Shiba Kumori

Re: Family Shop (D1, LM)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I probably know less than most about all them… Been up north for a while before this past winter… training with Shosuro’s husband.” She replied.

“I’m sure they are all… abiding as best they can.” Han-Hei offered a smile that was a bit less bright than the ones before.

“I heard that the fiery birds have been out in more force as of late…” She said with a nod.

“That’s good. And I hope they are all safe… and keepin’ others safe with ‘em.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"How is Kakita-sama," she asked. "I would love to spar with him in the future." She added more quietly, "Shame we never caught that blasted demon..."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“He’s good enough. Ever the stick in the mud… But an honest and decent one.” She said with a nod.

“Yeah… Maybe that’s someone else’s job. I’m sure the uhh… boy would no doubt want to get vengeance on the creature that… uhh… killed his dad.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Hajime hopefully will never have that chance, I will find that monster and deal with it. He should be free of such a misery,” she said seriously.

“In this task, I cannot fail and will not.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I believe you.” She said with a nod and a smile.

“That cute little boy surely has other things to do. He’s got a world of possibilities. And it’s our job to make sure it stays that way.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Damn right, which brings me to another dreaded topic… your family angling to see you wed off? I know Dojihime has made ‘inquiries’ on my behalf. I would be surprised if they hadn’t tasked your babysitter to find you a suitable partner,” she said with some disdain.

“Not sure how the rumor got started but apparently I am the most eligible bachelorette here, if you believe the whispers.”

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Better you than me.” She said with a chuckle.

“There’s been no talk of weddings for me or my sisters yet though… I’d guess the oldest will probably go first. And my babysitter should know to think twice before sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong.” She said with a firm tone.

“But if you seem to be troubled and need an out… Just tell them you got the hots for the Foxy lady. Pretty sure that they won’t let us get married.”

She smiled, “And how could they ever make the child named ‘love’ go against her heart? It’ll buy you a week or two at least.”

She shook her head knowingly, “Though you’ve never been real good at fibbing.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Honesty was drummed into my soul."

"I have no deep thoughts on marriage, actually. That's not that scandalous, at least in our family. But I'll keep that trick close to my heart," she responded.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She nodded, “Me neither. Nothing against it I guess. I’m sure it’ll happen one day… Don’t want to end up like…”

She stopped herself from finishing the sentence. There was one person she didn’t want to end up like… but bad mouthing her outside the home was not something Kumori did.

“Like… you know… an old maid or something.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“And what’s wrong with an old maid, if said old maid lived a good life; enjoyed her times suffered her trials… in short she lived more than most,” she asked.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I guess. As long as it worth it for them…” She nodded.

“Never really thought that far into the future myself… But I don’t know… I’m not opposed to being loved… and givin’ that to someone in return. Doesn’t sound like a bad rap.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“You mean like a family, little fox-like children? I don’t find myself opposed to the idea and I see the way father lights up when he sees little Hajime,” she said warmly… of course in his case his eyes literally glow and light up, but that was a conversation for a distant… distant future.

“Can you imagine any of us as parents? I can barely believe that Anazihime has been a mother for three years now… promise me that if you do settle down, you will still visit though. Ugh, my biggest fear is that I am not as good as my parents in being a parent… a little child being completely dependent on me for everything.”

“I would rather face the Day of Thunder, naked, than consider that,” she offered. “Just like the Lion lands all over again, I blame Ikoma-sama.”

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I’d bet you he’d like to see you naked on the Day of Thunder too… That old sleezebag.” She said with a chuckle.

“I don’t know if I’ll ever ‘settle down’… But I don’t know if I’m gonna make it out of here either. Best to worry about the shit you’ve stepped in than the next cow pie on the road.”

She tilted her head in a playful manner, “You should write that down. Put it in your dad’s book of sayings.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“He has a certain charm for an older man,” she said with a warm mischievous smile.

“Best to worry about the shit you’ve stepped in than the next cow pie on the road, attributed to the wise and honorable Han-Hei of House Tricksy Fox. I will record it for posterity. The world will need such wisdom,” she said proudly.

“But you are right, none of us should be operating under the delusion that we all will survive this. Even if we succeed it may be one where still have to dig two graves,” she said as a matter of speaking.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You go ahead and keep Ikoma and his ‘charm’.” She said with a shaking of her head.

“As long as we make sure to put the bad guys in their grave first… We can fill our own one later.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:31 pm
“You go ahead and keep Ikoma and his ‘charm’.” She said with a shaking of her head.
She replied with a courtier’s smile, “Oh I would never take Ikoma-sama, he needs far too many partners and excuses for my tastes. His chambers may as well be a crossroads with all the people comings and goings; perhaps Doji Hikaru is more your speed, safe, reliable, a sturdy samurai husband fit for any tricky Fox.”
Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:31 pm
“As long as we make sure to put the bad guys in their grave first… We can fill our own one later.”
“I can drink to that,” she said warmly as they walked, “Just don’t get to the other side before me.”

“Tea of course.”

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She chuckled and shook her head, “Nah, I met Hikaru this morning. Seems like a nice guy from what I hear. Kakita likes him. Your mom likes him. But I’d bet he’d be more interested in a daughter of Doji than a fox… That level of consistent devotion over years and years… probably not just coming from one source in his body.”

She continued to walk with her cousin, “The stable and consistent type doesn’t really seem up my alley… Why don’t you take the poor man?”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Hikaru-senpai is like a brother, I could never… and he is a little too devoted to my Honored Mother, no… could not do it. Good man, of course but not for me. Nope,” she countered.

“His princess is in another castle, probably in the mountains…” she said trailing off.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Oh yeah? I see.” She nodded.

“Well that’s sure to be a handful. Seems like he may have a thing for taking the most difficult road possible.” She chuckled.

“I’ll be on the lookout for another Ikoma for you… Even just to keep you company.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I already have a Scorpion sharing my tent, it might get a little tight with so many under one roof,” she teased.