Otomo Akutou

Re: D1LE, Afterparty (Open)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"I'll hafta keep that in mind. Thank y' kindly, Miss Aoyama," Akutou says.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Hm! Do you suppose that's something that was served earlier in the festivities? There were so many drinks and local foods, I don't think they had much time to explain what they were or what they were made from, only that they were delicious and good for you," she chuckled. "They weren't wrong but it makes it rather hard to know what to get later during our stay. Perhaps the night is too late for kava but I'm sure a few of us could use something potent like that in our mornings."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Not a mornin' person, then, ma'am?" Akutou asks Shang.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Aoyama

Post by Aoyama »

"The village healer cultivates most of it. He could likely be bothered to part with some." The arrived at a stall with an older gentleman running the stall. Another man stood there chatting happily with the cook and a small girl in a surprisingly formal kimono stood there as well.

At the sight Aoyama frowned in disapproval, the most intense emotion she had shown since they had seen her.
Village Protector | Stern | all business | soft spot for family

Run by GM Tyrus

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou notices the expression.

"Somethin' th' matter, Miss Aoyama?"

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

The man heard the approach and turned his smile warm and inviting like a hearth with a crackling fire on a cold winter night. His eyes lit up brighter seeing them "Ahhh my wonderful wife! Ao-chan I see you have made some new friends. Come to try some of the best food in town huh?" He had turned his gaze on the samurai as he approached Aoyama and put an arm around her in a half hug.
Artisan | Doting Husband | Gregarious

Run by GM Tyrus

Aoyama

Post by Aoyama »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:46 pm
Akutou notices the expression.

"Somethin' th' matter, Miss Aoyama?"
She attempted to keep her expression neutral but perhaps a touch of color had appeared on her cheeks as she shrugged out of the hug.

She took a breath "No Akuto-sama. It is only that it is rather late and Kimi should already be in bed." The comment rather pointed as she looked to her husband. though it lacked any venom and was further softened by the light air of embarrassment she held.

Run by GM Tyrus

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Good rest's important f'r th' young," Akutou agrees.

"But if there's good vittles," he adds, "I'm more'n game."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:15 am
"Not a mornin' person, then, ma'am?" Akutou asks Shang.
"We're all morning people, Otomo-san," she chuckled on a self-humourous note. "If we weren't, we would never be able to get up in the morning, go about routine, and function in a society. That said, I suppose our effectiveness and how we've been able to approach the mornings could use some fine-tuning and a bit of work. Some mornings are rougher than others and I suspect that people are going to feel a variety of things, as varied as the celebrations. It was a prudent choice to step away when I could."

Shang peered curiously at the interaction and relationships. After a beat, she would speak up regarding the tension. "...Surely, a special occasion could excuse a few things? That is, unless there are many nights like this one then, I'm not so sure. I might have already overstepped my role in the matter."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:55 pm
"We're all morning people, Otomo-san," she chuckled on a self-humourous note. "If we weren't, we would never be able to get up in the morning, go about routine, and function in a society. That said, I suppose our effectiveness and how we've been able to approach the mornings could use some fine-tuning and a bit of work. Some mornings are rougher than others and I suspect that people are going to feel a variety of things, as varied as the celebrations. It was a prudent choice to step away when I could."

Shang peered curiously at the interaction and relationships. After a beat, she would speak up regarding the tension. "...Surely, a special occasion could excuse a few things? That is, unless there are many nights like this one then, I'm not so sure. I might have already overstepped my role in the matter."
"I don't know 'bout th' all in that, ma'am," Akutou replies. "Plenty o' folk rise later and sleep later. Helps f'r them as has th' night watch. Ain't nothin' wrong wi' it; just a diff'rent way, is all.

"But I think you've got th' right of it that there's some mornings as're rougher'n others. Tomorrow's like t' be one."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Oh, the night watch..." she murmured with some consideration on the matter, perhaps realizing that she gave herself the privilege of sleeping whenever she wanted when there were jobs to do during her sleeping moments! "It is very admirable work, to uproot yourself from the normal functions of the day! Surely, this is a temporary measure for some. I cannot imagine what sort of perspective you might have when your night is day and you miss most of the day by making it your night. Surely, it would present an interesting point of view!"

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:45 pm
"Oh, the night watch..." she murmured with some consideration on the matter, perhaps realizing that she gave herself the privilege of sleeping whenever she wanted when there were jobs to do during her sleeping moments! "It is very admirable work, to uproot yourself from the normal functions of the day! Surely, this is a temporary measure for some. I cannot imagine what sort of perspective you might have when your night is day and you miss most of the day by making it your night. Surely, it would present an interesting point of view!"
"I'm told y' might ask a blacksmith 'bout it," Akutou replies. "Fair number of 'em prefer t' work at night. Cooler f'r them, f'r one thing. F'r 'nother, in th' dark, they c'n judge the color th' metal's glowin' better than they c'n do in th' light."

He shrugs. "An' I know fr'm bein' out that the nighttime sky's a wonder. When y' c'n see it."

A grin. "Fog ain't a help wi' it, t' be sure."

Aoyama

Post by Aoyama »

"Indeed there are some that find themselves more suited to night and it is a special occasion but little children still need their rest."
If she was offended by Shang Aoyama was a master of hidden emotions.

She looked to her husband "and what of Shoji?"

Run by GM Tyrus

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

The man chuckled a bit and put a hand up to his mouth as if to shield his speech from Aoyama like it was just for the samurai to hear though his volume would make such a maneuver fruitless "Don't you mind her she gets a little grumpy on an empty stomach and she works past dinner too often." He winked at them and turned to the food stall as the old man handed Yamagato a wrapped parcel. "That's why I grabbed food I was planning to bring her but I thank you for saving me the trip."

He turns to Aoyama "And you know how Shoji is, too old to spend the festival with his old man and little sister. I'm sure he's somewhere at the party."

Run by GM Tyrus

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Hm!" Shang murmured in realization at first. "I never knew that about the blacksmith's craft actually and it does put things into perspective. Seeing as the metal itself illuminates, that's a good exception. I can't say the same regarding my own skills."

She would quiet down and watch the interaction between the family quietly at first. While it was no business of hers in the slightest, she couldn't but be at least a little interested in this dynamic that played in front of her. "...Aoyama, I guess with you leading us to this stall with all this delicious food I'm smelling, I'm sure you don't need to watch over us if you need to be somewhere or find someone," she would offer the village protector.

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou nods in agreement.

Aoyama

Post by Aoyama »

Aoyama nodded back the samurai "Enjoy your evening."

Run by GM Tyrus

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

"Yup let's get this little lady home!" Yamagato bent scooping his daughter up with one arm and depositing her on his shoulders "Try the chicken korokke it's damn good tonight." He said with a wide grin and waved goodbye as he followed his wife back into the foggy night.

Run by GM Tyrus

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Of course! Enjoy your evening as well!" She gave them a bow as the family made their leave, assuming they had to tend to the matter of the missing son and bedtime. "Thank you for your help, Aoyama!"

After they had disappeared into the fog, so to speak, she would turn her attention to Akutou. "Chicken korokke? I assume it's something that's fried, judging by the establishment. I can't say it's something I'm in the mood for but I find it hard to go against the suggestion. Hm! Maybe I could go with half a portion?"

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:13 am
After they had disappeared into the fog, so to speak, she would turn her attention to Akutou. "Chicken korokke? I assume it's something that's fried, judging by the establishment. I can't say it's something I'm in the mood for but I find it hard to go against the suggestion. Hm! Maybe I could go with half a portion?"
Akutou nods.

"I'll split a bit wi' you, ma'am, if'n that's alright," he says. "Fried's good after too much t' drink, but the pro'lem t'night ain't drink."

He approaches the stall, which he does recognize from before, and queues up.