Saru Shang

Re: [Day 4 - Mid Morning] Origins

Post by Saru Shang »

"I suppose I don't..." she murmured, a bit defeated on that prospect as she looked to Ohta to see if she magically was friends with a nezumi. Shang had yet to meet one!
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta shook her head, "I can't say I've had the opportunity to meet any Nezumi, no. I hear they're not very common this far north. ...hm. Though now that you mention them, I wonder... I know most of their stories and such are by scent, but I wonder if they ever dabbled in pictograms... Could wrap them into this mystery."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri tapped her lips. "Hmm... I'm not sure. It's possible. "
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang was at a bit of a loss for what else to say regarding the matter, considering she knew little about the nezumi outside of existing in folklore. "I suppose if they are like people, they would have developed some sort of language. I can also imagine that might not be the case either. Hm! Reiko-san, this might be much more of your area of expertise. Maybe you could look into following up on finding these pictograms and asking around the camp for their experiences with nezumi? I know Jiyo-sama is an elder, in more ways than one, perhaps his limitless stories would have something of use?"

At the present, Shang wasn't personally acquainted with the nezumi scurrying around dreams and the camp.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I can but promise to look into it, Saru-sama. I will admit, he could be an avenue to look into, but I shall find out what I can regardless. I may not be as reckless as some, but I will give my all to find results, and hopefully make sure everyone is safe."

She turned in her sitting position and first bowed to Shang, then to Chouri.

"You have both been of great help today, letting me read these scrolls and join you two. Helping is the least I can do."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"I should be thanking you, Reiko-san," she chuckled, shaking her head on an amused note before she returned the bow. "Truly, I would have been squinting at these words all day and not made progress. Thank you for joining me."

Seeing as Ohta was wrapping up her business here, Shang figured she should do the same. The headwoman was very likely to be busy with other appointments and there was no point of lingering any longer than she had to. "Thank you for letting us in your home on such short notice, Chouri-san."

With that, she rose to see herself out.

Description

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Of course." Chouri rose and bowed. "Thank you both for joining me."

Played by GM Canary

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Have a pleasant day," Shang said in parting and took her leave.

/exit

(OOC: Thanks for the scene!)

Description

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

(Yes, thank you both much!)

/exit

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri rose and bowed to them both as they leave. "Have a lovely evening."

/scene

((Thank you both!))

Played by GM Canary