Nanzi Ai

[Day 1 - EM] Pyramid Song

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Scene Theme

The streets of the village were misty and cold this morning, but Ai liked to keep things on a schedule; she did not like chaos and disorder. So she tried to continue her training regimen in this strange place that seemed to nip at her insecurities and fears… or maybe that was just her own thoughts manifest at her shortcomings so close to a moment of Destiny.

So she focused those anxieties and that anger into her training; into the keen edge of her blade. She had found an open late just off the street to train her iaijutsu and kenjutsu under the gaze of her Honored Grandmother. It was her way to honor her, and in a way it made her feel close to her family.

Even when it felt like the cousins in some cases were drifting apart… or maybe it was just the natural progression of large sprawling families.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Re: [Day 1 - EM] Pyramid Song

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Ai will not be the only one there.

Otomo Akutou steps forward, tips his hat--because here, he is, in fact, wearing it.

"Mornin', ma'am," he says. "Didja eat yet?"

A drop of condensation falls from one of the straws of his cloak.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

With a smooth motion she sheathed her blade, she turned her gaze to the Stag and said warmly, “Otomo-san, it is a pleasure to see an honored ally. I have been blessed with a meal and pray that you have as well.”

“Have you come for the Festival?” she added.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"I et, thank you kindly," Akutou replies. "But as f'r a festival...I guess? All's I had was the O-Iemoto sayin' t' go up to Blue Lotus, so I done so."

He glances about. "Still ain't sure he ain't here watchin'. Never can tell with 'im."

His gaze focuses sharply on a nearby door just a moment before it opens and an older child walks out, sees the pair, and steps back inside.

"Anyway, since I'm here an' there's some goin's on, I figure I'll check 'em out. Food's been decent enough so far, even if th' pickles're diff'rent'n I'm used to."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She added, “It is good that you enjoy the food on offer.”

She nodded as she focused her ears on the interesting patois on display by the Stag. She then looked around carefully and asked, “Should we be concerned with this unseen observer?”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"No, ma'am," replies Akutou. "Just a local kid, looks like. Still gettin' used t' th' local noise. Only got here yesterday, an' fog plays with sounds somethin' fierce.

"But it sounds like you got a better briefin' on things."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She smiled warmly and said, “I only know that Shinsei has gathered a great deal of promising samurai and individuals for a task thousands of years in the making. The wheel is turning, Otomo-san.”

“The battle between Good and Evil is coming to a head.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Ain't Shinsei that guy with the crow an' the rock?" Akutou asks. "Pops up 'round big events an' all? An' in some outta th' way place, now?"

He shrugs. "Why not? What's th' big deal this time 'round?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I can’t speak to the nature of the big deal this time around, perhaps Shinsei knows, and will deliver it to us in cryptic koans and riddles. I do know that my Honored Father said this day would come and come soon. A Day of Thunder when the Champions of Ningen-Do do direct battle with the Champion of Evil for control of this realm,” she responded.

“This battle has happened before and will happen again.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Th' O-Iemoto had said somethin' that way a while back," Akutou replies. "And word says th' Admiral," Akutou sucks his teeth, "made sim'lar mention.

"Makes a body wonder why who got sent got sent. Some, it's sensible. Others?" Another shrug. "Like I said, th' O-Iemoto said come, so I did."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

As the talk moved towards the thunders, another set of footsteps began to pad their way towards the two. There was a woman in monastic robes, simple and plain, finishing off a small rice ball as she walked. She hadn't overheard anything, but as she saw the two of them, her eyes briefly widened and she bowed once to them both. 'That one. Almost certainly old man Nanzi's daughter.' Was there fondness in her mind or irritation? She'd always had a complicated relationship with Nanzi and his way of viewing things. Still, she did respect him, even if her mind wandered, wondering how far the apple fell from the tree...

"Good morning, -samas. Seems our lives are filled with fog today," she said, her voice a bit like the grating of pebbles that water flowed over.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Mornin', ma'am," Akutou says, again touching the brim of his hat. "An' yes, it's foggy, no doubt."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She turned from the Stag and gave warm greetings to the woman who spoke, "Good morning, O-bou-san." She had the look of a holy person, or maybe she had the demeanor... either way she would be respectful to her elders.

"The fog clings to the village, it does not seem eager to leave it alone."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Holy. oh how that would have been an interesting thought to Nozomi. She never really thought of herself as such. "I've gotten used to there always being something holding me back from seeing what's in front of me, at least not far past my hands. Sometimes, I just have to walk blind to get where I need to go. Have to trust the guide." She offered a shrug, her hands folding into her sleeves. "Sorry, I suppose that introductions are in order. I'm called Nozomi."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Otomo Akutou," and another touch of the brim.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Nozomi? Would this be the same Nozomi that traveled with my Honored Father to save Hisomu-ojisan? This one is Nanzi Ai, retainer and Yumenosenshi of the Crane,” she said kindly.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

There was a momentary discomfort. She always preferred to focus on the stories of those who traveled with her, but there was no harm in the tale any longer. Enough years passed that she knew a few stories of her exploits followed. "I might have a recollection of following a few of my distant kin and a pair of mountains of men down past the river once, yes. A long time ago, in another lifetime, if you will." She nodded once. "These days I try to keep myself useful and share the occasional stories from the old days. Good to meet you. You're Nanzi's daughter, yes? I... haven't been back that way in a long time. Too much work in the south. How's your father?"

She nodded over to the Otomo and favored him a grim smile. "I get the feeling we're all going to be doing a few introductions, at least for the first day before a certain someone tells us what we're here for." He certainly hadn't spilled the beans to her yet.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“As my father says, ‘you never forget who you went to Heaven or Hell with and Nanzi’s memory is better than most’,” she responded.

“Yes, Nozomi-obasan, he is busy protecting the family and Clan from Yume-Jigoku… he set me on this path since the day he saved the potential Thunder; and now that the time has come this is where I am most needed.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Well, if'n that's the subject of conversation," Akutou puts in, "I's sent here by Seppun Dawei. Still ain't sure why, though."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Dawei-sama! You stand in good company then,” she said warmly. “You have come to a dangerous place at the moment of Destiny.”

“Your Lord did not say as to your purpose?”