Togashi Satsuki

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:27 am
As she waits for the little wrapped cake, she studies the young Dragon woman. Not one of those she'd seen with the folks crossing the mountain to trade, but familiar. Cake in hand, she tromps closer, clearing her throat a bit. "Pardon, missy...you look familiar, but not quite. Any of your family traders?" Might be she was related to one of those groups. Wouldn't hurt to offer news of the thing they'd found on their path here.

And then there was a pause for the headwoman to officially start things. Given what she'd heard of the festival, Tai wanted to pay attention to whatever rituals were going to be performed.
Satsuki was looking up at the fireworks, easily distracted by their shiny sparkles and booms and glittering fires. Pretty fires. It made her smile as she thought of similar things back home, and then she noticed the older woman speaking to her. "Huh?"

"Oh." Realising she might've offended an elder, she was quick to bob her head in apology. "Sorry, I... was distracted for a moment. The fireworks. Uh, no... none of my immediate kin are traders, but many in my clan are. I'm Togashi Satsuki of the Dragon. My grandpa sometimes trades the armor he makes, but rarely makes the trip outside of our lands to do so."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao began to panic as she looked to the sky. She had forgotten there would be fireworks. The bloom of firiery color filled her eyes and her body twitched involuntarily and she fell to the ground.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:38 am
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:27 am
As she waits for the little wrapped cake, she studies the young Dragon woman. Not one of those she'd seen with the folks crossing the mountain to trade, but familiar. Cake in hand, she tromps closer, clearing her throat a bit. "Pardon, missy...you look familiar, but not quite. Any of your family traders?" Might be she was related to one of those groups. Wouldn't hurt to offer news of the thing they'd found on their path here.

And then there was a pause for the headwoman to officially start things. Given what she'd heard of the festival, Tai wanted to pay attention to whatever rituals were going to be performed.
Satsuki was looking up at the fireworks, easily distracted by their shiny sparkles and booms and glittering fires. Pretty fires. It made her smile as she thought of similar things back home, and then she noticed the older woman speaking to her. "Huh?"

"Oh." Realising she might've offended an elder, she was quick to bob her head in apology. "Sorry, I... was distracted for a moment. The fireworks. Uh, no... none of my immediate kin are traders, but many in my clan are. I'm Togashi Satsuki of the Dragon. My grandpa sometimes trades the armor he makes, but rarely makes the trip outside of our lands to do so."
Tai returns the head bob, eyes still on the sky. Something's off... But there's an answer expected.

"Name rings a..." And then there was a child on the ground in some sort of seizure. "Damn! That's not auspicious." The cake is shoved into the same pouch she draws a rolled packet of herbs from as she turns to try helping the kid.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Togashi Satsuki

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:40 am
Nao began to panic as she looked to the sky. She had forgotten there would be fireworks. The bloom of firiery color filled her eyes and her body twitched involuntarily and she fell to the ground.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:46 am
"Name rings a..." And then there was a child on the ground in some sort of seizure. "Damn! That's not auspicious." The cake is shoved into the same pouch she draws a rolled packet of herbs from as she turns to try helping the kid.
Satsuki's attention followed Tai's, and then she panicked. The half-eaten rice cake was promptly forgotten as she joined the older woman in rushing to Nao's side. "Nao-chan!"

She quickly made sure that there was nothing nearby that Nao could hurt herself with by thrashing against it or grabbing. "It's... an epileptic seizure."

-------

D1 ME Untrained Medicine to help Nao (wtf is Epilepsy, what do I doooo???) | 4k4 ⇒ 26

I am going to assume that 26 should do the trick to at least know some basics. :?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

A few moments passed before the Bat's body began to relax and dhe closed her eyes. Her breathing calmed and she slowly sat up.

"Th-thank you." She spoke quietly.

- - -
The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME], Epilepsy, Willpower roll 2 | 3k3 ⇒ 18 (TN: 10)
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:40 am
This drew Yukara, distracting from anything else she might have seen. She materialized behind the two helping the girl, her expression clouded - as if she was evaluating what she was seeing.

Was this a change... madness? Was this illness?

The knuckles of her right hand whitened on the shaft of her bisento, those of her left around the wooden orbs of her prayer beads, but she merely watched over the trio, blind to whatever else might happen for the time being.

As the fit ended, she just sighed imperceptibly and loosened her grip, though she still hovered behind the trio, veiled in shadow and watching.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Tai riffles through little packets, pulling out one with a soothing scent as the obviously capable Dragon works. She passes it down. "For the headache like to come after droppin' like that. Have a cousin gets those shakes."

She looks down. "So Nao, is it?" That one doesn't look familiar at all. Too young to have met on the road surely. "Hmm..you hit your head at all?" That was a worry in their rocky lands pretty much any time someone fell.

description

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"My head doesn't have as far to fall as my siblings or cousins." she laughed weakly. "I should be alright. It happens sometimes . It used to happen to mom, too."

She looked up. "I am Ryoshun Nao."

Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:57 am
"Th-thank you." She spoke quietly.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:00 am
As the fit ended, she just sighed imperceptibly and loosened her grip, though she still hovered behind the trio, veiled in shadow and watching.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:04 am
Tai riffles through little packets, pulling out one with a soothing scent as the obviously capable Dragon works. She passes it down. "For the headache like to come after droppin' like that. Have a cousin gets those shakes."

She looks down. "So Nao, is it?" That one doesn't look familiar at all. Too young to have met on the road surely. "Hmm..you hit your head at all?" That was a worry in their rocky lands pretty much any time someone fell.
"Yeah, she's my cousin," she confirmed to Tai. "Seems like a shake from a seizure of some sort, right. Can't do much when it happens, but gotta make sure she's ok." Damnit, she didn't know Nao had it this bad. Foolish girl, what if this had happened when you traveled all alone here?! A part of her wanted to be angry at Nao, for clearly putting herself in danger like this, but she knew it would do no good to be angry at her now.

For now, Satsuki was too concerned with Nao to think about anyone hovering nearby, and if someone stared that was kind of natural. "Be careful, Nao-chan. You had a nasty fall. Take your time, and we'll get you to a bench under the roof, mhm? Do you have any medicine with you that you know helps you after a seizure?"
Theme | Profile

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"In my medicine kit." she nodded. "In my tent. That scent is nice, though."

She indicated the packet Tai had taken out.

"I just need a few minutes to rest. I'm sorry, for the trouble."

San nuzzled gently into her side.

Accompanied By| San

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

To understand a people it is best to see them in celebration or to see them in dire straits. Sugri was pleased that, at least for now, it would be the former.

Although he could not help but stand out in a crowd he did do his best to remain discrete, knowing he was alien in this scene, though not to the extent that it could be mistaken for suspicious behavior in itself... hopefully.

He, of course, found himself drawn to observing the feats of archery on display. He was pondering the etiquette of such observance, and perhaps participation, after the game was already afoot when the fireworks began.

Despite all the potential distractions his awareness, honed by years of study and well adapted to centering within chaos, was as keen as always.

(Succeed at Investigation, PM or Quote if approaching)
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:10 am
"My head doesn't have as far to fall as my siblings or cousins." she laughed weakly. "I should be alright. It happens sometimes . It used to happen to mom, too."

She looked up. "I am Ryoshun Nao."
Tai takes in the more formal introduction, happy to relinquish the packet of herbs. They were common enough at home. Bat were not quite neighbors, but still active enough in trade and diplomacy in the north to be a recognizable name. "I always say something similar to some of these giants we seem to have about since the siblings came around to take charge. There's benefits to bein' close to the earth. I'm Tai of the Kaiu." She glances around, asking "your mom about then? Imagine she'd at least want to know you're ok after that."

If her eyes narrowed a moment as they passed a bit of shadow, it could just be the glare from the fireworks booming above. Lots of folks running around this crowd.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:10 am
For now, Satsuki was too concerned with Nao to think about anyone hovering nearby, and if someone stared that was kind of natural. "Be careful, Nao-chan. You had a nasty fall. Take your time, and we'll get you to a bench under the roof, mhm? Do you have any medicine with you that you know helps you after a seizure?"
Tai nods. Getting under cover seemed wise and more protected. "Yep, a fall in this crowd could end badly if folks weren't careful of where they trampled."

description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

The porch was surprisingly clear.

Yukara had swept aside her own clutter, making space, and then stepped to the side.

She could be a considerate sentinel, albeit a creepy one.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She slowly stood and moved to the porch, offering Yukara a thankful smile.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:24 am
She glances around, asking "your mom about then? Imagine she'd at least want to know you're ok after that."
"No. Mom joined dad in meido a few years ago." she said.

Accompanied By| San

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Matsu found herself enjoying the beginning of the festival. Upon hearing that music would be there, she had gathered her flute, the one she had gotten from her father, and brought it with her. Enjoying the vibes of the music, she decided to join in. The distraction of playing kept her attention, and she failed to notice anything out of the ordinary.

(PM if approaching, please)
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:46 am
Goju doesn't know how to answer that question. "I am Hisomu Goju. Maybe long ago. My parents took me many places, including the Imperial city. But I have definitely heard much about you. My parents were among those who travelled to rescue Hisomu-kami. Though this is a happy festival, so I'd rather not dwell on the past." Goju felt this happiness would not last much longer for the common people. "I hope all is well."
"As well as can be expected, Hisomu-san"

He smiled warmly.

"And the better for being in good company, yes?"
Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:25 am
"Sora-san. Should I take your presence here as an indication of the Emperor's level of concern with Shinsei's gathering?"
"Ah, Makime-sama, as incisive as ever. Given the troubles of the Empire, the Boss could hardly send too many hands to attend what is presented as a simple festival. But sending a retainer he once trusted with the lives of his children seemed an acceptable use of available resources. Particularly given what we know of the prophecy of the Thunders. I note that you have done something similar- no large retinue, no organized staff of vassals."

He paused. Gave a single approving nod.

"Given what I saw on my trek through the Lion provinces to get here, I can say that you have trained your subordinates well."

He paused. His tone because simultaneously less formal, more friendly, but also more cautious.

"Speaking of whom, I trust your daughter is as well as can be expected for a samurai with her responsibilities in these trying times."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

[quote="Jiyo Sora" post_id=5102 time=1698122938 user_id=52

"Ah, Makime-sama, as incisive as ever. Given the troubles of the Empire, the Boss could hardly send too many hands to attend what is presented as a simple festival. But sending a retainer he once trusted with the lives of his children seemed an acceptable use of available resources. Particularly given what we know of the prophecy of the Thunders. I note that you have done something similar- no large retinue, no organized staff of vassals."

He paused. Gave a single approving nod.

"Given what I saw on my trek through the Lion provinces to get here, I can say that you have trained your subordinates well."

He paused. His tone because simultaneously less formal, more friendly, but also more cautious.

"Speaking of whom, I trust your daughter is as well as can be expected for a samurai with her responsibilities in these trying times."
[/quote]

Goju's eyes narrowed at the term Thunders. Did his parents ever say something? Not for the first time, he had wished he wasn't the failure in the family. This seems important. But he didn't want to interrupt Makime's response.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Makime

Post by Makime »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:00 am
Snip
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:48 am
Snip
"In that His Majesty and I are in agreement. My warriors are needed dealing with madness." Makime crossed her arms and frowned, "As for Ayano. One had better hope she is...I recalled her from her road project and placed her in charge of defending Shiro Makime. That is to say the first large settlement south of here. On the path to the Capital. So for both our sakes I hope she proves up to the task if it should come to that."

Her eyes narrow, "I am here because I wished to see for my own eyes what threat brought the stormcrow here. Enough of his pilgrims have passed through my lands to catch my interest."

As the fireworks start, Makime's eyes are drawn upwards. Her expression one of aggravation at the distraction. Perhaps disturbingly it changes to one of perplexation and then intense focus. That something now troubled the Lioness wasn't to hard to puzzle out, nor could its source be all that difficult to discern either.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:14 am
As the fireworks start, Makime's eyes are drawn upwards. Her expression one of aggravation at the distraction. Perhaps disturbingly it changes to one of perplexation and then intense focus. That something now troubled the Lioness wasn't to hard to puzzle out, nor could its source be all that difficult to discern either.
Whatever response Sora might have been brewing, he kept tight as the fireworks went off.

He had seen it too.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:14 am
Snip
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:19 am
Snip
Goju was trying to puzzle over who the stormcrow was when the fireworks began. He didn't notice anything unusual.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor