Isawa Kyosei

Late arrival. Kyosei's limited showing.

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Didn't hear of the game till it was half over, came in, then work slammed me harder than expected, even for this season. But, Kyosei did manage to make it through. Sort of.

Nothing really new for him, but if you have any questions, ask away.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Jiyo Sora

Re: Late arrival. Kyosei's limited showing.

Post by Jiyo Sora »

FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Kyosei threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?- Kind of answered, with the late started and limited availability :(
5. Any secrets Kyosei has that never came up?

I thiiiiiiiiink Kyosei and Sora are the only characters to have been in every single Dawn game thus far... looking forward to running someone else next time?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Mirumoto

Post by Mirumoto »

Better late then never!

What was Kyosei's first impression of the village?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi - Tribal - Duelist - Daimyo Substitute - Old - Arrow to the Knee of destinies - Can't wait for retirement

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:04 am
FORM QUESTIONS INBOUND!

1. Biggest curveball Kyosei threw you?
2. Biggest curveball the game threw you?
3. Favorite moment?
4. Biggest missed opportunity?- Kind of answered, with the late started and limited availability :(
5. Any secrets Kyosei has that never came up?

I thiiiiiiiiink Kyosei and Sora are the only characters to have been in every single Dawn game thus far... looking forward to running someone else next time?
1]Sadly, didn't really get thrown a lot of curveballs by Kyosei. He's pretty set by this point.

2] Losing at the Dream D4. Really should have passed it, but RNG went the other way.

3] Actually getting a good roll on the Copying of the Choosing. Not his real bundle of skills, but this time the RNG went in his favor.

4] the whole scroll thing. I had a lot to add to it, but that happened right as work exploded (manager left, though he gave lots of notice, but 2nd and 3rd both had pre-approved vacations that week, leaving me one of the only ones that knew what to do and to guide others, and work so much OT). Did the roll for a new spell, and blew it out of the park, but it had already been finished by then.

5] Not really a secret, but he has been carrying around this jade gauntlet for now 4 games, slowing getting it more realistic, and no-one even requested it for the final fight, or any other use.
Mirumoto wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:05 am
Better late then never!

What was Kyosei's first impression of the village?
As he came late in the day, while thinking he was elsewhere - it's another village like 500 he's seen before - wait, why is everyone ignoring me? I'm bringing supplies for you! Hey, you're not Jiro, who are you?

Confused, and trying to get up to speed with very little time.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Thanks for the scene and conversation! Were there ways you envisioned Kyosei doing or taking part in if you were in the game earlier?
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

He would have jumped at the library and copied it; And hopefully been more of a support character, instead of a cameo one. If that makes sense.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

It was still good seeing him again!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.