Jiyo Sora

Spiritual Guidance [Day 5, Mid-Morning, Ask]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora had a great deal of annoyance to cope with, so he did the only sane thing under the circumstances, and went looking for some spiritual guidance.

Of a sort.

Finding the monk Kichi absent from the camp, he had gone into the village to see just what the hell he was getting up to now...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Kichi

Re: Spiritual Guidance [Day 5, Mid-Morning, Ask]

Post by Kichi »

The monk was standing in the village streets, seeming to be amused with several children dangling several feet off the ground holding onto his arms and giggling. He looked over as Sora arrived. "Sora-san. You'll forgive me if I don't bow."

One of the kids drops to the ground with a grin. "Kichi-san is really strong!"
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"That he is, kid, that he is."

He hunkered down a bit to look the kid in the eye.

"But where are my manners... I'm Jiyo Sora, and that would mean you are...?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Canary

Post by Canary »

"Ichiro!" He said excitedly. "I don't have two names, though. I want to be that strong someday!"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well, Ichiro, it takes a lot of hard work, but if you apply yourself..."

He cocked his head to the side, looked from Ichiro to Kichi, then back.

"Yeah, I think you could manage."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"Let's go get stronger!" Ichirou says, and all the children drop and go start playing a game that had something to do with that, undoubtedly.

Kichi drops his arms and stretches his back, which lets out a couple of pops. "My hero."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"As a legendary hero of the Empire, I could do no less."

He paused, enjoying the good feelings seeing children able to play in a carefree fashion gave him, before stuffing them down for the moment.

"It dawned on me that with everything that has happened recently, I should maybe see how you're doing."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He shifted his shoulders before finally straightening. "I appreciate it." He looked up at the sky. "Yume-Jigoku is close. I can practically feel it. Everything smells wrong when that's close by."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It's going to get worse before it gets better. And... I can't help noticing much of your, ah... support has been knocked away."

He tilted his head to the side.

"Is there anything I can do, Kichi-san?"

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He smiled a little. "I appreciate it. I wish I could say there was an easy solution, but this is an inevitable part of this happening."

He lifted his shoulders and dropped them, not quite a shrug. "Ukyou-sensei has been guiding me for five years, but I knew our paths would diverge soon. He has a place he needs to be, and I must stay in the Empire."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Any idea what that's gonna look like for you?"

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He took a deep breath in through his nose and out through his mouth. "If I survive this, I will be going into hermitage for some time to free myself from the last of Jigoku's influence. Then..." He shook his head. "I'm not sure just yet. I want to find an answer to what my place in the world is, as a... somewhat unusual person."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"We're all unusual people, Kichi-san, but I take your point."

He surveyed the village.

"But if you ever need to talk to someone who... knows? Look me up."

He chuckled.

"I've buried the hatchet with Anjing, I've discovered I like every single one of Nanzi's kids I've met, I might as well keep it going."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

Kichi chuckled and nodded. "It... it really does mean a lot, to have someone to talk to. Even after five years... It still feels strange."

He was silent for a moment, then said, "I will not do so except under the most dire circumstances, but... If it looks like people may not otherwise escape, I will show myself."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora nodded. Once.

"Let us hope it doesn't come to that, Kichi. But if it does... it has been an honor, seeing what you have managed to become."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"I hope so, as well. I trust those who have come here to defeat the evil that's coming," he said with a smile, nodding. "I'm glad we've met again, Sora. If you don't mind, I feel like I can call you a friend."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Y'know, I think I'd like that, Kichi-san."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He smiled, the expression warm. "Thank you." He looked out toward the edge of the village. "I may have to go south, to the lands of the Nezumi. I suspect Jigoku's natives may be trying to escape. I have no doubt that Yume-Jiogoku is eating into its other parent realm, as well."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"With its mania for human creativity, I can see how it might be a bit... difficult."

He frowned.

"I think the Nezumi can hold the line, but... I'm sure help would be appreciated."

Carries: