Canary

Day 5

Post by Canary »

28th of the Month of the Tiger, Year 30

The rain finally stops during the night and the wind picks up, becoming blustery during the course of the day. It ends up making the house building during the afternoon a challenge, but at least it works up an appetite for lunch.

The moon is full.

Today's element is air.

Events:
Purification of Form - D5 EE, Headwoman's House
The Lost Dreams of the Dead - D5 LE, Graveyard, COMBAT

Sleep Event #5
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Re: Day 5

Post by Canary »

They're Popular

"Did you see how many people went to visit Chouri-sama yesterday? I thought they were going to start lining up at one point."
"Same with Enrou, though probably less happy there. So many injuries lately."
"Well, with whatever it was that sped through town, it's hardly a surprise."

Monday Night Smackdown

"Did you see what happened in the garden this morning?"
"No? I was asleep?"
"Pfft, you and your sleep. This person in a cloak was sleeping there, and then they just started going nuts! They broke a monk's neck, and then punched a couple of other people to death before they escaped!"
"They're still of the loose?!"
"Well, nobody's seen them since..."
"Kami, Suzuka..."

The Clock is Ticking

"Thank goodness... I finally got a decent night's sleep last night."
"Yup! The worst is over. Tonight should be a good one."
"I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone dreamt about tomorrow."

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

On the message pole, there are three notes as of EM D3:
Doji Hikaru has been chosen and given three quests to complete, to show his spirit, heart, and soul, to be worthy for marriage. He must show his completion of these tasks within four days.

First, he must hold the stars in the palm of his hand.
Second, he must show the strength of fire.
Third and lastly, he must create the most sublime sound.
Comrades,

In light of what transpired yesterday, I am setting to head into the surrounding forest for a scouting mission. I am looking for at least three willing people to accompany me to see if we might search and better prepare in the case of future attacks.

Hiruma Naraku
In light of recent events, coordination of defense efforts is key.

To that end, Jiyo Sora requests a meeting with the ranking member of each of the Clans present, as well as of the Brotherhood of Shinsei, or their duly designated representatives at their earliest convenience. Samurai without a Clan allegiance are welcome to present their input to the Imperial families at the time they see fit.

Before any such meeting, it should be noted that the Imperial Families propose that Lady Makime be placed in charge of all defensive efforts at the command level, and that Wu Zhe be designated as liaison to the village.

In an ungainly scrawl at the bottom-

You don't all have to show up at once if your schedules do not coincide.
At this very moment, Lady Doji fights against the corruption in the realm of dreams. Her strength keeps the Empire safe.

As you lay down to sleep, please, think of her, and say a prayer for her safety.
Defenders of the Empire,

The time is coming fast upon us, and while you are reminding yourself well of what it is that is most important, and the bonds and ties you share? You need to be ready for what may come. I invite you, if you are not busy putting together the damage that seems to be filling our lives in this small town, to join me in the Sleeping Garden tomorrow at Early Afternoon.

Come, prepared to be honest with yourselves.

-Nozomi
The hard green or white precious stone called jade helps protect one's spirit against the corruption of Jigoku in all its forms. All martial defenders of this camp should carry a piece of this stone on their bodies at all times.

If you do not own a piece of jade, seek out Otaku and one will be entrusted to you.
A meal to which the villagers will be invited to repay their hospitality is planned for tomorrow evening. A modest menu is the best that can be done under the circumstances, but any who have something to offer in the way of either culinary skill or entertainment are invited to assist.

Inquire with Jiyo Sora.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel »

AGM | Birb | Chonky | Floooooofy | Sub-Contractor of Horror | Experienced?

I charge by the anxiety attack.