Haka Tae-soo

Re: Surprise Party [D7, MA, The Streets; Non-Thunders]

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Seeing the dragon-shaped spirit of the River hold pain at bay for Kaijari and keep Anjing standing strong against the Harbinger's assault, Tae-soo feels a grin growing on the corner of his lips, even as he still struggles with the pain.

"River, dear sibling, I know it hurts, but we're doing our best to cleanse this twisted one. Please, lend me some of your energy!"

This time, a splash comes seemingly from the Earth itself, and the blisters that were still visible the spirit caller's face suddenly disappear, leaving him drenched but refreshed.

He takes a few steps ahead, then, enough that he could reach Anjing easily later.

------
Round 2 after surprise
Note: His Init should still b3 58 and so tied with the Harbonger, as VP for Init lasts the whole combat ;) Not that it matters much

Round 2 of 4 for Heart of the Water Dragon (4 not 5, sorry!)
Complex Action: Path to Inner Peace on himself again. 1 wound taken
Water Dragon healing after cutting himself
D7 MA - Round 3, Tae-soo Heart of the Water Dragon healing after cut for casting | 1k1 ⇒ 3
Wounds to 35/57, still at +15...
D7 MA - Round 3, casting PtiP on himself again, still +15 wound penalties... | 9k4 ⇒ 46 (TN: 25)
Path to Inner Peace heals 21
Wounds to 14/57, back to Healthy finally!

Free Action: Walk a bit ahead so he stands 15 ft away from Anjing (20 ft away from the Harbinger I think?)
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The Harbinger was breathing heavily after the continued assault from the samurai her Strange form was cut and battered.

"You might defeat me here but I'll take you with me." She slit her wrist and muttered an incantation but .....nothing happened her eyes went wide with horror and anger briefly as the evil spirits ignored her call.

-----------
Takes 4 Wounds for raises casts drain the soul targeting anjing and tae-soo

Surprise party drain the soul three free raises from Wounds mastery of darkness two to lower Stamina an additional 1, one for extra target, cr for speed | 6k3 ⇒ 16 (TN: 20) fail
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"You just don't understand how the story goes do you? You were never more than a farce. A nobody with childish dreams of unlimited power. Pathetic fancies without any substance to them, meager reveries that die at the first distraction. Not at the vanguard of the army of darkness because you were strong, but because you were weak enough to be the first to fall, when the darkness was still struggling for a way out.

Us? We are ideals greater than our mortal shells. We are dreams made flesh.

We are legend."

And strike.

---

D7MA | Surprise Party | 白虎牙撃 (Bite of the White Tiger)
Attack 1 targetting the Harbinger, Kenjutsu/Agility, Full Attack | 10k4 ⇒ 26 (TN: 30)

D7MA | Surprise Party | 白虎牙撃 (Bite of the White Tiger)
Attack 2 targetting the Harbinger, Kenjutsu/Agility, Full Attack | 10k4 ⇒ 32 (TN: 30)

D7MA | Surprise Party | Damages | 8k2 ⇒ 15

Well, can't be mad, Sakkaku had been quite generous with the attack and damage rolls so far.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Tae-soo hears the Harbinger's threat just as he made another cut, this time on the palm of his hand - the cut once again readily disappearing as a serpentine form flows through his body.

"Spirit of the River, please take Anjing-sshi on your shoulders!", he asks as his legs flow forward and his arms seem to swirl around in a dance that ends with his palm directly pointing towards the stalwart Crab 'eommoni'. A sparkling, blueish light expands from his hands and seems to gather into something that looks like a school of transluscent Chars, lashing about as they make their way to Anjing and finally splashing into her to make her flexible and strong like the river itself.

------
Round 3 after surprise

Round 3 of 4 for Heart of the Water Dragon
Defence stance, ATN 23

Free Action: move 5 ft ahead to stand 10 ft behind Anjing and in range of Stand against the Waves.
Complex Action: Stand against the Waves on Anjing.
D7 MA - Round 3 after surprise. Heart of the Water Dragon healing after cut for casting | 1k1 ⇒ 4
Wounds keep at 14/57 (after taking into account 4 taken for casting)

D7 MA - Round 3 after surprise. Stand against the Waves on Anjing, grants extra attack during Reactions stage. 1 Raise for speed, 4 wounds taken (all healed with Heart of the Water Dragon). | 8k4 ⇒ 38 (TN: 20)

Slots used:
Air 1/3
Water 4/4
Void 1/3

Anjing gets another attack at the Reactions stage of the round.

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Meanwhile, Ohta was too far back to hear most of this; Almost one hundred meters back on Kinboshi, she admired the heroics as she notched another willow leaf arrow. Another pull, another loose, this time grazing the Harbinger's arm. The creature (woman?) certainly was already quite bloodied, both from her companions and the creature's own magic, so it was hard to tell how much the arrow hurt her.
-----------------------------------------

Day 7, MA, Surprise Party, Round 3, Kyujutsu/Ref, TN30 | 7k4 ⇒ 34 (TN: 30) (hit without raises)

Day 7, MA, Surprise Party, Round 3, dai-kyu damage | 6k2 ⇒ 12 (12 damage)
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Tyrus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:50 pm

"You might defeat me here but I'll take you with me." She slit her wrist and muttered an incantation but .....nothing happened her eyes went wide with horror and anger briefly as the evil spirits ignored her call.
"There's that fear again. Well, don't worry, it's almost over."

As Kai slices in from one side and Ohta's arrow the other Anjing feels Tae-soo's blessing stirring within her. The exhaustion of battle, the exhaustion of life, it was all pushed away as she strode towards the Harbinger for the last time.

The demon swings her claws again but they're casually battered away before Anjing kicks Harbinger up against a stone wall and starts slamming her cub into her again and again and again. Her weapon dealing devastating blows driven on by the water spirits. Eventually the wall cracks and then breaks, sending the beaten and blooded Harbinger sprawling back onto the ground with the Crab towering over her.

"After all this, you can just go to hell."
She looks back at the rest of the warriors, doubtless they would have words for the fallen demon too.

Surprise Party Round 5

Attack number 1 on the Harbinger, ignoring wound penalties, heavy armour cancelled by tech, full attack | 10k5 ⇒ 38 (TN: 30)

Surprise Party Round 5

Attack number 2 on the Harbinger, ignoring wound penalties, heavy armour cancelled by tech, full attack | 10k5 ⇒ 34 (TN: 30)

Surprise Party Round 5

Attack number 3 on the Harbinger, ignoring wound penalties, heavy armour cancelled by tech, full attack | 10k5 ⇒ 51 (TN: 30)

Surprise Party Round 5

Attack number 1 on the Harbinger, damage | 6k3+4 ⇒ 39

Surprise Party Round 5

Attack number 2 on the Harbinger, damage | 6k3+4 ⇒ 30

Surprise Party Round 5

Attack number 3 on the Harbinger, damage | 6k3+4 ⇒ 29

(( Thanks to Tae-Soo's buff, 3 attacks on Harbinger hitting for 39, 30 and 29 respectively))
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Even suffused with the power of jigoku this one was still, at their core, mortal. The rain of blows from the Crab were undeniable, the corruption ridden body broke as the wall did a heap of shadow and green fire. There was no manipulating this, no pithy comeback or final curses it was actually somewhat quiet, far away sounds of villagers evacuating and the repeated thud of tetsubo against the broken body, and then a slow dwindling Crackle of flames as the Harbinger was ended.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

"Told you," Chu states softly as she creeps out from her hiding spot.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Seeing Anjing's river-powered strikes on the Poison-green beguiler, now almost certainly cleansing her for good, Tae-soo's feet soon start flowing again, following the Crab's steps and finally touching her shoulder.

"The flow of life be with us", he says, calmer now, cutting his hand once more, the dragon-like sheen becoming a splash of water that flows through the woman.

Cleansing the poison was important, of course. But so was keeping everyone well and safe.

----
OOC:
Round 4/4 of Heart of the Water Dragon to use it before it ends!

Assuming the Harbinger is down, I'll use the last Round of Heart of the Water Dragon for one last casting!
Free Action: Move besides Anjing
Complex Action: Cast PtiP on Anjing

D7 MA - Last HotWD heal after casting. | 1k1 ⇒ 6; 1 taken to cast, so 5 recovered.
Down to 9/57 wounds

D7 MA - Path of Inner Peace on Anjing. 2/3 Void slots used | 9k4 ⇒ 43 (TN: 10)
Anjing heals 33 Wounds.
Last edited by Haka Tae-soo on Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

(With Birbmission)

Sugri offers a warm smile and a slight bow to the victorious warriors as he approaches the smoldering green remnants of what had once been the Harbinger. Seeing that the others were not in immediate need of aid he makes his way towards the fallen soul. As the guru draws near he, too, begins to shine with a soft green light though one much more pure and welcoming than that of the foe who had just fallen.

Their heavens had blessed those gathered to fight this darkness with weapons of jade. His body was his weapon. His soul was his weapon.

Allowing that purity to suffuse him he plunges a hand deep into the flaming wreckage, the jade protecting him from the fire and corruption, until it withdraws a small, black pearl.

Decades of hatred, decades of anger, decades of pain, decades of suffering. All crushing down on the soul that bore them trapping it in a prison of its own rage and malice. The darkness calcifying and squeezing the soul until all that was left was a shell.

Almost all that was left.

With a firm pressure the Invindi man crushes the pearl into flakes of obsidian powder. As he opens his hand it seems, at first, as if nothing remains but keen eyes would spot the smallest glowing flicker on his otherwise empty palm. A faltering, flickering pin prick of light that, with a light exhalation, he sends drifting from this world into the next.

He did not know how many lifetimes as a dung beetle such a soul might need before it would ever again be even the lowest caste of human but even it deserved a chance. The mistakes of one lifetime, while needing to be paid in those that followed, did not define all that one was or could be.

The jade glow around Sugri fades as he dusts his hands clean.

"Well done all." He offers another bow to Anjing especially, "I will be sure to tell your chroniclers of this tale as well."
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:57 pm
Seeing Anjing's river-powered strikes on the Poison-green beguiler, now almost certainly cleansing her for good, Tae-soo's feet soon start flowing again, following the Crab's steps and finally touching her shoulder.

"The flow of life be with us", he says, calmer now, cutting his hand once more, the dragon-like sheen becoming a splash of water that flows through the woman.
Anjing gasps as the spirits knit closed her many wounds, bowing her head in respect.
"Ah Tae-Soo, I did say you were a good one. You showed courage today, courage and fortitude. Perhaps in another life you were one of my people, hmmm?" She grins and claps the young shugenja on the shoulder before turning to watch Sugri perform a spiritual double tap.
Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:58 pm

"Well done all." He offers another bow to Anjing especially, "I will be sure to tell your chroniclers of this tale as well."
"Make sure they capture me in a good light, and I hope you know a lot of different ways to describe "Hit her with a club again."
The monk receives a respectful nod too, both for his words and for ending what was left of the Harbinger.

Raising her voice and turning to the rest of the group.
"I suppose it's over then, and I don't see any rapidly spreading or any victorious screeching spirits, so the thunders must have done their thing. Which means we can finally get out of this cursed village."
Glancing back at the blackened earth where the Harbinger had burned.
"Next time I'll just kill the suspicious head-woman first, save us all some trouble."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

A sense of calm and clarity seems to emanate from the guru and washes over those in need.

(D7, MA: Meditation/Void for To the Last Breath #1 for Tae-soo | 7k4 ⇒ 24 (TN: 15)
D7, MA: Meditation/Void for To the Last Breath #2 for Tae-soo | 7k4 ⇒ 39 (TN: 15)

Tae-soo gets 2 VP - will edit this post if anyone needs some as well)
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I would say we have time enough to breath thrice quietly, and maybe benefit of one or two more of these quite practical blessings to refresh ourselves, before the darkness sends more of its forces against us, and we have to fight again. The day is far from over.

I won't give you the insult of asking if you are ready for it. We all know you are."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Anjing wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:15 pm
Snip
The spirit caller nods to the Crab, letting out a breath he didn't even notice he was holding.

"Our people's traditions said we become one with the water, the air and the land when we go, if our soul was guided right - until we flow away or the the flow of time sees fit to bring us back - as whatever being it may be". A smile as he shakes his head. "But seeing all this... who knows which flows bring each soul, geureochi?"
Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:58 pm
Snip
He soon turns to watch the monk with unfamiliar features perform his ritual, with great interest and respect. A bow and a silent prayer follow its end, as well as another nod signaling understanding and thankfulness as the feeling of calm comes over him.

"I didn't expect you to be a spirit-talker, Sugri-sshi. That was a respectful sending. I hope it cleans the poison before time decides to bring them back..."

Speaking of which.

"... I hope the chosen have succeeded. They... they have, then, right?"

Then, looking first towards the horizon, then towards where Ha-yeong should still be hidden. A bow at Kaijari and Anjing again, as well as to Ohta farther away.

"Thank you for your bravery today, everyone. She is right though...we should be getting ready to go soon" , he says, as he takes his knife and starts whispering again.

----
Casting The Path not Taken
D7 MA - Casting The Path not Taken. 3/3 Void slots used, 4 Wounds taken, to 13/57. Weakening Fire, strengthening Void; transfers 3 spell slots to Void. VP for good measure. | 9k5 ⇒ 56 (TN: 25)

VP 1/3 used after Sugri's hell
Wounds 13/57

Slots used after spell
Fire 0/0
Water 4/4
Air 1/3
Earth 0/3
Void 4/7
Last edited by Haka Tae-soo on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

"Don't worry, I'm here to defend the Empire!" Ranmaru, who had been so busy trying to remember how to secure knots on his armor, ran on in just in time to see Anjing absolutely obliterate the Harbinger. At first, his mind dismissed it as a woman crushing a woman, a trivial affair.

But he had been doing a lot of talking, a lot of thinking. The scary old lady might have had a point after all about Hida's favored lady.

"It seems my aid was unneeded this day." He unsheathed his swords and then sheathed them again to punctuate the point. The man was rather good with his hands, after all.

Getting down on his knees was also something he was acquainted with. This time, though, he knelt before the woman he had disparaged. "You have the making of a warrior. How this has happened, I do not understand, but I will not deny your prowess any longer." He did not look up. "I ask that you forgive me for any insult."
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 pm

Getting down on his knees was also something he was acquainted with. This time, though, he knelt before the woman he had disparaged. "You have the making of a warrior. How this has happened, I do not understand, but I will not deny your prowess any longer." He did not look up. "I ask that you forgive me for any insult."
"Ranmaru." Anjing turns with a slight frown. "You are a strange man, I do not understand all your ideas, I do not like all your ideas."
She steps forward to the kneeling dragon.
"But. I do not doubt you are a good man, and a strong one. A hero like any who fought in this miserable village to save the world from shadow."
Anjing reaches out and claps a hand on his shoulder.

"So I say rise, one warrior to another. Any insults are forgiven, any wrongs behind us. Just promise me you will continue to learn as you develop that technique hmmm? There are plenty of women who know how to wield spears...and how to break them."
Smiling devilishly and lowering her voice. "You know, I have a nephew who greatly prefers the polearm to all other weapons. Should you every find yourself in my lands, make yourself known."
Great Destiny

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Anjing wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:58 pm
"Ranmaru." Anjing turns with a slight frown. "You are a strange man, I do not understand all your ideas, I do not like all your ideas."
She steps forward to the kneeling dragon.
"But. I do not doubt you are a good man, and a strong one. A hero like any who fought in this miserable village to save the world from shadow."
Anjing reaches out and claps a hand on his shoulder.

"So I say rise, one warrior to another. Any insults are forgiven, any wrongs behind us. Just promise me you will continue to learn as you develop that technique hmmm? There are plenty of women who know how to wield spears...and how to break them."
Smiling devilishly and lowering her voice. "You know, I have a nephew who greatly prefers the polearm to all other weapons. Should you every find yourself in my lands, make yourself known."
Thank you, mom, for teaching me how to speak properly. The Saru were quite skilled at diplomacy, after all. And though he still viewed intense emotion as a womanly trait, perhaps if Anjing could be a fierce warrior, then he could be allowed to feel.

Ranmaru rose as prompted, smiling sheepishly as she described his technique. "Ah, well, you were right. It wouldn't have much application on the battlefield at all. Instead, I will need to think of other methods." He pulled on his armor, much too uncomfortable for his tastes. It was hard to get a good flex in.

"Ah, well, maybe it'd be nice to meet this man." His cheeks turned a bit red. "Oh and in case I don't see the young Ayako, please send her my apologies too." Unless she was weak like he'd originally expected... but he'd been proven so wrong lately so he wanted to be sure.
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Charming as this all is, we've still got work to do."

Sora strode up... and pointed at Ranmaru.

"You and I, that is. Everyone who actually smacked this monstrosity down should take a breather..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.