could have just as been abandoned children.

It was through Canary that that angle really came to be. As to how it will pass? We will see, he did channel the dream of Akasha during his fight against the Champion and my major goal will most likely involve the Hiruma moving to the Shinomen. How will this affect the future Hiruma is up for Dawn 5.

Just tell me Anjing will not purge him when she discovers this haha
He’s family and you don’t purge family. Even if they’re a snake man. I imagine his venture down south would be very amicable. He just had to pack warmly and make sure to eat more.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Fellow neeeeerd!

I liked watching Naraku's development over the game. <3

If not for the Hero of the People popping up, what do you think Naraku's trajectory could have been?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Poison buddy! Are you ready to make a toxic work environment?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Sorry we never found time for the 'after combat' thread for Yukara and Naraku.

After so many fights alongside the other samurai, do you think he's on a trajectory fully toward a more positive outlook on his fellow totally human humans?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Gratz on being counted as human, i hear mutation is looked down on in the crab clan. :P

Glad you got to save Ai, seems like Naraku came a long way.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Really enjoyed reading Naraku.

Thanks for saving my cousin.

I'll expect an invitation to the wedding.

I'll bring the poison.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:38 am
snip
He would most likely had triggered that nice Dark Fate he had. But of course that also depends on failing the events! I was really lucky with rolls this game.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:42 am
snip
Of course! I know you can't marry but you should totally send one of yours to become a Hiruma. Unite the Spider and the Crab!
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:17 am
snip
I know, that was one of my biggest regrets. I think your sacrifice and Otaku's (Actually Tsubame's) actions in our combat really shaped him to really depend more on others. I think your self sacrifice was amazing as well.
Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 am
snip
I am completely human. *Hiss*
Shiba Kumori wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:44 am
snip
You're welcome! I'm really sad we couldn't interact more :( And I am hoping an invitation to your wedding as well!

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 am

Of course! I know you can't marry but you should totally send one of yours to become a Hiruma. Unite the Spider and the Crab!

With the change of goals, I am workshopping something a bit different, but amongst the stuff I put out, weaving close bonds between the Crab, Dragon, Bat and Spider is on the menu.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

... Wait, you actually were the Snakeskin Crab? Kai had been right all along?

Should have called her Cassandra. :lol:

Do you see yourself more as a control character who gives -1F/-1C Poison tokens as an Open action, or a battle centric one who distribute them during fights only?

(and yes, that would technically make you the Kachiko of the band; quite coherent with the Crane romance actually)

For real though, now there are less things to poison to death around, how do you think he'll evolve "professionally"? Toward making medicine maybe?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:25 pm
... Wait, you actually were the Snakeskin Crab? Kai had been right all along?

Should have called her Cassandra. :lol:

Do you see yourself more as a control character who gives -1F/-1C Poison tokens as an Open action, or a battle centric one who distribute them during fights only?

(and yes, that would technically make you the Kachiko of the band; quite coherent with the Crane romance actually)

For real though, now there are less things to poison to death around, how do you think he'll evolve "professionally"? Toward making medicine maybe?
I think there are few characters that impacted the lore more than Kai. Kai was the catalyst for almost every event which is fitting of her role as the White Tiger of the West.

He can be both but I am more inclined to the second interpretation as he isn't really too courtly haha. I have fully accepted my role as the Kachiko of the group.

Oh he will continue developing poisons, though just like Amaterasu's Censure he will make it so they are absolutely useless against someone that is not corrupted. He will probably also develop some performance aids for his scouts.