Canary

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Canary »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:45 pm
Having snagged a roasted sweet potato from one of the food stalls, Kenji made is way slowly towards the festival games, it had been a while since he had played any after all, and it might not be a bad way to spend some time. Eventually making his way towards the archery stand. He wasn't an amazing shot by any standards, but he was at least good, and it seemed a nice way to pass the time.
The village children, who've mostly been the ones there so far, gather around. "Samurai-sama, are you a real archer?" "I bet he can get a bullseye every shot!" "Nuh-uh! Nobody can do that!"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

A festival!

Satsuki was drawn to the food right away, and she happily got some warm rice cakes that reminded her of the kind she had eaten at home. The young Dragon was happily milling around with her guqin in its cover on her back as she ate.

(PM if approached pls)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Most real archers couldn't manage that feat, little ones. Archery has so many variables... it takes being one with your bow and arrows to achieve perfection, and that's not something that's easy to maintain."

A short samurai, not much taller than the older boy who has spoken up, chimed in. She was looking at the archery targets with a mix of interest and amusement.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"And I'm more of a swordsman by trade." Kenji replied with a polite nod to the woman that had made her way over. "But I've been known to hit the bullseye more often then some." He said to the children, perhaps not wanting to disappoint them completely.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou's ears perk up at the talk of archery, and he makes his way over.

"There shootin' goin' on?" he asks, clear interest in his voice.

Then he sees who's there, touches the brim of his hat. "Miss Reiko, ma'am."

And a nod to the other, the one with the sweet potato, another touch of the brim. "Otomo Akutou," he says, by way of introduction. "'Nother shootist?"
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Sukuna

Post by Sukuna »

Sukuna wanders around the game stalls, watching people do various games with the hint of a smile. Not much she would be very good at herself, but it’s fun to watch others play.

And the music coming from the villagers with their instruments? Sukuna couldn’t stop herself from wandering towards them to watch and listen for a bit before moving on in her festival wanderings.

It’s certainly been a long time since the monk had been in a village festival.
Monk • Enlightened • Red of Hair • Eyes of Jade
Honor: What is expected | Status: Monk | Glory: 2.0

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:12 pm

And a nod to the other, the one with the sweet potato, another touch of the brim. "Otomo Akutou," he says, by way of introduction. "'Nother shootist?"
Kenji offered a respectful nod to the Otomo. "Akodo Kenji." HE said in return before looking towards the practice bows for a moment. "Me? I'm not a bad shot, but i wouldn't call myself a shootist." His eyes shifted io his sword for a moment. "I spend more time with the blade then the bow."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:26 pm
Kenji offered a respectful nod to the Otomo. "Akodo Kenji." HE said in return before looking towards the practice bows for a moment. "Me? I'm not a bad shot, but i wouldn't call myself a shootist." His eyes shifted io his sword for a moment. "I spend more time with the blade then the bow."
"Pleased t' make your acquaintance," Akutou replies.

He adds "It's the converse f'r me. I spend more time with a bow than a sword. Works better huntin'."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:12 pm

"I can't say I'm a bad shot either. Being on the smaller and frailer side meant it was always more emphasized in my training than the blade. Not sure what exactly a 'shootist' is though; Not a term I'm familiar with..."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:37 pm
"I can't say I'm a bad shot either. Being on the smaller and frailer side meant it was always more emphasized in my training than the blade. Not sure what exactly a 'shootist' is though; Not a term I'm familiar with..."
"It's someone who shoots well," Akutou offers. "Used t' hear 'bout one named Chonwein, lived back afore the Kami came. It were said he c'd shoot an arrow an' pin a cricket's wings t' th' wall. But then, y' know how tales grow in th' tellin'."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:37 pm
The woman did look a little like she was going to fall over any minute now with how pale she was, not that Kenji would say such a thing out loud. So it made sense at least to him. "I think it's an Archer, Reiko-san." He said after a moment, that's what had made sense to him at least. Nodding along to the man's explanation as it came. It seemed he was close.

"But seems we have a couple actual archers here." He said with a glance between the two before glancing towards the practice bows. "Should we test which one of you can win these children the better prize?"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:40 pm
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:43 pm
snip
Ohta found herself looking over at the prizes for the first time curiously. It hadn't even been part of what had interested her. But she supposed if she was participating in what was essentially a 'game', that it only made sense to make it more exciting for the children somehow. At least the younger ones; Hopefully the older ones could appreciate the art of things.

"Well I'm no shootist then, if it involves being able to shoot the wings off an insect. I'd not believe that sort of thing unless I saw it really. Just like I'd not believe either one of you two hitting a bullseye with every shot unless I saw it. That's just me being a skeptic though. I'd love to be proven wrong though, almost as much as I'm sure the children would appreciate the donations."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:43 pm
snip
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:49 pm
snoop
"I might c'd shoot some," Akutou allows. "Though I ain't a man o' legends, t' be sure."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"A lot can be made of a little. It's hard to say if the cricket was alive, or even far away in that kind of story." He offered a smile to the pair before making his way towards the stand. "Still, it's nice to have those type of stories around, and could be one of us might hit all bullseyes in this festival game."

"I wonder what we would say then?" He mused mostly to himself. Before picking up a bow and after a few moments firing a shot at a target.

Play Archery. Tn 10 for standing target. 3 called raises to aim for a bullseye! Void, because sometimes it's important to try and show off for children. | 7k4 ⇒ 31 (TN: 25)

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:22 pm
"I would be honored to play alongside such esteemed company," she offered as well to the players and the Crab and other musicians.
"Welcome!" the Crab musician said, as she moved to enlarge the circle to include Ai.
Canary wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:27 pm
"That's wonderful! I'm so happy you want to participate. It's an honor," the girl says to Ai and ayako, picking up her shamisen. "It's called 'Shin Jidai*', and I can play you the melody. You can play that alongside me, or you're welcome to improvise a harmony."

She begins playing a fast, cheerful tune, the other musicians staying quiet for the moment as she demonstrates.
Ayako listened carefully, then tried to duplicate the shamisen player's melody. The Crab woman isn't able to play quite as fast, making the tempo a little uneven, but she plays her lute with enthusiasm and mostly gets it right.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Canary

Post by Canary »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:07 pm
"A lot can be made of a little. It's hard to say if the cricket was alive, or even far away in that kind of story." He offered a smile to the pair before making his way towards the stand. "Still, it's nice to have those type of stories around, and could be one of us might hit all bullseyes in this festival game."

"I wonder what we would say then?" He mused mostly to himself. Before picking up a bow and after a few moments firing a shot at a target.

Play Archery. Tn 10 for standing target. 3 called raises to aim for a bullseye! Void, because sometimes it's important to try and show off for children. | 7k4 ⇒ 31 (TN: 25)
The children all cheer when he hits the bullseye. "Akodo-sama is amazing!"

The children look excitedly at the other people around the target, practically bouncing in their sandals.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akodo Kenji wrote:

"We'd say we ought've placed bigger bets," Akutou laughs as Kenji's shot strikes true.

Then Akutou takes up another bow and puts his arrow right next to Kenji's--enough that he shaves some of the fletching from it.

He does a double-take.

"Much bigger bets."

He looks to Ohta. "Your turn, ma'am."

(Taking the same shot Kenji did and succeeding at 37, https://sakkaku.org/d10-rolls/10860)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:10 pm
"Welcome!" the Crab musician said, as she moved to enlarge the circle to include Ai.
"Honored greetings, Crab-sama, may we may beautiful music together," he proclaimed.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:40 pm
-snip-
Akodo Kenji wrote:
-snip-
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:49 pm
snip

"You're making friends Ohta-chan?" Reo drops in, seeing the group. He picks up one of the toy bows and checks the draw weight. "I'll be honest, I am bit surprised to see so many archers. I had thought the art was losing steam."

Reo lines up a shot, trying to one up the Akodo.

Market Archery contest: still target TN 10 with 4 raises, Gaze of Sun Tao technique (modified) | 9k4+5 ⇒ 42 (TN: 30)
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
snip
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:13 pm
snip
Ohta cleared her throat; Well, they certainly didn't aim low, if she would excuse herself the pun. She would need to make sure to not dishonor her school or the Spider by not stepping up here.

"Oh please. If that were the case, we might just as well chock it up to spiritual destiny."

She watches Reo step up and land between the other two arrows, squinting and shaking her head. Then, closing her eyes, Ohta spread her sandaled feet lightly, pulled back... and the arrow thunked onto the end of her sensei's.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:21 pm
snip
"Hisomu-SENSEI, I am not a child anymore."

(same shot at Akodo and Otomo, got in with a 42)