Canary

Day 4

Post by Canary »

27th of the Month of the Tiger, Year 30

The cool air from yesterday finally collects above and finally begins falling as rain. It leaves the air temperature much more moderate than yesterday, but it also leaves everyone rather wet, forcing today's intended part of the festival into the Headwoman's house instead of the garden as intended.

The moon is full.

Today's element is water.

Events:
Dawn Awakening - LN/EM, D3-4

Sleep Event #4
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Re: Day 4

Post by Canary »

Caution: Horses

Woman: Did you hear what happened to little Kimi?
Man: Oh kami I know, it's a terrible shame. The girl really shouldn't have been playing so close to that horse though.
Woman: Shh! Don't let Aoyama hear that. I heard she decapitated the horse in one swing! You know how protective she's been since what happened...

The Principles of Hospitality

Farmer: I can't believe they just showed up and didn't eat.
Craftsman: I know! We went out of our way to make sure there was enough for the newcomers, and they just turn up their nose at it.
Farmer: We could have used that to feed families if our food wasn't good enough for them.

Disney, Eat Your Heart Out

Shopper: Were you in the hearth room at the feast last night?
Shopkeeper: No, I was out in the garden. Needed the fresh air. Why?
Shopper: Apparently one of the newcomers - you know the girl who's staying with Yoshie and Daisuke? - apparently she's one of the daughters of the Emperor! I guess something dangerous is going to be happening here, and she promised to protect us.
Shopkeeper: *yawns* More dangerous than the insomnia? I swear, this week always runs me ragged.
Shopper: You know how is. It'll be over before you know it.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

On the message pole, there are three notes as of EM D3:
Doji Hikaru has been chosen and given three quests to complete, to show his spirit, heart, and soul, to be worthy for marriage. He must show his completion of these tasks within four days.

First, he must hold the stars in the palm of his hand.
Second, he must show the strength of fire.
Third and lastly, he must create the most sublime sound.
Comrades,

In light of what transpired yesterday, I am setting to head into the surrounding forest for a scouting mission. I am looking for at least three willing people to accompany me to see if we might search and better prepare in the case of future attacks.

Hiruma Naraku
In light of recent events, coordination of defense efforts is key.

To that end, Jiyo Sora requests a meeting with the ranking member of each of the Clans present, as well as of the Brotherhood of Shinsei, or their duly designated representatives at their earliest convenience. Samurai without a Clan allegiance are welcome to present their input to the Imperial families at the time they see fit.

Before any such meeting, it should be noted that the Imperial Families propose that Lady Makime be placed in charge of all defensive efforts at the command level, and that Wu Zhe be designated as liaison to the village.

In an ungainly scrawl at the bottom-

You don't all have to show up at once if your schedules do not coincide.
At this very moment, Lady Doji fights against the corruption in the realm of dreams. Her strength keeps the Empire safe.

As you lay down to sleep, please, think of her, and say a prayer for her safety.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Posted ME:
Defenders of the Empire,

The time is coming fast upon us, and while you are reminding yourself well of what it is that is most important, and the bonds and ties you share? You need to be ready for what may come. I invite you, if you are not busy putting together the damage that seems to be filling our lives in this small town, to join me in the Sleeping Garden tomorrow at Early Afternoon.

Come, prepared to be honest with yourselves.

-Nozomi

Canary

Post by Canary »

The hard green or white precious stone called jade helps protect one's spirit against the corruption of Jigoku in all its forms. All martial defenders of this camp should carry a piece of this stone on their bodies at all times.

If you do not own a piece of jade, seek out Otaku and one will be entrusted to you.

Canary

Post by Canary »

A meal to which the villagers will be invited to repay their hospitality is planned for tomorrow evening. A modest menu is the best that can be done under the circumstances, but any who have something to offer in the way of either culinary skill or entertainment are invited to assist.

Inquire with Jiyo Sora.