Haka Soju

Festival Performance (D1 EA)

Post by Haka Soju »

A small raised platform had been built near the center of the market, and a crowd of villagers had gathered around it to hear Soju sing. Despite being a Socrpion, she looked much more like a tribal, with a dress that was decorated with small, lightly clattering bones. A few of the villagers spoke with her about the upcoming song, expressing their hopes that it would make for a good start to their festival.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Spiritsinger • Tribal • One-Eyed • Destined • Terrible Mother

Carries: Extravagant Clothing, Tanto, Bone Comb (in hair), Chopsticks, Fan, Coin Purse

Nanzi Ai

Re: Festival Performance (D1 EA)

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai arrived to see the Scorpion in action, she was eager to see the performance.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Huh, bone charms.

Guess it's not just a Hikaru tribe thing. That's nice.

Feeling very much at loose ends, Sora wasn't exactly interested in the song so much as interested in seeing who'd show up for it.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:10 pm
Huh, bone charms.

Guess it's not just a Hikaru tribe thing. That's nice.

Feeling very much at loose ends, Sora wasn't exactly interested in the song so much as interested in seeing who'd show up for it.
"Jiyo-sama, come to enjoy the arts? All sai, Haka-obasan is a fine singer, I am told," she said warmly.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:18 pm
"Jiyo-sama, come to enjoy the arts? All sai, Haka-obasan is a fine singer, I am told," she said warmly.
"It's something to do, Nanzi-san."

He chuckled.

"And Fortunes know, while I'm no great patron of the arts, they can make life a little more bearable in trying times."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Soju stepped forward and raised her arms upwards, quieting the crowd. "This first song is one dear to my heart," she explains, lowering her arms back down to her sides. "It's a rather new one, but I think you will enjoy jt."

She closed her eyes, centered herself, and began to sing.

"With just a look, they shook,
And heavens bowed before him
Simply a look can break your heart.

The stars that pierce the sky
He left them all behind.
We're left to wonder why
He left us all behind.

Dreams of his crash won't pass
Oh, how they all adored him
Will honor last when winter comes?

The stars that mystify
He left them all behind.
And how our children cried
He left us all behind.

What's the hook, the twist
within this verbose mystery?
I would gladly bet my life upon it
That those you serve,
Your guiding light,
Will fizzle out without us.

We're the empty set
Just floating through,
Wrapped in loss,
Ever searching for what we were promised.

Reaching for that golden ring,
We would never let go.
But who would ever let us put
Our filthy hands upon it?"

(Perform w/ 3 Raises for Quality, TN 35, 68 = success)

Soju fell silent as she finished her song, then smiled and looked out across the crowd, happy with her first performance of the mini-concert.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Spiritsinger • Tribal • One-Eyed • Destined • Terrible Mother

Carries: Extravagant Clothing, Tanto, Bone Comb (in hair), Chopsticks, Fan, Coin Purse

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai nodded approvingly and then glanced to the Imperial to see his reaction.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Interesting lyrics, to put it mildly."

He scratched his beard and grinned.

"Sounds a bit like stuff I mutter under my breath in dark hours, Nanzi-san, but it's definitely beautifully performed."

Carries:

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Sujo smiles warmly at the crowd as they express their enjoyment of the song. As they quiet down, she flashes a smile at Ai and waves in her direction.

"Alright, this last one I'm going to sing this afternoon is dedicated to the lovely Nanzi Ai, who has been very kind to me since arriving in this village."

There was another friendly wave, then Sujo closed her eyes and began to sing a fast, upbeat song with a rebellious tone to it.

"I've been a mess since you stayed.
I've been a wreck since you changed.
Don't let me get in your way.
I miss the lies and the pain,
The fights that keep us awake...

I'm telling you,
I miss the bad things,
The way you hate me.
I miss the screaming
The way that you blame me.
Miss the long talks
When it's your fault.
I miss the late nights
Don't miss you at all.

I like the kick in the face
And the things you do to me
I love the way that it hurts....
I don't miss you, I miss the misery.

I've tried but I just can't take it.
I'd rather fight than just fake it
'cause I like it rough.
You know that I've had enough
I dare you to call my bluff
Can't take too much of a good thing...

I'm telling you,
I miss the bad things,
The way you hate me.
I miss the screaming,
Miss the long talks
When it's your fault.
I miss the late nights,
Don't miss you at all.

I like the kick in the face
And the things you do to me
I love the way that it hurts...
I don't miss you, I miss the misery.

Just know that I'll make you hurt
When you tell me you'll make it worse.
I hate that feeling inside
When you tell me how hard you'll try
But when we're at our worst
I miss the misery.

I miss the bad things,
The way you hate me.
I miss the screaming
I miss the rough sex,
Leaves me a mess.
I miss the feeling of pain in my chest...
I don't miss you, I miss the misery."

(Perform: Singing w/ 3 Raises for Quality, TN 35, 85 = success)

It was, surprisingly, one of the best performances of Soju's career, and she was a bit flushed as she finished.

Presumably there was a lot of applause.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Hm. Kinky.

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai raised her fan to shield her face, the song was spicy... so very spicy and public. Thankfully Han-Hei was not about to witness the shame.

OOC: Proper decorum, Etiquette + Awareness, clutching my Rokugan pearls behind my fan | 6k3 ⇒ 24 (TN: 15)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Hm. What do you make of this one, Nanzi-san? Seems a bit robust."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am
"Hm. What do you make of this one, Nanzi-san? Seems a bit robust."
"It was a most surprising and private subject delivered flawlessly," she said calmly from behind her fan. "I pray no children get any untoward ideas."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:42 am
"I pray no children get any untoward ideas."
"As a father of five, I must assure you, they most undoubtedly will."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She frowned from behind her fan and then recovered and said, “Well it was a rather astonishing performance all the same. I am pleased to have heard her voice, even if the content were a bit… provocative.”

“A performance worthy of the Emperor?” she asked.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Hm. Well. The lyrics of both pieces were a bit edgy, but the Boss has put up with me since the Tournament of the Kami, so... I think he might enjoy hearing Haka-san perform both pieces."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Would you like to speak with her, she has some interesting views on well everything," she responded.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"If Nanzi-san is offering to make an introduction, it would be most rude of me to refuse."

He grinned.

"And while that's never stopped me before, I'm trying to do better these days."

Carries:

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Having escaped from a crowd of admirers, Soju makes her way over to Ai and Sora. "I hope you enjoyed the performance," she says, her mirth fading as she notices Sora's eye and makes a warding gesture.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I am aware that legends and heroes are just people but I find it hard to believe that Jiyo-sama could be anything but a pleasant if fierce advocate and esteemed colleague of the Throne. In fact some would say you are the model and mentor of many of this generation; which gives you a great deal of influence,” she said warmly.
Haka Soju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:12 pm
Having escaped from a crowd of admirers, Soju makes her way over to Ai and Sora. "I hope you enjoyed the performance," she says, her mirth fading as she notices Sora's eye and makes a warding gesture.
“Haka-sama, your voice is lovely,” she said from behind her fan, “Have you had the pleasure of meeting Jiyo Sora, Imperial Librarian and one of the few to enter Hell and leave it relatively unscathed? A living legend and sometimes even Imperial babysitter.”

“And Jiyo-sama, this one is Haka Soju, masterful singer of the Scorpion, and my erstwhile tent mate for the moment. She educated me fondly on the history of her people before they joined Bayushi-ojisan.”