Bayushi Norikage

Re: [D2 LM] What the Hell, Sleep? (Expecting)

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

"In honor of my elders, of course", he nodded. He managed a grin, then pulled his mask up over his nose. "So kids, house, serving a god...how's all that going for one of only old Hikaru left?"
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I thought you had some of that annoying swagger we used to have up in the mountains. Going fine. Beats chasing goats all over the damn mountains with flint-tipped arrows and praying I don't slip, that's for sure..."

He cocked his head.

"But you're a young one. So. Mother, father, or both?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Bayushi Norikage

"Father", he said, and his voice took on a rougher quality. "Toji, went to go serve Bayushi before the old holdouts were absorbed into the clan."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"He adhere to the wonderful Hikaru school of parenting? You know, the one where after teaching yo everything except how to deal with people he goes off and dies somewhere?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Norikage

"Just about, but not before he gave me a few layers of skin off his knuckles", Norikage said evenly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Sounds like he was keeping the old ways alive and well."

Sora grimaced.

"Toji, Toji... oh, that little runt! A few years behind me, and always so eager to prove how tough he was."

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

"Well, he turned into a murder clown, from my understanding..."

At least that what it means in the Scorpion clan when they say 'he served his lord with excellence', anyway...

"I met an old fart from the tribe a few years ago, before I was sent to Kashouji, he said Toji was married to a hell of a woman. Shame I didn't get to know her."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"That... hm. Y'know, when I left, he was just starting to get interested in girls. Me?"

He gestured to his eye.

"I didn't really let myself think about it much. Whole world had things in it I was never going to have, why add more burdens, you know?"

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

He shrugged. "I'm handsome and unmarried, some gaki poked you in the eye and you serve high up with people who have personal experience with Tengoku...so, life is secretly fair."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Just a matter of time and place, Bayushi-san. My wife certainly wasn't an expected development, but we met on the trip South, and, well..."

He shrugged.

"I can only assume she went temporarily mad, because she proposed."

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

"Surprises are nice", he countered. "Maybe one day I'll get a pleasant one."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Could be you will, if you live long enough."

Sora cocked his head at the younger man.

"How the hell old are you, anyway?"

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

"I've yet to see twenty three winters, chief.". A slight preen, the exalt of youth, clearly

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora snorted.

"At your age I hadn't even met the Boss yet. I was just starting to think of tromping down from the mountains toward the Seppun lands to see what all the fuss was. You'll have your shots at happy surprises yet."

Carries: