Isawa Kyosei

Any wheels for sale? (D4, MM, open)

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei had managed to repair the broken wheel on his cart, but it was very jerry-rigged, and he had to travel slowly so as not to break it again.

So, he found himself looking around the market for a woodwright. Maybe a barrel maker? Anyone talented with wood beyond his own meager skills. So, he explored.

Also, though the layout was very nearly the same, and the people looked similar, when he looked closely, he didn't recognize any of the workers and merchants.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Nozomi

Re: Any wheels for sale? (D4, MM, open)

Post by Nozomi »

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:45 am
Kyosei had managed to repair the broken wheel on his cart, but it was very jerry-rigged, and he had to travel slowly so as not to break it again.

So, he found himself looking around the market for a woodwright. Maybe a barrel maker? Anyone talented with wood beyond his own meager skills. So, he explored.

Also, though the layout was very nearly the same, and the people looked similar, when he looked closely, he didn't recognize any of the workers and merchants.
Well, she wasn't a wagon wright, but she had two hands at the very least. Nozomi, currently unaware of some of the horrific events earlier but with a nagging feeling that she hadn't seen two particular people around town today so far, was walking along the streets with an ever increasingly nervous gait to her. She caught sight of the Isawa and breathed a sigh of relief.

"You have no idea how good it is to see a familiar face right now, Isawa-sama," she said as she made her way over to him. "I'm glad you're here right now."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei jerked slightly at the voice, then turned and gave a startled nod. "Nozomi? Ah, that is, Nozomi-san? Another I know here. And those I expected not here. Ah, good morning. Have you eaten yet?" He calls up his memory for a food stand or the like nearby that he might have seen.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:54 pm
Kyosei jerked slightly at the voice, then turned and gave a startled nod. "Nozomi? Ah, that is, Nozomi-san? Another I know here. And those I expected not here. Ah, good morning. Have you eaten yet?" He calls up his memory for a food stand or the like nearby that he might have seen.
"Was about to get something, if you were hungry. And you're going to find yourself surrounded by old, familiar faces I fear. We never meet under pleasant circumstances after all, do we?" The world always did seem to be on the verge of collapse at a time like this, did it not?
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Definitely hungry. I have some rations, and food in my cart, but those would require heating, and with the weather as it is, why not let another do that? Also, I thought I knew this village - I was heading to a village set up very much like that that I traveled through about 4 years ago. But, none of the villagers I have seen are actually the ones I knew from then." He followed along as they moved towards a food stall.

"So, you are here. I have spoken with Sora. Who else should I expect. An old crow, perhaps?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:08 am
"Definitely hungry. I have some rations, and food in my cart, but those would require heating, and with the weather as it is, why not let another do that? Also, I thought I knew this village - I was heading to a village set up very much like that that I traveled through about 4 years ago. But, none of the villagers I have seen are actually the ones I knew from then." He followed along as they moved towards a food stall.

"So, you are here. I have spoken with Sora. Who else should I expect. An old crow, perhaps?"
"The old crow and Shinsei are here. Matsu as well, if you recall her, along with several others. We're at the risk of running into far too much destiny for anyone's tastes." She motioned for him to follow, having recalled where one of the food stalls was. 'but destiny won't find us on an empty stomach, will it? Come, let's go find something to eat while we catch up. You being here can't be a coincidence."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei makes a face. "I think I'm less of a fan of Destiny than ever before. Especially if it caused the wheel of my cart to break. Three times! Not sure why I would have been drawn here, though. Neither you nor the Crow's perch saw anything much about me worth being involved." When they reach the stall, he drops enough money to easily cover both of them. He doesn't really flaunt it, but he is quite a wealthy person, in the end.

"I do recall Matsu, yes. That one, yes, that one I could see as one of those so cursed with Destiny."