Togashi Satsuki

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:41 am
"Not so different from tea that way. But with the nightmares? Lot's of folks findin' they run out of energy before they run out of day, so I imagine it's still in use there, even if most of us walked north." She nods a bit. "Pretty sure all I can say is they looked younger then. All of us did. You've brothers too then? older or younger?"

There's a slow nod. "Shinsei said there'd be a last stand here. I know he said days, but never trust predictions out of nowhere like that." She looks out across the market, letting the feel of the place seep through. "I think we'd catch a sign of something getting this far into the village before it made it here though. We're not all young enough to dance like that. Can keep a wary eye and ear instead."
"Even my dad? He got this air of unchanging to him, just like all his siblings," then she giggled at a thought that popped into her head, "but I guess even parenthood makes a Kami lined in the face."

It was kind of strange how peaceful this village seemed to be compared to the rumors going around the countryside of entire towns lost to madness. Maybe there was something to it.

"Mm, I have two brothers! Hoshi is my twin-brother, we've both seen twenty-two winters now, and our younger brother, Taiyo. This was his eighteenth winter. Compared to some of my cousins, we're a small family, but there's lots of love and happiness!" That kava was certainly making her more energetic and chatty.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:30 pm

“It’s easy Ryoshun-san, just move the hips, and then one foot after another. One foot after the other, relax a little, you are among friends,” she said warmly as she played.
Yukara didn't dance, precisely. She did tap her foot to the music and observe from somewhat closer.

It was a start.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:33 pm
Yukara didn't dance, precisely. She did tap her foot to the music and observe from somewhat closer.

It was a start.
“Yes… now you are getting it, tap that foot, feel the rhythm dance down the leg into the earth!” she said warmly.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Makime wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:44 pm
Makime turned back to look at the man, "Is drugging festival goers a common occurrence in your lands? No matter. I assume even if it is there was some level of consent before hand." Her eyes went back to the crowds, "Do either of you see anything that suggests there is more to this? So far I have noticed nothing else."
"Well, I don't exactly party like that since joining the Spider, but some people I have known in my life before I became one, I wouldn't be surprised. Well, at them doing such thing. Them coming up with an inventive idea like that would have been surprising. And no. Those type wouldn't have cared or would have assumed everyone expected it. Easiest to just ask a peasant if this is tradition here."

Goju shrugs. "I could see getting the enemy high being useful."

Goju expected to be dispatched to ask some peasant. With the Imperial babysitter and two Family Heads, he was a little out of his league. For now at least.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:29 pm

"Even my dad? He got this air of unchanging to him, just like all his siblings," then she giggled at a thought that popped into her head, "but I guess even parenthood makes a Kami lined in the face."

It was kind of strange how peaceful this village seemed to be compared to the rumors going around the countryside of entire towns lost to madness. Maybe there was something to it.

"Mm, I have two brothers! Hoshi is my twin-brother, we've both seen twenty-two winters now, and our younger brother, Taiyo. This was his eighteenth winter. Compared to some of my cousins, we're a small family, but there's lots of love and happiness!" That kava was certainly making her more energetic and chatty.
Tai chuckles, a low gravely sound. "Yeah, Hida's still got those dumb good looks he started with. Built like Kaiu's walls. I imagine your dad is still inhumanely pretty then. Maybe he let a grey hair grow, worryin' about you kids." She keeps an eye on the ever wilder party. Even without the kava, everyone here knows what was said earlier this morning by the little monk. There's an energy she's seen before big raids around the fire. Some of your dancing partners won't be here soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Dance and celebrate being alive now, make even the earth dance under your feet.

She breathes deep despite the musty smoke--treacherous airs--spreading her toes against the earth beneath this porch overhang. And focuses on the family talk. These children of the so-called gods come to mortal realms. "Not everyone's made for lots of kids. Even these kami seem to run from large to small families. Better to count in lives you can keep whole and raise well. You're all grown then, some of the first of that generation. At least your folks aren't nearly done. Won't just leave you with whatever mess we have when this is done."

"Because even winnin'...how many have learned not to trust those they love because their dreams may change them overnight?" Dark in dark eyes fix on Satsuki's "There's a lot to heal. And if we lose, a lot to salvage. And this is a very strange place for a last stand." She doesn't feel the invigoration of the kava, but she's never had trouble speaking her mind. "You know they don't let folks into their shrine here? I'm a little worried havin' an enshrined spirit that we won't know anythin' about as this fight finds us."
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:04 pm
She met his gaze back, “Are you?”
Her eyes held a shimmering directness through the eyeholes of her mask, “You ready to care? To be serious… Not glum serious… Intent serious… Caring serious.”
"You'll have to ask me tomorrow", he said, starting to look a little hazy-eyed. "Whatever that smell is has made me not care about a great deal."
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:44 pm
"You'll have to ask me tomorrow", he said, starting to look a little hazy-eyed. "Whatever that smell is has made me not care about a great deal."
There’s that mask again…

She turned to face the scene of merriment again… with a slightly more tightly set jaw.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:53 pm
There’s that mask again…

She turned to face the scene of merriment again… with a slightly more tightly set jaw.
That didn't completely escape his notice, and he lifted a hand to try to get her attention, but explaining anything right then was probably just going to make her more annoyed.

So he decided to change gears.

"You see anything else interesting today? Trusting this place at all yet?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:00 pm
That didn't completely escape his notice, and he lifted a hand to try to get her attention, but explaining anything right then was probably just going to make her more annoyed.

So he decided to change gears.

"You see anything else interesting today? Trusting this place at all yet?"
She was slow to respond to his question… perhaps giving herself a moment to modulate her tone properly.

“There are things here that I trust… And things that deserve our skepticism. People I can trust… and ones that I am not decided on yet.” She said without looking at him.

“Creepy graveyard with voices in the wind… Check it out if you’re looking for a bit of self-doubt testing.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:14 pm
She was slow to respond to his question… perhaps giving herself a moment to modulate her tone properly.

“There are things here that I trust… And things that deserve our skepticism. People I can trust… and ones that I am not decided on yet.” She said without looking at him.

“Creepy graveyard with voices in the wind… Check it out if you’re looking for a bit of self-doubt testing.”
"Forest was the saaame", he added with a chuckle that didn't belong with the comment. "Ahh...this place is great and awful, isn't it?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:29 pm
Tai chuckles, a low gravely sound. "Yeah, Hida's still got those dumb good looks he started with. Built like Kaiu's walls. I imagine your dad is still inhumanely pretty then. Maybe he let a grey hair grow, worryin' about you kids." She keeps an eye on the ever wilder party. Even without the kava, everyone here knows what was said earlier this morning by the little monk. There's an energy she's seen before big raids around the fire. Some of your dancing partners won't be here soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Dance and celebrate being alive now, make even the earth dance under your feet.

She breathes deep despite the musty smoke--treacherous airs--spreading her toes against the earth beneath this porch overhang. And focuses on the family talk. These children of the so-called gods come to mortal realms. "Not everyone's made for lots of kids. Even these kami seem to run from large to small families. Better to count in lives you can keep whole and raise well. You're all grown then, some of the first of that generation. At least your folks aren't nearly done. Won't just leave you with whatever mess we have when this is done."

"Because even winnin'...how many have learned not to trust those they love because their dreams may change them overnight?" Dark in dark eyes fix on Satsuki's "There's a lot to heal. And if we lose, a lot to salvage. And this is a very strange place for a last stand." She doesn't feel the invigoration of the kava, but she's never had trouble speaking her mind. "You know they don't let folks into their shrine here? I'm a little worried havin' an enshrined spirit that we won't know anythin' about as this fight finds us."
Dumb looks. Not many had the guts to say that about Hida, but the fact that Tai did spoke well of her spirit... and that Hida probably liked the old woman too. He always liked the honest ones, she remembered.

The strange smells, now that she was growing more aware of them, tickled the inside of her nostrils, and rather unladylike she rubbed her nose against her sleeve. "Mom says that it's a good sign for the first generation of the Empire that so many more children are growing up healthy now. She tells me a lot of stories of how things used to be back in the day, before the Kami - both the good and the bad. With that in mind, I don't think they intend to leave us with any sort of mess? Or, I think they hope they've taught us well enough to stand on our own when that time comes..." her words trailed off, as a worry sunk into her previously good cheer. What if something happened to her parents while she was here?

At least Tai was quick to distract her dark thoughts, and she looked at the smaller but older woman. "Yeah, I... I know. I tried to go there earlier today, but the way was barred. I'm as curious as they get, but I don't wanna intrude on holy places. But it feels wrong. Hm, and I did some talking with the air kami earlier too, and something doesn't quite seem right here. Auntie Anjing told me to talk with you, actually."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:18 pm
"Forest was the saaame", he added with a chuckle that didn't belong with the comment. "Ahh...this place is great and awful, isn't it?"
“I think the monks would call it… auspicious.” She replied.

She let out a breath through her nostrils.

What is making people this wasted…

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:46 pm
“I think the monks would call it… auspicious.” She replied.

She let out a breath through her nostrils.

What is making people this wasted…
"That's the word, a'yep." He sat up straight again, putting on a serious face. "You know what I forgot to ask this morning?" he said aloud. "If the river is bad, where the fuck do these idiots get their water?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“The wells. I hauled some last night.” She replied.

“For some reason it seems the water ducts under the earth are still pure.”

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:53 pm
“The wells. I hauled some last night.” She replied.

“For some reason it seems the water ducts under the earth are still pure.”
"RIght? Well where in Jigoku is the river water coming from?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:59 pm
"RIght? Well where in Jigoku is the river water coming from?"
“Where in Jigoku? Not too familiar with the geography of hell to be honest.” She replied with a smirk.

“Higher up.” She replied simply.

“Something polluting the river closer to its source…”

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 pm
“Where in Jigoku? Not too familiar with the geography of hell to be honest.” She replied with a smirk.

“Higher up.” She replied simply.

“Something polluting the river closer to its source…”
"Sure, obviously, but did anyone in the village have an idea of where the river source is?" he asked. "Maybe it comes from up where the shrine is, Chouri-san said it was dedicated to Inari, but then why guards that keep you out?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:07 pm
"Sure, obviously, but did anyone in the village have an idea of where the river source is?" he asked. "Maybe it comes from up where the shrine is, Chouri-san said it was dedicated to Inari, but then why guards that keep you out?"
“Could use some further investigation…” She replied.

“Follow the river up stream… Until the forest plants us back in the village.”

Bayushi Norikage

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 pm
“Could use some further investigation…” She replied.

“Follow the river up stream… Until the forest plants us back in the village.”
"Sounds right, oh did I tell you? I met a cat in the woods. She was tell for a cat in the way you're tall for a fox."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:14 pm
"Sounds right, oh did I tell you? I met a cat in the woods. She was tell for a cat in the way you're tall for a fox."
“How interesting…” She replied.

It’s never fun being the only sober one.

“Surprised you didn’t end up with scratch marks on your face.”