Otomo Akutou

Re: (D4, EE) Adaptation is Human (open)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou makes sure to step back.

No need to encourage people to hit him with heavy, pointy sticks.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Honestly? You might be right. I'm envisioning everything from the point of view of a dream warrior. In the dream, things have to be exceptional or to not be. In the mortal realm, a certain degree of good enough can indeed big good enough.

This place appears to play by both rules at once. Finding a middle path between flaunting with the impossible and doing the bare minimum might be the wisest solution there."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara chuckled. "I cannot let the perfect become the enemy of the good. A Ningen-do aphorism."

Settling back on the porch and setting her weapon the side, she added, "I appreciate your effort... and your insight. I simply have to make do - until the day I can do better."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"The fact you are now set on the future rather than ending half your sentences with a reference to your ineluctable doom gives me the greatest confidence in your ability to succeed in your endeavors."
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"You have perhaps encouraged me to think positively."

Yukara chuckled, glancing at Akutou, "And those who have helped me have broadened my perspective."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou scratches the back of his head.

It's possible he blushes slightly.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"If this is a romance thing, allow me to back out quietly from this conversation. That's one of the aspects of humanity whose study of I haven't planned to do before a few more years."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Miss?"

Now it is certain that Akutou blushes.

"I just ain't accustomed t'--don't matter none. Got work t' do here; much as I do love some comp'ny, an' much as it'd be good t' have somebody t' ride th' river with, ain't got th' luxury of th' distraction at th' moment."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

That drew a snort, and then a peal of laughter. Yukara winced at the motion, but could not help giggling, as she shook her head. "Ach, that makes three of us with no idea, then. Kai, Otomo-san, I do not wish to confuse either of you - I am not attempting to flirt at the moment."

Still chuckling, she added, "A thought which I have not even managed to consider, before coming here and meeting so many new and interesting people. In my earlier life, I assumed such matters were utterly distant from my own concerns."

Gazing out at the misty horizon, she added, more composed, "Perhaps when this is over, that is something I can learn more of."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou blows out a breath.

"That's a relief," he says. "I mean, I'd be open t' it in 'nother time an' place, t' be sure, but, like I said, now ain't th' time'r th' place."

As I said t' th' Princess afore I realized she's th' Princess, he reminds himself.

A grin touches his face. Wouldn't that just piss 'em all off?

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"One more reason to win and live then."