Jiyo Sora

Re: D2EA Event Commentary (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:19 am
"Well, it'd be nice to be one of the big Champions, but I'm no one important," Ayako said, looking a little downcast. "I don't have a drop of kami blood; I'm just a regular girl. There's no reason the monks would pick me over one of the real heroes of the Empire."
Han-Hei wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:37 am
“Are you any less committed than the kami’s children?” She asked.
"This 'real' hero of the Empire was born on some Fortune-forsaken hillside in the Spine of the World with no knowledge of the Kami's existence. I'd say your pedigree is at least as good as mine, if not better."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:06 am
"No clanmate despite their circumstances should be considered a burden," she responded.
"Ag'in, y' ain't wrong," Akutou replies. "But we c'n 'should' all over ourselves, as I've heard some old folks say, an' we'll still stink at th' end o' th' day."

He shrugs.

"But mebbe you're right about this bein' a chance t' improve matters. Might could be. S'pose it'll depend on how it all falls out."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Sugri wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:46 am
Sugri seems almost sheepish for a moment, "I must admit when I heard of Bishamon I thought one of your people was mispronouncing something I had told them. Now I see they were assuming the two were the same. So, while I had heard of one of these spirits, I cannot claim to actually know of them. As for our own gods most are benevolent, yes, though there are times they can show wrath and fury at mortal failings."
"So it is with the Fortunes," she nodded, observing the similarities and differences.

"The Kami are not the same as the Fortunes though, as they are children of Lady Sun and Lord Moon while the Fortunes have their own tasks and powers. They say there are over a thousand Fortunes, representing many small things in life, such as the Fortune of Fishermen, the Fortune of Fertility, or the Fortune of the Soil, and the winds, and the sea... I could go on. But the most important ones are the Seven Great Fortunes; Jurojin the Fortune of Longevity, Daikoku the Fortune of Wealth, Ebisu the Fortune of Honest Work, Hotei the Fortune of Contentment, and Fukurokujin the Fortune of Wisdom... and of course Benten and Bishamon that we already covered. We pray to them for blessings, but also to avoid their wraths, like in the case of the Fortune of Pestilence and Plagues. Oops, now I'm the one rambling, sorry I get easily carried away when it comes to these things. But I assume that it's similar with your gods too that there are many who stand for different things, yes?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Kai

Post by Kai »

Kai just walked around annoyed at his performance. He tried to find a place to seat to calm himself down. He knows he could have killed that thing in one shot but some reason his head is playing tricks on him. The man found a bench and took a seat to watch the others perform exceptionally better than him which probably annoyed him more but who knows.

/PM or quote if approached
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:39 pm
"Ag'in, y' ain't wrong," Akutou replies. "But we c'n 'should' all over ourselves, as I've heard some old folks say, an' we'll still stink at th' end o' th' day."

He shrugs.

"But mebbe you're right about this bein' a chance t' improve matters. Might could be. S'pose it'll depend on how it all falls out."
"And maybe you are right that it may just be a fact of life," she agreed. "It has made you the person you are now, and that is enough."
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Han-Hei wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:37 am
“Are you any less committed than the kami’s children?” She asked.
"Well... um..." Ayako stammered, uncertain how to answer this. "I think I'm committed to helping?"
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:14 am
"This 'real' hero of the Empire was born on some Fortune-forsaken hillside in the Spine of the World with no knowledge of the Kami's existence. I'd say your pedigree is at least as good as mine, if not better."
"Yes, but that was different," Ayako began, then paused and made a face as she heard her own words.

"Umm.... maybe you could tell us how a regular person can become a hero, Jiyo-sama," she said instead.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:19 pm
"And maybe you are right that it may just be a fact of life," she agreed. "It has made you the person you are now, and that is enough."
"A body c'n hope f'r such," Akutou says. "P'rhaps it'll be th' case."

He grins.

"It'd be int'restin' if'n it came down t' bein' able t' palm somethin' off, wouldn' it?"
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

That brought an earnest chuckle and said, "Now that would be quite the tale the great champion of Yume-Jigoku defeated by a hidden coin."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:54 pm
That brought an earnest chuckle and said, "Now that would be quite the tale the great champion of Yume-Jigoku defeated by a hidden coin."
Akutou snorts a laugh.

"What's this b'hind your ear? It's jade!"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:57 pm
Akutou snorts a laugh.

"What's this b'hind your ear? It's jade!"
"And that is how the Day of Thunder was won," she said with a pleased smile.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:06 pm
"And that is how the Day of Thunder was won," she said with a pleased smile.
"T'-da!" accompanies an open-mouthed smile and jazz hands.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji took his place at the back of the crowd, having already found the proper place to dispose of his slain effigy. There had been a pile at the back with a growing pile of the things. Though several had obviously been hacked at multiple times, not that such really mattered.

"No, I didn't really have to do it." He said to himself as he started another round of people watching. It was interesting to try and figure out what was in store.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:21 pm
"So it is with the Fortunes," she nodded, observing the similarities and differences.

"The Kami are not the same as the Fortunes though, as they are children of Lady Sun and Lord Moon while the Fortunes have their own tasks and powers. They say there are over a thousand Fortunes, representing many small things in life, such as the Fortune of Fishermen, the Fortune of Fertility, or the Fortune of the Soil, and the winds, and the sea... I could go on. But the most important ones are the Seven Great Fortunes; Jurojin the Fortune of Longevity, Daikoku the Fortune of Wealth, Ebisu the Fortune of Honest Work, Hotei the Fortune of Contentment, and Fukurokujin the Fortune of Wisdom... and of course Benten and Bishamon that we already covered. We pray to them for blessings, but also to avoid their wraths, like in the case of the Fortune of Pestilence and Plagues. Oops, now I'm the one rambling, sorry I get easily carried away when it comes to these things. But I assume that it's similar with your gods too that there are many who stand for different things, yes?"

"I had heard that your gods were children of the sun... I must admit I had hoped it was exaggeration. If they have fallen then I hope they fall no further into disfavor." He looks a little saddened at the thought, imagining this empire also buried beneath burning sand, "As for these fortunes they sound, perhaps, more like the devas. Not gods, in themselves, but spirits that serve a proper role within the world and the heavens."
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Sugri wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm
"I had heard that your gods were children of the sun... I must admit I had hoped it was exaggeration. If they have fallen then I hope they fall no further into disfavor." He looks a little saddened at the thought, imagining this empire also buried beneath burning sand, "As for these fortunes they sound, perhaps, more like the devas. Not gods, in themselves, but spirits that serve a proper role within the world and the heavens."
"Oh. Oh, no they're not fallen as in fallen from grace. Ah, I could tell you the story if you haven't heard it before? I'm not familiar with these devas of which you speak... but it sounds similar, yes. Like smaller gods, in a way."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:27 pm
"Yes, but that was different," Ayako began, then paused and made a face as she heard her own words.

"Umm.... maybe you could tell us how a regular person can become a hero, Jiyo-sama," she said instead.
"Bad judgment and lack of alternatives," he said with a wry smile. "I volunteered for the journey south for a number of reasons- wanting to be a hero was nowhere on the list. Reiko-sensei had taught me to read and opened a wider world to me. That formed a bond, and when she called for help to rescue Lord Hisomu, I had no real choice. The Boss wanted to go help rescue his brother, but we all knew that he would be running too high a risk, so I volunteered to go. He had trusted me with his children, after all, he trusted me to help save his brother. Then there was the matter of the creatures that had started to emerge from the Nezumi lands. I wanted to assess the threat."

He shrugged.

"So I was there, along with many, many others. And I can tell you, Yoshitsune-san, that it was nothing I did, no one deed that led to my selection as one of the four to accompany Lord Hantei. On that journey, everyone did their best. No one held back or refused to do what was necessary. There was a mountain of a man named Taochusu, a powerful Nezumi warrior named Ch'jakk'matt, Lord Nanzi, Hantei Kinsen, and many other great warriors. Togashi Nadere, Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe, and other skilled shugenja went with us. For scholarly types of a less mystical bent, we had Anjing Xia with us, and I'm sure I don't need to tell a Crab samurai who she is. My friedn Jiyo Ayumu was there, a warrior-scholar like Xia. My old friend Shinjo Koyama was there, and I saw him in the form of a mighty dragon by journey's end. So. The four of us chosen were not the most potent or the most powerful. But Shinsei saw in us things that made us the right choices. Seppun Dawei selflessly gave of himself- up to and including a woodcarving that had mystical qualities, given to the Nezumi without thought of reward or recompense. White Moonrise, despite his history with humanity, came to forgive and even trust some of us despite the well of anger in his heart. Old Man Yamadono's complete devotion to the protection of his family led to his selection. And me?"

He shook his head.

"It damned sure wasn't my good looks or skill with a blade. Shinsei said it was my devotion to seeking the truth. Four souls, in the right place, at the right time, and we helped on Kami rescue another."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:02 pm
"Oh. Oh, no they're not fallen as in fallen from grace. Ah, I could tell you the story if you haven't heard it before? I'm not familiar with these devas of which you speak... but it sounds similar, yes. Like smaller gods, in a way."
"That is... most reassuring. The devas are not gods but many serve the gods. They are spirits who have not lost their way and fallen to darkness. The latter we know as asuras - demons."
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:24 pm
"It damned sure wasn't my good looks or skill with a blade. Shinsei said it was my devotion to seeking the truth. Four souls, in the right place, at the right time, and we helped on Kami rescue another."
Ayako looked thoughtful. "So, being in the right place at the right time .... and then doing what needs to be done," she said. "Is... is that about right, Jiyo-sama? It seems too simple."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:48 am
Ayako looked thoughtful. "So, being in the right place at the right time .... and then doing what needs to be done," she said. "Is... is that about right, Jiyo-sama? It seems too simple."
"All there is to it. And please, no 'sama' here. My sense of self-worth is inflated enough as it is..."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“It’s already inflated from all the years of cushy living… Any more and he’ll pop.” She said with a smirk.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I crossed that crucial mark a couple of years ago, when I'd lived my present happy existence a couple of years longer than I'd scrambled around the Spine of the World hunting deer and stealing goats..."

Carries: