Saru Shang

Re: [Day 1 - Late Afternoon] Back to Civilization

Post by Saru Shang »

"I would imagine that if I would be put in such a place, then the fates thought that I had an important story to tell!" She chuckled with a careless shrug of her shoulders. "But who knows if that would be a long or a short tale. Some tales are short and important but they tend to be more cautionary ones. The consolation is that they will be inspiring nevertheless. We can only colour in the piece of the parchment that we've been given. I know there's a Saru who has taken to writing on a grain of rice as an artform. A bit of a waste of food but you can understand the novelty, surely."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"It certainly is novel." He offered after a moment a perplexed look on his face. "But how are you supposed to read it?" Or was the point that it was not supposed to be read? Well, artists could be strange at time.

"As for your tale, perhaps it has something to do with your art? It could be you are here so you can put the scenes you see to paper. So the entire Empire can see the events that transpired here."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"You can't ever read your own tale, I suppose. That more or less is also the case when it comes to real life. At least, something that a sempai said once regarding not reading your own work after it's finished. It leaves too much room for regrets and second-guessing. Of course, you could seek to improve if you know your own work. As for the point, the point is to be read by others and let them make judgement. Let them take the canvas to interpretation and how it applies to them, like most lessons in life," she nodded at that.

"I apologize if my analogies are growing too big here...but yes, my art!" She exclaimed with a raised hand. "This was brought up by Satsuki and that would be a grandiose honour. I'm...just trying to gather the inspiration at the moment, wherever I can. In fact, there was the idea of making art for those here, while we're all waiting for that fated day. I'm sure the Thunders and those here would like a loving memory of the past or inspiration to forge ahead to the future!"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"Certainly." Kenji agreed with a nod. She certainly was grandiose in her descriptions, but he didn't really mind. "Maybe a mural or something on one of the buildings? As a start that is. I'm not sure what you would paint, or which wall you would go with if you decided such a thing. It would certainly bring some cheer to this place though."

Cheer that this fog certainly seemed to suck away. "So I'm sure whoever becomes Thunders would think of it as a boon."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"I've scarcely even spoken to any of the locals around here. They would have spared a wall for me to paint, to begin with. That said, a lot of the architecture here seems rather advanced already...so a finely smoothed-down stone wall would be perfect for something like that. I digress, however, it's certainly an idea!"

She nodded at that point. "Oh, most certainly! To be the sole representative of your Clan and be written into history by participation alone, is a great pinnacle that people in my livelihood wish for their entire lives. Whether or not you make it out, that's another issue, but the least in your concern. Provided that we succeed here...you'll be made immortal either way. You'll be in history forever for centuries to come. I suppose, thinking it that way, you should have nothing to be afraid of."

Description

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"I suppose so." He replied with a soft chuckle. "Though I must admit you've certainly given more thought to this matter then I. As I've still not made a step past the present."

"You are right about the buildings though, they do seem rather advanced, so flat and smooth. So heres hoping you get to decorate them somehow before our ti.e here is through."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Here's hoping I find inspiration to know what to decorate them with, Akodo-san," she said with a few taps of her chin as she considered that thought, her gaze wandering to scan the streets. "On that note, I should return to my stroll through the village, not that there's all that much to see. Just a few more streets but maybe inspiration is just an avenue away!

She bowed politely to excuse herself. "Thank you very much for the conversation."

Description

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"Thank you as well Saru-san." He replied before offering the older woman a bow. "I enjoyed our conversation, and wish you luck in your artistic endeavors."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Thank you! And have a great day, Akodo-san!" She wished him back and made her leave."

/exit

Description