Haka Soju

Re: Preemptive Measures (D1, LM)

Post by Haka Soju »

"You get a portion of the rice raised by each village that you convince to join," Sujo says, grinning. "I am certain you can see the benefits of joining early. You won't get a better deal from the Crab or Stag Clans. Plus, we are much better dressers."

She glances down at her bone-ladden dress. "Not all Scorpion samurai are representative of their Clan's cutting edge fashion sense. But, I am rather certain that we are the only ones who have figured out how to wear our kimono with our boobs nearly spilling out, without them actually doing so, so there is much secret fashion knowledge we can impart."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Spiritsinger • Tribal • One-Eyed • Destined • Terrible Mother

Carries: Extravagant Clothing, Tanto, Bone Comb (in hair), Chopsticks, Fan, Coin Purse

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri has a hand over her mouth, suppressing laughter. "Well, that is quite a feat. However do they do it?"
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Suko holds up a chastising finger. "Ah, it is a secret! We can tell you, but only once you've joined the Scorpion."

She feigned thinking of something. "Well, I suppose you could try to watch as one of those busty Scorpion girls undresses, so as to discover their secret, but that might send the wrong idea. Then you would have to go through a whole fake courtship and marriage to maintain the deception, and that just seems like more work to me."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Spiritsinger • Tribal • One-Eyed • Destined • Terrible Mother

Carries: Extravagant Clothing, Tanto, Bone Comb (in hair), Chopsticks, Fan, Coin Purse

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"That does seem like a lot just to maintain a precarious skin-to-clothing balance," she mused, nodding. "So, Haka-san, what brings you here? You seem to have a different perspective than many of the visitors."

Played by GM Canary

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

"I am just a performer," she says, sighing softly. "I was sent here to sing a few songs and generally raise public opinion of the Scorpion. I'm technically allowed to stab exactly one Crane, but the only one I've met is rather nice, if a bit naive, so I'll probably pass on that." Her tone was half-joking. "I'm rather surprised to see so many samurai and monks showing up, all armed to the teeth and talking about their grand, vague destinies."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"I suspect all that destiny whatnot is a measure of potential as much as impending events," she mused. "Just many many factors all coming together to create a consequence. But I admit that my theories would probably be considered somewhat fringe to most."

Played by GM Canary

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Soju shrugged. "I think that your theory makes more sense than some wandering man - who I am told fucks donkeys? - being able to see the future and gather people together at random places to do vague things of great importance. I am not a priest, but it seems to me that someone who knows so much about the ways of fate and destiny would maybe fuck fewer donkeys if he were legitimate."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"I... huh," she replied intelligently, staring blankly at Soju. "Someone fucks donkeys?"

Played by GM Canary

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

"I don't know for sure," Soju says, walking it back a bit. "I just keep hearing people call that Shinsei person a donkey fucker. At first, I thought it was just an insult, but lots of different people were..."

She shakes her head and waves it away. "You know, let's forget it, I'm probably wrong. Just, you know... maybe have someone watch the donkeys at night."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri shrugs. "It's all right. Were you born into the Scorpion?"

Played by GM Canary

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

"No, I was a Shoji. I've only been a Scorpion for a few years. What about yourself?"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Well, I wasn't born here, if that's what you're asking. I found this place," she explained. ""I believe I've heard of the Shoji. Your people had some fascinating practices."

Played by GM Canary

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

"Oh? What have you heard?"