Otomo Akutou

Re: D3EA, Filling the Belly (and Finding the Underbelly?)- Open

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:01 pm
Her giggling's sweet, not judgmental, as she listens to his first few tries. "The Dreaming," Chuchu corrects him gently, pronouncing the word slowly so he hears every syllable. "In your people's tongue, you call it Yume-do."
"The Dreaming," Akutou says. "The Dreaming.

"Thought dreamin' put a body out inta it as it was already," he adds.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:06 pm
"Thought dreamin' put a body out inta it as it was already," he adds.
The nezumi looks pleased with his pronunciation, nodding happily. "Yes, that's right."

She takes another fistful of rice, humming. "It does, but the Dreaming acts upon its dreamers, not the other way around. I am a Dreamwalker -- what your people might call a pathfinder in the land of dreams. Those I bring with me take a bit of my Name and act as Dreamwalkers themselves, and can act upon the Dreaming." Chuchu eats as she lets him digest this new information.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:12 pm
The nezumi looks pleased with his pronunciation, nodding happily. "Yes, that's right."

She takes another fistful of rice, humming. "It does, but the Dreaming acts upon its dreamers, not the other way around. I am a Dreamwalker -- what your people might call a pathfinder in the land of dreams. Those I bring with me take a bit of my Name and act as Dreamwalkers themselves, and can act upon the Dreaming." Chuchu eats as she lets him digest this new information.
Akutou nods. "Y' see, that, I get. I do trailblazin' an' pathfindin' f'r th' Stag, so that makes sense t' me.

"An' dreams've been acted upon hereabouts, t' be sure. I ain't been hit yet, but a lotta folks've been, an' it ain't been a blessin'."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:14 pm
"An' dreams've been acted upon hereabouts, t' be sure. I ain't been hit yet, but a lotta folks've been, an' it ain't been a blessin'."
Her ears lower as does her gaze. "Yes... has anyone here become corrupted by the Rot?"

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:18 pm
Her ears lower as does her gaze. "Yes... has anyone here become corrupted by the Rot?"
"Depends on whatcha mean by therot, er, thRt, dammit!, the Rot."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:18 am
"Depends on whatcha mean by therot, er, thRt, dammit!, the Rot."
"You got it that last time," She murmurs. Her voice is lower now, concerned. "The Harbinger. The -- the corruption in the Dreaming. I know it's been seeping into this world. Twisting things. Rotting things."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:23 am
"You got it that last time," She murmurs. Her voice is lower now, concerned. "The Harbinger. The -- the corruption in the Dreaming. I know it's been seeping into this world. Twisting things. Rotting things."
Akutou sucks his teeth.

"Couldn't tell you, Friend-of-Humans," he says. "I'd guess there're some here as've been touched, an' I'd be surprised ain't at least one here been touched deep. But gone all the way? I just don't know."

He shakes his head.

"An' I know it's worrisome."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:36 am
"An' I know it's worrisome."
"Once I've seen the chieftains, I can start trying to purify those who have been touched by the corruption. I just need to know who, and who to prioritize."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:06 am
"Once I've seen the chieftains, I can start trying to purify those who have been touched by the corruption. I just need to know who, and who to prioritize."
Akutou considers.

"You might could seek out Jiyo Sora," he says, because the events of the evening have not happened yet. "There're some as stand higher'n him with some groups, but s' far as I know, he stands highest wi' th' Emperor--our parallel t' your Chief-of-Chiefs."

He pauses.

"If I recall what all th' O-Iemoto said, he knows your Chief-of-Chiefs, too. He an' th' O-Iemoto went inta Hell t'gether, along wi' your guy."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:31 pm
"If I recall what all th' O-Iemoto said, he knows your Chief-of-Chiefs, too. He an' th' O-Iemoto went inta Hell t'gether, along wi' your guy."
Chuchu's whole body perks as she chitters, "Yes! I met Sorarora! His dream was strong strong! Strongest strong of humans I've met!" Her tail wags a bit at the memory. She can't wait to see Sooty again in one of her dreams. "He told me the story, too! Many of my family were there!"

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:33 pm
Chuchu's whole body perks as she chitters, "Yes! I met Sorarora! His dream was strong strong! Strongest strong of humans I've met!" Her tail wags a bit at the memory. She can't wait to see Sooty again in one of her dreams. "He told me the story, too! Many of my family were there!"
"He's done an' seen a lot, t' be sure," Akutou agrees. "Not surprised he'd be s' rooted. But if'n you've already--wait, it's just in th' dream. We'll hafta find 'im in th' flesh, an' soon."

Not that Akutou knows a damn thing about Sora's whereabouts at this point.