Nanzi Ai

Ai Love this Game Q+A

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Chibi-Ai-Canary.jpg
Chibi-Ai-Canary.jpg (21.89 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Ai is here she was good at two things stats wise, kind of, Kenjutsu and iaijutsu.

I feel like her music, that was an afterthought played a major role for me to get into character.

I did not expect a romance, that was a lovely surprise.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Re: Ai Love this Game Q+A

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Why that particular child of Doji?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Loved Ai and did not expect the romance either. From kharmic rivals to wife and husband.

Was there something you wished you had explored more with your character?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:34 pm
Why that particular child of Doji?
Honestly I have wanted to play Ai since I came up with her at Dawn 1, but knew it would be a while.

I had envisioned her to be more angry, but she was much more chill and introspective than expected. But as to why, I enjoy a good bushi and she was the Bushiest of the the lot.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:34 pm
Loved Ai and did not expect the romance either. From kharmic rivals to wife and husband.

Was there something you wished you had explored more with your character?
I think I explored everything I wanted, Ai was simple she spent her whole life preparing for well a glorious death... she had no illusions of survival from day One. But I did like making her more mellow and introspective and thoughtful than just angry and tough. I was surprised by how much she interacted with Doji or just her role in the events.

It was a great game overall.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

What a long road it's been!

1. Biggest curveball Ai threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. (A question I feel safe asking because Sora talked with her a great deal!) Any characters you wish you'd interacted with more?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 pm
What a long road it's been!

1. Biggest curveball Ai threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?
5. (A question I feel safe asking because Sora talked with her a great deal!) Any characters you wish you'd interacted with more?
1. Trying to not be a jerk, but still cleave to her High Honor, while it can be flexible it also lends itself to be rather inflexible as even minor stuff can cause a potential Honor loss.

2. I was not expecting the love story at the end, and the stuff with Doji was surprising.

3. Pretty much anytime I got to butcher a song was a fave moment for me.

4. I wanted to spend more time with cousins, but I really enjoyed bouncing off of Kumori.

5. Always, was hoping to do more with Makime, Anjing, and Ranmaru for varying reasons... politics, social, and just interesting characters. Also i was sad to see the Scorpion singer dropped she was a nice potential mother figure.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

It was a pleasure to draw swords alongside Ai. Would have loved to do more politics, but sometimes slaying zombies together comes first?

What is Ai's future in relation to the Crane? If Doji wakes up as hinted at, how does that change things for her and the Clan?
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:27 am
It was a pleasure to draw swords alongside Ai. Would have loved to do more politics, but sometimes slaying zombies together comes first?

What is Ai's future in relation to the Crane? If Doji wakes up as hinted at, how does that change things for her and the Clan?
Well for Ai, that would be great they have some reconciling to do and if she is back they can plan her future wedding on the coast somewhere. Less pressure on Dojihime, though I doubt she stay idle, and well for Nanzi I am not sure but with survival there is a chance for reconciliation and understanding for the house of Crane.

Ai is probably moving northward to the Crab so expect to see more of her there. I have not gotten farther than that.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Yay, come north, cousin! It's where all the best people are! :D Hikaru will probably be happy to have some Crane sensibilities not too far away.

Ai was fun. Also very different from Dojihime. :) Happy to see you back to play the Crane folks.

If Ai hadn't met Naraku, what would have been her future (granted she had survived the Day of Thunder too)?
How would she have reacted if another had been chosen as Thunder in her place, since it was something she had been told she'd be since she was young?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

I just thought I would step in and say that I've loved both your characters. Nanzi was such a wonderful addition to the game. His story was magnificent as it was all-encompassing. Hah, i know that Nozomi and he never really got along that well, though that had so much to do with her being about as honorable as a pit viper when the two of them met.

What would you say is the part about how Nanzi and Ai have influenced Rokugan that you most enjoy in that they've added to the setting?

(Also, I'm totally kind of glad that Naraku managed to resurrect her like that and save her. Once in a lifetime thing, that.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Will Ai still be interested in teaching Yukara to play the shamisen, and for that matter, maybe consider taking it up more?

The idea of Crab rock and roll led by a Crane has a certain charm...
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:36 am
Yay, come north, cousin! It's where all the best people are! :D Hikaru will probably be happy to have some Crane sensibilities not too far away.

Ai was fun. Also very different from Dojihime. :) Happy to see you back to play the Crane folks.

If Ai hadn't met Naraku, what would have been her future (granted she had survived the Day of Thunder too)?
How would she have reacted if another had been chosen as Thunder in her place, since it was something she had been told she'd be since she was young?
Thank you I am really pleased that Ai was different from Dojihime, I always fear that sometimes my characters get too samey but that means a lot.

I think she would have worked with Kichi and still will, but also maybe something with Kujo’s daughter Akari to get her acclimated with the Crane. The return to her duties for the Raven Guard, which she will still be apart of even as a Crab as it is supposed to be an inter-clan initiative to fight the Corruption.

I am still formulating goals, though.

For her reaction to not being chosen, it would depend on when it happened if it was days 1 to 3 she would have felt very disappointed and ashamed to have failed her Honored Father of course it may have also hardened her against Shinsei and well Destiny in general. But the latter half the of the game she saw that her role here was to simply be and do what she could to help.

I guess after Jiyo Sora told her about her mother and working with Kumori really gave her insight into her own foibles and selfishness. Basically, telling her cousin to stop being a martyr made her confront her own issues and see that se as doing the same, plus dealing with Kichi helped too.

Then there was Naraku and that was out of left field, but she enjoyed his presence and realized she had more to live for than just being a Thunder.
Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:13 am
I just thought I would step in and say that I've loved both your characters. Nanzi was such a wonderful addition to the game. His story was magnificent as it was all-encompassing. Hah, i know that Nozomi and he never really got along that well, though that had so much to do with her being about as honorable as a pit viper when the two of them met.

What would you say is the part about how Nanzi and Ai have influenced Rokugan that you most enjoy in that they've added to the setting?

(Also, I'm totally kind of glad that Naraku managed to resurrect her like that and save her. Once in a lifetime thing, that.)
I am glad Nanzi had conflicts, because he is a man defined by conflicts as much as he is defined by his actions. He’s the kind of hero I adore, conflicted, flawed, and often tragic in their endings. Yet still did what was right when it mattered. As for his impact, really shifting the Crane to a more anti-Jigoku with style Clan.

Crane are easily my fave clan, next to Modern Spider and Crab, so I knew going into Dawn 1 I was going to be a Doji-stan for life. Canary even warned me that romance was hard mode but hey he loved a challenge. I am happy with where the Crane are and the roles they have played because if anything we have had a lot of attention due to our connections to the darkness and it has changed them in the same ways.

I am hoping to develop an idea of dream walking or a spiritual school around dreaming and corruption and shifting the Yumenosenshi away from just the Crane to a more generalized path for any Bushi that is a member of the Raven Guard… GM approval pending.

Hadananzi having such a large impact has been delightful and really, I am just pleased with how everything is shaping up in the Dawnverse. As for Ai, I am not sure yet she really never foresaw anything beyond the Day of Thunder, all of this is now… open to her.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:19 am
Will Ai still be interested in teaching Yukara to play the shamisen, and for that matter, maybe consider taking it up more?

The idea of Crab rock and roll led by a Crane has a certain charm...
She is a samurai of her word, she will definitely teach Yukara and although we can do it off-screen she will probably give her the shamisen she came with as a gift to keep. Ai is stupid rich so getting another is easy and she wants to share some joy with the Bat samurai.

I do think in the Crab lands, Ai will continue her martial skills but become a patron of the music arts and maybe Crab Rock and Roll may be in her future lol.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Oooh, I have to admit that "Doji Dreamers" does sound like an interesting approach to developments in the clan, given how much more active in the spiritual realms the entire empire is (and especially the Crane). So, this may be something that can be really developed over time.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:57 pm
Oooh, I have to admit that "Doji Dreamers" does sound like an interesting approach to developments in the clan, given how much more active in the spiritual realms the entire empire is (and especially the Crane). So, this may be something that can be really developed over time.
I think it could be a fun idea.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:54 pm
y'know, I'm logging back in to specifically say Kai's right there. There is a reason that we're ending game 4 with no other Crane. Nobody can stay in the clan that's been 'claimed' so thoroughly that a question to the GM about "what's up with this thing in the Crane" is met with 'let me check with Ai's player,' as happened somewhere near the front of this game. That is not normal or healthy for a game with this kind of factional setup. And I don't see it really happening with any other clan to the degree that folks are just plain driven out.
I wanted to address this here instead of the original thread because I have seen this mentioned a few times and I assume this is with Dojihime at Dawn 3; so I am just going to lay it out there, I had no intention to be adversarial in that game just a pretty princess being pretty. I was gone for the start because I was on vacation and when I get back, I find a major plotline is revolving around my character’s mother and I knew nothing about it or the extent of just how bad it was.

So yes, the GM’s should check in with the player at least to say, hey by the way this happening to an element that directly involves their character. Now I did end up having a discussion with players involved in PMs when things get too heated, and I thought we had worked it out but apparently not.

I would expect that if Anjing showed up to Dawn 4 and found out from other players that Hida had a hole in his head and she didn’t know beforehand that would feel a bit awkward or Togashi decided to become a banjo player and left the family, Satsuki would like to be made aware.

With that said, I love the collaborative aspects of the game even if I don’t agree with all of the decisions. That is what makes the game fun. But to say I claimed them is untrue, and if you really have an issue just PM me, it’s what I do if I suspect things have gone too far. And if not that reach out to a GM. And as for checking in with me, the check in was for about the status of Hadananzi, if I recall correctly, and where we stood officially which is what was stated at Dawn 3.

Otherwise Canary and the GM team run this game, not me.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Sorry we didn't get to do more, I was playing it a little close in this game, plus Covid. We did have a few nice moments, though!
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:33 pm
Sorry we didn't get to do more, I was playing it a little close in this game, plus Covid. We did have a few nice moments, though!
Yeah that is fine, I enjoy Hikaru immensely and I am glad he got a happy ending.