Anjing

Re: You Don't Have To Go Now But You Can't Stay Here [Day 2 LE, Expecting]

Post by Anjing »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:09 pm

"Clear enough for now," Ayako agreed. "Though with as bold as the attackers were earlier, I don't think we've seen the last of them. We might want to keep doing these patrols, for future nights."
"Agreed, Tai was suggesting the same thing earlier. Those of us who can't sleep can take a patrol, but only in pairs. And I except you to only take your share. If someone can get their sleep they should, that's an order."

Once satisfied no SUV sized wolves were bounding around in the fog she continues towards the camp at a brisk walk.
"Doesn't sound like the enemy was defeated with love and compassion this time."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Anjing wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:40 pm
"Agreed, Tai was suggesting the same thing earlier. Those of us who can't sleep can take a patrol, but only in pairs. And I except you to only take your share. If someone can get their sleep they should, that's an order."
"As you command, my lady," Ayako said, bobbing her head in acknowledgement. "I slept fine last night, but heard other people were having trouble. Do you think these sleeping problems are a sign of an attack? I thought the revered teacher said something about Yume-do."

Anjing wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:40 pm
"Doesn't sound like the enemy was defeated with love and compassion this time."
Ayako grinned. "Does that ever work?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:18 pm
"As you command, my lady," Ayako said, bobbing her head in acknowledgement. "I slept fine last night, but heard other people were having trouble. Do you think these sleeping problems are a sign of an attack? I thought the revered teacher said something about Yume-do."
"Hmmm, my sleep was troubled, to put it mildly, like it was fighting me. It certainly would be a strange coincidence given the corruption and the herbs the villagers were burning. A sign of dark things to come."
Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:18 pm
Ayako grinned. "Does that ever work?"
Anjing cocks her head slightly, trying to think of a time.
"With the people from the far north we often offer them supplies to join us if the winters are harsh. That is a sort of compassion I suppose, even if relies on their hardships. But I think if you attempted to offer rice and furs to a great wolf you would at best confuse it. Although depending on the source of the furs perhaps you could establish dominance?"

Although she reflects, that's not something most people would want to field test.
"It's always easier to show compassion to a foe after they are defeated, I find."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Yoshitsune Ayako

Anjing wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:25 pm
"With the people from the far north we often offer them supplies to join us if the winters are harsh. That is a sort of compassion I suppose, even if relies on their hardships. But I think if you attempted to offer rice and furs to a great wolf you would at best confuse it. Although depending on the source of the furs perhaps you could establish dominance?"

Although she reflects, that's not something most people would want to field test.
"It's always easier to show compassion to a foe after they are defeated, I find."
Ayako nods. "So, compassion to people, but not to wolves and monsters. That seems to make sense."

"But I've heard that this ... sickness ... sometimes transforms people into monsters," she said. "Can we still show compassion to them? Hiruma-san seemed to think not."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:44 am

Ayako nods. "So, compassion to people, but not to wolves and monsters. That seems to make sense."

"But I've heard that this ... sickness ... sometimes transforms people into monsters," she said. "Can we still show compassion to them? Hiruma-san seemed to think not."
"Naraku has one approach, it does not have to be yours. If you found yourself turned into a beast about to slaughter those you care about, would you want to be stopped? Would you be willing to die if it meant saving your family?"
She holds up a hand.
"Think on it a moment, do not be rash."
Great Destiny

Yoshitsune Ayako

Anjing wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:51 am
"Naraku has one approach, it does not have to be yours. If you found yourself turned into a beast about to slaughter those you care about, would you want to be stopped? Would you be willing to die if it meant saving your family?"
She holds up a hand.
"Think on it a moment, do not be rash."
After a long pause, Ayako replied solemnly, "I wouldn't want to hurt my friends and family. It would be better to die than to be a monster that endangers us all." Her voice had the sound of certainty.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:35 pm
After a long pause, Ayako replied solemnly, "I wouldn't want to hurt my friends and family. It would be better to die than to be a monster that endangers us all." Her voice had the sound of certainty.
Firmly. "Then extend that same compassion to the beasts you encounter. They would not want to slaughter those close to them. Honouring that wish, ending their suffering, freeing their souls. That is compassion. It's not all Shinsei's hugs and friendship, compassion is hard. Feeling for someone as you slay them-" She sighs quietly. "-Is very hard, it's not how we are taught. But it is how you honour an opponent. If you kill without feeling how are you different to a beast?"
Great Destiny

Yoshitsune Ayako

Anjing wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:51 pm
Firmly. "Then extend that same compassion to the beasts you encounter. They would not want to slaughter those close to them. Honouring that wish, ending their suffering, freeing their souls. That is compassion. It's not all Shinsei's hugs and friendship, compassion is hard. Feeling for someone as you slay them-" She sighs quietly. "-Is very hard, it's not how we are taught. But it is how you honour an opponent. If you kill without feeling how are you different to a beast?"
"Yes, Anjing-sama," Ayako said, nodding more decisively now. "You are right. If we run into more of those dangerous beasts, I will not falter... even if they were men once."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:58 am
"Yes, Anjing-sama," Ayako said, nodding more decisively now. "You are right. If we run into more of those dangerous beasts, I will not falter... even if they were men once."
"I know you won't. Just keep that axe of yours sharp. Strike fast and strike hard enough that you will not need to strike again."
It was definitely more advice from her own school than Ayako's.

"But for now, my bedroll awaits." Grimly. "We shall see if my sleep is interrupted again. I expect you to get some rest too, no dream heroics."

((Good to fade to /scene? :D ))
Great Destiny

Yoshitsune Ayako

Anjing wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:51 am
"But for now, my bedroll awaits." Grimly. "We shall see if my sleep is interrupted again. I expect you to get some rest too, no dream heroics."

((Good to fade to /scene? :D ))
"Sounds good," Ayako agreed, as they headed for their tents. "It's been a long day."