Otomo Akutou

D4LE: Following Up (Open)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou returns to the back alley he had spotted before, thinking to follow up on last night's discovery.

Let's see what all's afoot t'night, he thinks.

And he thinks he's onto something.

~~~~~
Rolling Investigation to search out folks since I already know this is a place that gets used for clandestine activities
43, https://sakkaku.org/r/11628
If I need to make a different roll, let me know.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Re: D4LE: Following Up (Open)

Post by Canary »

He finds his way back to the alley, and it's not hard to find the door. There are three red marks on the door frame in the lower corner. Most wouldn't know the meaning of such, but most people weren't Akutou. The mark, in the limited underground that there is, would normally suggest a house of ill repute with a variety of entertainment on offer.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Well, I c'ld use a drink, Akutou thinks, and he goes to the door, making to enter. Presuming it's openable, he goes in; if it isn't, he'll of course have to talk to somebody.

And it's a good evening for a conversation.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Canary

Post by Canary »

The place... Well, it's less busy brothel and more an earthwork shed facing into the narrow side street. Entering, he finds a tiny genkan, then a raised tatami area with three law tables set up in a horseshoe shape. A variety of bottles are up on the shelves. A couple of people are playing a dice game at one end, and there is a young woman in the center of the tables looking on.

When Akutou enters, she looks surprised and bows. "Ah- good evening! Welcome!" She looks a little nervous, eyeing his weapons. "What can I get for you, samurai-sama?"

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou makes his way up to the center table where the young woman is, and he taps the brim of his hat as he finds a seat.

"What all've y' got, miss?" he asks, glancing about. "An' what's th' game?"

Canary

Post by Canary »

"Sake, shochu, nongxiang baijiu," she said, then looked toward the dice game. "They're playing Sic Bo. Did you want to buy in?"

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Set me up wi' a baiju, miss," Akuotu says, "An' tell me, you been long in town here?"

He casts an eye toward the dice game. It's unfamiliar to him--cho-han had been more popular where he learned how things go--but learning more's always good. Ain't always comfortable, but always good.

"I 'magine th' influx o' folks hasn't been t' ev'rybody's likin'. 'Specially with th' way some've been carryin' on."