Otomo Akutou

Re: [Day 1 - EM] Pyramid Song

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Th' O-Iemoto's been more cryptic recently," Akutou replies. "Made some kinda metaphor 'bout fruit I still ain't fig'red out. Don't matter, though; he said be here, so I's here. Prob'ly gonna need t' do some scoutin' or somesuch thing.

"Gotta get used t' th' local noise, though. Back home, I know what all it's s'posed t' sound like. Here, I don't know yet. Makes f'r more o' a challenge."

He shrugs.

"Just gonna take a bit, is all."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Well unless you are here to entertain and enjoy the festival, than you are here for Shinsei," she said confidently.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Might could be," Akutou replies. "Ain't got the kind of skill as is likely to come up in a festival."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Well surely you have an opinion?" she asked.

"What do you think, or are you completely clueless?"
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"I think it's prudent when comin' into a new situation t' get a feel f'r the' lay o' the land afore chargin' on in. Could be there's somebody here needs th' kind o' help I c'n give. Could be there's somebody here needs th' kind o' hurt I c'n give. Could be there's somethin' else goin' on entirely.

"So, f'r th' moment, I'm reconnoitering. Knowin' where the ambuscade's most likely set up'll help."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Then Dawei-sama chose wisely,” she responded warmly. “I pray you live to see him again when this is all done, even in success our survival is not assured.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"He went into Hell an' came back," Akutou replies. "Far as I c'n tell, there ain't a hellmouth open here, s' there's that goin' f'r us."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"This may be worse, the Day of Thunder approaches," she said calmly.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"An' th' astrologers think it's hereabouts?"

Akutou shrugs.

"I don't see th' priests much. Th' ones in Stag lands've been gettin' everythin' refigured. Evidently, there's some mathematical work needs doin' t' adjust from th' move still ain't been finished yet."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I believe Shinsei called us here for this exact reason,” she said confidently. “I can’t speak for the astrologers or priests though.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou turns to look at Nozomi, who looks much like a priest, or at least that type.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:01 pm
Akutou turns to look at Nozomi, who looks much like a priest, or at least that type.
Ai followed his gaze, she was glad she didn't have to provide all the answers.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

She listened to them, nodding after a moment. "Seppun-sama was a good man. We didn't talk much in those days, but he was as brave as any, and quiet in what he did. he did what had to be dun," she said after a moment. "If he sent you, then you're where you are supposed to be. As for what day it is..."

She considered the question that lingered in the air, reaching up to tap her lips. "The teacher keeps his counsel and does not reveal until it is time. Only in the time, only in the place. He has an eye for potential that I have never mastered, and sees what we cannot see in ourselves. But he doesn't weigh us down with all that he has seen until the moment we need to hear it." A quick shake of the head and she looked back at Ai. "And he probably remembers the time when your honored father helped shield young Matsu. The walls have ears, and not all of them have the future of this world in mind. So... we will not learn, not until it is time to know." Perhaps that would be in a few hours, perhaps much longer.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Well, that part makes sense, an' no joke," Akutou says. "Ain't likely e'rybody here's got the best intent."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Wait and see," she added.

"Aspirants of greatness are many, but the chosen will be few, makes sense to me," she finished.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"Yes, and greatness comes in many forms," she could admit. "Even if fate favors you in its own unique way? Yours may not be a fate that is that of the Thunders. Nothing is truly certain, and we are not bound by fate. Not with chains. We are all on the river of this life and its currents merely guide us." Kami bless her, she'd been talking to Shinsei too much over the years.

He might also have said something similar at one point after the time they'd come back from hell, when she hadn't been chosen. Of course, she'd known why. It had taken years to rise above her fears.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Metaphors."

Akutou shakes his head.

"Never have understood th' appeal, m'self. But takes all kinds, I guess."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Monks love their riddles and koans," she said with a smirk.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

She chuckled and nodded. "We do it all the time, as Nanzi-sama says. It's our little pleasure. I learned at the Teacher's feet, so sometimes I do the same thing, though I am not really as good at it as he is. But as for this? It is possible to know a soul destined for greatness, but that greatness could be one of many things. Each of those things are important." A shrug followed. "I have never been good enough to tell one fate from another. The Teacher, however, seems to have a knack for knowing when it is truly a soul's time to shine."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"No shame in not equaling y'r teacher," Akutou says.