Doji Hikaru

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:28 pm
The dragon followed the crane's gaze and understood the full portrait.

''It is a good thing you already have a pathway to a solution. I will only offer one advice then, even if it might be very presumptuous of me to do so.'' he lowered his voice ''I am no master of the blade but I have heard Mirumoto speak: No strike can ever be truly perfect, only as perfect as the moment allow. Boldness can be rewarding even if it makes you vulnerable.''

His own eyes turned to lady Chouri and he smiled

''In some affairs, vulnerability should not be feared.''
Hikaru's lips pressed together, although his pale eyes seemed amused. "Lord Mirumoto and I may or may not disagree on that point. It might be fascinating to discuss. But either way, the point is well taken." His eyes narrowed as he considered. "I shall certainly keep your words in mind as I proceed in my quest." He was silent for a few moments as he did exactly that.

He followed Zhe's gaze and his smile. Hikaru's own expression did not change. Instead, he simply nodded. "It can be a difficult thing to remember. While the tenet of Courtesy is universal, one does need to remember that a behavior that is inappropriate in one setting may be entirely appropriate in another. Or even best." Slowly, he inclined his head. "It follows that the same may be true of vulnerability."
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:57 pm
Hikaru's lips pressed together, although his pale eyes seemed amused. "Lord Mirumoto and I may or may not disagree on that point. It might be fascinating to discuss. But either way, the point is well taken." His eyes narrowed as he considered. "I shall certainly keep your words in mind as I proceed in my quest." He was silent for a few moments as he did exactly that.

He followed Zhe's gaze and his smile. Hikaru's own expression did not change. Instead, he simply nodded. "It can be a difficult thing to remember. While the tenet of Courtesy is universal, one does need to remember that a behavior that is inappropriate in one setting may be entirely appropriate in another. Or even best." Slowly, he inclined his head. "It follows that the same may be true of vulnerability."
Unlike the crane, Zhe had no problem to smile at those words. He gave the other man a nod

''That is very good counsel, Doji-san. I do believe I found inspiration in your words, I thank you for it''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:59 pm
Why hello there.
Sora approached the headwoman and offered a brief bow.

"Chouri-san, I wish to thank your community for your hospitality in hosting this event. I hope that before we leave, we can return the favor."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:58 pm
Sora approached the headwoman and offered a brief bow.

"Chouri-san, I wish to thank your community for your hospitality in hosting this event. I hope that before we leave, we can return the favor."
She smiles, looking curious. "What did you have in mind, Jiyo-sama?"
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Chouri wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:02 pm
She smiles, looking curious. "What did you have in mind, Jiyo-sama?"
He made a bit of a face at the "sama."

""Please, just Jiyo-san. In the Imperial City I might have some measure of importance, but in this context, I'm simply an uninvited guest. Anyway. It might take some work, but hopefully we can provide a meal of our own..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:04 pm
He made a bit of a face at the "sama."

""Please, just Jiyo-san. In the Imperial City I might have some measure of importance, but in this context, I'm simply an uninvited guest. Anyway. It might take some work, but hopefully we can provide a meal of our own..."
She looked surprised. It morphed quickly into a bright smile, though. "I'm sure everyone would love that. It would be nice if some of us could get to know some of your people a little more."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Chouri wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:17 pm
She looked surprised. It morphed quickly into a bright smile, though. "I'm sure everyone would love that. It would be nice if some of us could get to know some of your people a little more."
"I hasten to add that anything we put on would be... modest by comparison. And that would be to flatter our culinary skills greatly, but... I hope we can make some small gesture, in any event."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:20 pm
"I hasten to add that anything we put on would be... modest by comparison. And that would be to flatter our culinary skills greatly, but... I hope we can make some small gesture, in any event."
"Anything you're willing to give would be accepted in the spirit of hospitality it's offered with," she replied, shaking her head. "Whether it's rice porridge or a feast, the willingness to reach out with what you have is the important thing."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Chouri wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:25 pm
"Anything you're willing to give would be accepted in the spirit of hospitality it's offered with," she replied, shaking her head. "Whether it's rice porridge or a feast, the willingness to reach out with what you have is the important thing."
"Then I believe our liaison will be contacting you with the details once they are arranged, Chouri-san."

Carries: