Wu Dai Lu

Re: I just want to talk [Day 4, MA]

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:04 pm
Her comment made his eyebrow arc in interest. "I can relate to that Chouri-san," he admits. "Unlike many of my fellow samurai, I did not come here due to the summons of the," he pauses slightly before clearing his throat. "Little Teacher... but rather because something drew me into this village."

"I wonder, did you find anything that could shed more information about the crisis?"
"Just the information that I was able to reconstruct into our current festival," she said. "It helps with the nightmares people experience. Probably because of how people often come out of it learning how to control their dreams."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Oh was this festival not a common occurrence?" he was surprised "I guess you found it in the scrolls that detailed this village?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:11 pm
"Oh was this festival not a common occurrence?" he was surprised "I guess you found it in the scrolls that detailed this village?"
"It's once a year, stretching from the end of Tiger into Hare," she said. "I didn't exactly find it detailed... more bits and pieces here and there. I had to reconstruct it."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:32 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:11 pm
"It's once a year, stretching from the end of Tiger into Hare," she said. "I didn't exactly find it detailed... more bits and pieces here and there. I had to reconstruct it."
"Was the festival still practiced when you arrived?" he asks with curiosity. "I'm curious about the differences between both and what changes did you implement Chouri-san."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:34 pm
"Was the festival still practiced when you arrived?" he asks with curiosity. "I'm curious about the differences between both and what changes did you implement Chouri-san."
"The original inhabitants were gone by the time I arrived," she said with a shake of her head. "Unfortunately, it's hard to say."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:52 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:34 pm
"The original inhabitants were gone by the time I arrived," she said with a shake of her head. "Unfortunately, it's hard to say."
"None of the villagers would remember?" he asked before shaking his head. "It does not matter. For what is worth, I am enjoying this festival quite a deal. The second day in particular helped me find myself, truly find myself, so for that Chouri-san I do thank you."

"There was just one thing that actually worried me."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:07 pm
"None of the villagers would remember?" he asked before shaking his head. "It does not matter. For what is worth, I am enjoying this festival quite a deal. The second day in particular helped me find myself, truly find myself, so for that Chouri-san I do thank you."

"I'm the longest resident," she said. "The previous inhabitants left some forty years ago. I'm surprised to hear you say that, but I'm glad it helped."

"What's that?"

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:17 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:07 pm

"I'm the longest resident," she said. "The previous inhabitants left some forty years ago. I'm surprised to hear you say that, but I'm glad it helped."

"What's that?"
He undid one of his bandages and retrieved a small box from his pouch. He grabbed two fingers of jade from his bad and handed one to Chouri.

"Trust me, you will need it," he said in a calm tone. "Wu-san if you wish to peek as well and don't have jade tell me and I will lend you a piece as well."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe reached inside his robe to reveal his finger of Jade, sculpted like a sprout of wheat.

''I have protection''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri lifted her hand, showing a bracelet of jade beads. "I do, as well. Thank you, though, Hiruma-sama."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He gestured her thanks away "You are the protector of this village. I would not see your soul in peril," he smiled as he tuck the extra jade finger away.

He opened the box, revealing the dreamstone that Chouri had gifted him after the second day.

"This is a dreamstone, a natural one in fact. These are the stones that have been poisoning the river and hurting its spirits. These are a medium for the influence of Yume-Jigoku," he explained. "They are corrupted jade as far as I can tell and we have found a mine filled with these stones."

"I truly believe that the rituals we are performing are assisting us in staving the enemy. I for one have yet to have a bad night during my stay here. Yet for all that is worth, a ritual about Yume-Do can become an avenue by which the enemy attempts to infiltrate and seed its chaos."

"I would not see my companions nor these villagers suffering such a fate. We must work together to ensure such does not happen Chouri-san."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "I see... Yes, the village is aware of the dreamstone mine. It's where we got the gifts for those who succeeded the other day. I suppose I can see how they could be used for ill, though."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He eyed Chouri, measuring her words.

"Dreamstone is corrupted jade. It's very essence is anathema to purity. We must be careful and avoid using it least we put our soul at risk."

"That is not all that we found in the cave though."

He remained silent, gauging her reaction. Was it the scroll? Was it the boat?

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"I see," she said with a nod and a small frown. "Oh?"

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku held his gaze on Chouri.

"Can I tell you a story Chouri-san?"

He continues, his gaze still on Chouri.

"There was once a man that decided to take the weight of the world on his shoulders. He had lost his half and was set to punish those that had inflicted such pain on him. For him, nothing else really mattered, not even his well being, if it meant to hunt and catch his enemy."

He pauses and gauges her reaction

"Now this was something he did over five years. It didn't matter if it rained or if it snowed or if it was sunny, he would not relent on his pursuit. But what was he truly accomplishing? His half was still dead and his enemy was still there. Could he really do it alone? Could he really hold the weight of the world on his shoulders? He is willful sure but he isn't particularly strong. "

He looks at Wu Zhe and then turns back to Chouri.

"It took him to arrive here to understand that such a path never ends well. It ends with one losing themselves, their very sense of being. The weight of the world feels lighter when one shares it and trusts on others. Mistrust. That is what he slew in the festival."

He sighed and leaned back, relaxing

"His half might not be here but his enemy will be defeated. Because now he is not alone."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She smiled, looking genuinely moved. "He was right," she said with a small smile. "It really doesn't end well. I'm glad he found his way. I can't help but think that his half must also be happy for him."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:03 am
She smiled, looking genuinely moved. "He was right," she said with a small smile. "It really doesn't end well. I'm glad he found his way. I can't help but think that his half must also be happy for him."
"Perhaps, most likely, but she would have also wished that he offered the same compassion to others."

He looks at Chouri.

"You don't need to face everything alone. When the goal is the same we should help eachother. Shugenja or otherwise"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:27 pm
"Perhaps, most likely, but she would have also wished that he offered the same compassion to others."

He looks at Chouri.

"You don't need to face everything alone. When the goal is the same we should help eachother. Shugenja or otherwise"
She nodded a little bit. "I'll... do my best. Thank you, Hiruma-sama."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He looked at Wu Zhe and nodded.

"Perhaps I should take my leave now," he smiled at Chouri. "I do not wish to impose myself on your hospitality."

"Think on what I spoke Chouri-san," he says as he raises. "Do not do the same mistakes I did."