Nanzi Ai

[Day 4 - MA] Subterranean Homesick Alien

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Scene Theme

Ai took her role of city patrol seriously, of course she was a samurai. A Crane samurai, born to a great lineage, destined to do great things, and today that great thing was patrolling the village for any incursions or evil versions of Shinsei… or foxes… or evil raven spirits… demons… maybe cannibals? Maybe folk with that Innsmoth… ahem Blue Lotus Village look.

If it was evil she would find it.

Maybe.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 4 - MA] Subterranean Homesick Alien

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora's own patrol was a bit less martial in character. The events of the day had been troubling, to be sure, but he was going to do his best to be a reassuring presence.

To anyone insane enough to regard him as such.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Jiyo-sama, all is well within the village this hour, no intrusions," she said calmly.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

And no insane holy men running around eating babies either...

"Good, Nanzi-san, very good..."

A pause.

"And is all well within you?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Hai, nothing ill to report yet, one of the peasants misplaced their trousers but we found it, seems it had fallen from the line and got scuttled under some logs,” she said warmly.

“General malaise and talk of bad dreams, but nothing untoward beyond that,” she said kindly. “Chatter about some samurai having bad manners at the feast… so tensions have been raised there, and understandably they are upset just as many of us are upset about the situation. I pray cooler heads prevail and we do not turn to conflict.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'm working on something for that last part... I may not be as adept at Courtesy as some samurai present..."

He half-smiled.

"... but I think it's absolutely called for here."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Oh? Anything I can assist with?" she offered.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'm planning to host a meal for the villagers, to repay their hospitality, and... perhaps to repair some bridges that aren't yet burned."

He shook his head.

"Of course, the bill of fare will be fairly... limited, but I was hoping we could perhaps make up for the simple menu with some entertainment...."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I am no Scorpion song maiden, but if a Crane cannot entertain then we have lost our way," she said warmly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Good, good... One down, hopefully more to go."

He chuckled.

"I might simply reprise my great theatrical success as Hoi-Hoi. If nothing else, it will help other performances shine the brighter..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Hoi-Hoi was the centerpiece of our great success," she praised.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I think it was the bucket."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai laughed serenely and then said, "You are quite the character and well respected, this will go well, Jiyo-sama."

"I am sure Hikaru-san would be glad to assist as well, especially if my cousin is involved."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Hm, are they making it official then?"

He smiled.

"Good for them."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:11 pm
"Hm, are they making it official then?"

He smiled.

"Good for them."
"Yes, and I am quite happy for them, maybe I will get to organize some of the wedding, unless my sisters beat me to it," she responded.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:17 pm
"Yes, and I am quite happy for them, maybe I will get to organize some of the wedding, unless my sisters beat me to it," she responded.
"As a friend of Satsuki's and her family's, I am obliged, in the absence of any surlier blood relatives of hers, to note that if he breaks her heart, I will break his legs."

He... seemed to be joking.

"With that said... I'd like to see what sort of wedding you helped plan..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"My only concern for those two is his devotion to Lady Doji, I have warned him that he needs to focus now on my cousin with the same if not more attentive eye," she responded.

"Or we both get a leg."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I could hardly deny one of her family the choice of femur."

Oh, he was definitely enjoying this. So much he almost made a thoughtless quip about the Crane policing their own.

Almost.

"I honestly think it a sound pairing. They complement each other."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I am inclined to agree," she said honestly.

"If love can flourish in this place then there is hope for us yet. My only concern is if... well if one or the other is called to be a Thunder, or even worse, both."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I..."

He sighed.

"I think it would be better for both, than for only one. If they were already wed and had a family, I would say otherwise, but... well. I suppose we'll see in the next few days whether we even need to worry about that part, hm?"

Carries: