Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 4 - MA] Subterranean Homesick Alien

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I feel both is the cruelest of all, but maybe I lack the your experiences," she said honestly. "But yes, no reason to fret on it, for now."

"How soon will you be putting on this dinner for our hosts?"
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Ideally, tomorrow evening. It's going to be a rough and ready affair regardless of what we do, and we cannot be sure what the future might bring."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I will be there, anything else on the agenda or just be ready?" she added. "You been getting enough sleep?"
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Be ready, and if you have any rice or something nicer to spare, it would not be taken amiss."

At her second question, he shrugged.

"Sleep, yes. Rest... no."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I can bring tea and soldier’s rations,” she said with a chuckle. “I think the tea will have to suffice, though perhaps we can round up some folks to do some hunting? If you trust the animal meat to not be… corrupted.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I know an old Hikaru trick for dried fish, should be able to make some trail rations a bit more palatable... not sure hunting is wise, we've got so many damn scouts out there at all hours they might hunt each other..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"And yet we still get surprised," she mused.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Because, with all due respect to Lady Makime- who I do think the best choice for heading our material defenses- we're not facing an ordinary foe. In my old days in the Spine of the World, we wouldn't have dared raid a village like this, with all of these armed people in it. But if we could have turned the people inside it against one another? Nothing would have been more natural."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"As my Honored Father says, a cunning enemy will come at you sideways," she responded. "I don't think I fully understood that, until now."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And doing so feeds the paranoia, which furthers exacerbates the situation..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Lots of fear, few grudges, and strange happenings make for a volatile mix. Stability seems in short supply," she responded.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Which makes diplomatic efforts all the more important."

He chuckled.

"Although every day I find myself wondering why I'm here instead of Yuzuru, given the situation..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“This is exactly where you need to be, Jiyo-sama. Even if you don;t see it, it seems plain to me we need your critical eye… and I suppose the prophetic eye to see things we may miss. You have a certain concern for those of lower stations others may overlook and more importantly you know everyone and everyone knows you… a vital advantage when diplomacy is needed,” she said kindly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Ah, except when those I must advise know me entirely too well."

He grinned.

"But point taken, Nanzi-san."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

That small quip stunned her to silence, but she felt it a small victory and just smiled.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

He resisted the urge to reach out and ruffle her hair with difficulty.

He settled instead for, "You know, you remind a bit of my elder daughters. Probably because you've got almost no superficial similarity to them."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I... thank you, I am not sure I follow the logic, but I appreciate the words," she said. "I am sure you miss your family, we will get you back to them soon, Jiyo-sama. That is my wish for you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And you to yours, Nanzi-san."

Including your mother, if at all possible.

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She smiled and before she felt awkward or at a loss of words she said sweetly, “I shall leave you to your patrol, Jiyo-sama. I should return to my Duties and see to the safety of the villagers. I appreciate your time.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And I yours, Nanzi-san."

He bowed to the young Crane.

"Carry the Fortunes."

Carries: